Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is it crazy

Go down 
+3
Farmer1906
Ninja
Thomasdrrn09
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

Is it crazy Empty
PostSubject: Is it crazy   Is it crazy EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 11:44 pm

to put bj penn in front of GSP in the p4p rankings. I know it is hard to do after GSP beat him twice but I think if you put BJ in GSP's body the outcome might have been different. Just curious what you guy's think.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Is it crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it crazy   Is it crazy EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 11:53 pm

Ya, I think it doesn't make much sense considering GSP beat Penn head to head twice. Also I truly believe the 170 division has a far deeper talent pool and more dangerous fighters than 155.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Is it crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it crazy   Is it crazy EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 11:57 pm

Yeah it was pretty damn dumb. Like Ninja said GSP is clearly the better fighters and has dominated a deeper weight class.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Is it crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it crazy   Is it crazy EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 11:58 pm

If u asked me to make an argument for it, I could, but wouldn't do it with a straight face. If BJ came up and beat one of the top 5 WW's not GSP, I could see it potentially.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

Is it crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it crazy   Is it crazy EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 12:39 pm

Thomasdrrn09 wrote:
to put bj penn in front of GSP in the p4p rankings. I know it is hard to do after GSP beat him twice but I think if you put BJ in GSP's body the outcome might have been different. Just curious what you guy's think.

Put BJ in GSP's body? Really??? You can't. That's GSP's body, it's his and it's a big part of why he's a better fighter than BJ ever will be. He's more physically gifted than BJ and he works much harder.

You also can't put BJ ahead of GSP in the P4P rankings. When two P4P greats fight that's how it can be decided who is better. Obviously a HW will never be able to fight a LW to decide but in the case of these two fighters they have fought and one was utterly dominated by the other. Case closed.
Back to top Go down
thedarkwingduck2k50
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Is it crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it crazy   Is it crazy EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 1:12 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
If u asked me to make an argument for it, I could, but wouldn't do it with a straight face. If BJ came up and beat one of the top 5 WW's not GSP, I could see it potentially.

there's no doubt BJ could beat a top 5 WW not name GSP. Diego Sanchez is a top 10 WW had he stay in the 170 lb division, and BJ made him look really bad. In fact, has any top 5 WW like fitch and koscheck make diego look this bad before?
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

Is it crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it crazy   Is it crazy EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 1:47 pm

thedarkwingduck2k50 wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

there's no doubt BJ could beat a top 5 WW not name GSP. Diego Sanchez is a top 10 WW had he stay in the 170 lb division, and BJ made him look really bad. In fact, has any top 5 WW like fitch and koscheck make diego look this bad before?

I don't think you can argue that Diego is the same fighter at 155 that he was at 170. If this fight had happened when Diego was at 170 it might not have been so easy for BJ.
Back to top Go down
thedarkwingduck2k50
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Is it crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it crazy   Is it crazy EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 1:49 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

I don't think you can argue that Diego is the same fighter at 155 that he was at 170. If this fight had happened when Diego was at 170 it might not have been so easy for BJ.

really? what else do you think would have been different if they fought at 170, bigs?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Is it crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it crazy   Is it crazy EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 3:37 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

really? what else do you think would have been different if they fought at 170, bigs?

Well, he would have been a bigger target that didn't move well and couldn't adapt...

In all fairness, if it was the same BJ that wouldn't take shit seriously in his previous 170 fights, he could have gassed in the 3rd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is it crazy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it crazy   Is it crazy Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it crazy
Page 1 of 1