Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2014 NFL Discussion

Go down 
+8
KingsOwn19
Farmer1906
cheekynffc
bobbitt15
jewzilla
Ludo
oggy420
timthebim
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 7:51 am

bummer dropping to 3-2, but at least it was an exiting game to watch.

hopefully the bye week will allow that OL to get sorted out and cam wake plus a few others to get healthy and the schedule gets exponentially less brutal for the rest of the year.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 9:19 am

When is Wake supposed to be back?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 9:27 am

OU wrote:
Top 3
Broncos
Saints
Seahawks49ers

Bottom 3
Giants
Bucs
Jags
pretty much stayed the same.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 9:31 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
When is Wake supposed to be back?
he should be back after the bye week.

it wasn't serious, he was questionable the last two weeks and pulled out at gametime.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 9:42 am

Still stand by what I said about Miami. They aren't a bad team but I think they miss the playoffs by about 2 games. Like I said before even though they beat the Colts I think the Colts are better. Mentioned it before I liked the Ravens more even before yesterday's win. People were too quick to get down on Cincy, they will have a solid year. Just no where for Miami to fit in this year.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 10:12 am

OU wrote:
Still stand by what I said about Miami. They aren't a bad team but I think they miss the playoffs by about 2 games. Like I said before even though they beat the Colts I think the Colts are better. Mentioned it before I liked the Ravens more even before yesterday's win. People were too quick to get down on Cincy, they will have a solid year. Just no where for Miami to fit in this year.
it's entirely possible, the OL is a major concern, i can't believe they didn't go after eugene monroe if he was available for a 4th and a 5th.

still, we've come through the really difficult part of the schedule 3-2, which was what was needed to have a shot in the second half of the season. i think the dolphins will live or die based on head to head results against the pats.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 10:30 am

cheekynffc wrote:
OU wrote:
it's entirely possible, the OL is a major concern, i can't believe they didn't go after eugene monroe if he was available for a 4th and a 5th.

still, we've come through the really difficult part of the schedule 3-2, which was what was needed to have a shot in the second half of the season. i think the dolphins will live or die based on head to head results against the pats.
Miami is definitely going in the right direction. I just don't think they are quite there yet. I just think people overreacted on a few teams too early. I think I saw Miami in the top 5 in the power rankings and IMO they aren't anywhere near top 5 team in the NFL.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 10:50 am

OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
OU wrote:

Miami is definitely going in the right direction. I just don't think they are quite there yet. I just think people overreacted on a few teams too early. I think I saw Miami in the top 5 in the power rankings and IMO they aren't anywhere near top 5 team in the NFL.
i agree about the power rankings.

miami was 7th with espn and cbs after beating atlanta and stayed 7th after getting tonked by the saints, teams below miami included the 49ers, packers and texans. the pundits tend to overreact to top teams losses as well as up and comers wins, that's 24 hour media saturation for you i suppose.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 10:54 am

I don't know what to think of the Texans right now. But they have the talent. Right now I think it's Denver all alone in the AFC on top. But right now I see either 49ers or Saints winning the NFC.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 11:16 am

I'm not impressed at all by the 49ers. Kaepernick was so overblown. I know they don't have receivers right now but they'll get shut down by Seattle every time they match up
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 11:24 am

schaub needs to sort himself out, the commentators were talking about his pick six streak last night and he delivered again right on cue, it might have been his first pass though i can't remember 100%.

i reckon denver might come unstuck myself, they have a ridiculously easy schedule and might have a problem if they have a first round bye then run into a team that can bring it for 60 minutes. a soft schedule makes for a soft belly.

in the NFC i think the 49ers, seahawks, saints, falcons and packers are all capable of beating each other on any given day, so who knows there?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 11:58 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
I'm not impressed at all by the 49ers. Kaepernick was so overblown. I know they don't have receivers right now but they'll get shut down by Seattle every time they match up
I have a similar feeling about Seattle. They are not the same team on the road that they are at home. They could have easily lost all their road games this year. Should have lost last week.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 9:55 pm

How bout my boy Alex Smith?

Surprised how easily we beat the Texans. I was expecting a grinder but they pretty much gave us 14-21 points
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 2:40 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
How bout my boy Alex Smith?

Surprised how easily we beat the Texans. I was expecting a grinder but they pretty much gave us 14-21 points
It was pretty sad to watch the Texans self destruct like that. When your quarterback only needs to complete 6 passes and you still score more than 30 points and handily win a game it's hard to even take credit for it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 10:06 am

Crazy how fast things change. Not long ago Matt Flynn was being drooled over as a FA QB and signed to a nice deal in Seattle. Now, he get cuts from Oakland. Damn. I mean he got cut by fucking Oakland. What a fall.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:01 pm

IMO the 1-4 Falcons still have a better shot to make the playoffs then the Dolphins. Also, no doubt in my mind they are the better football team.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Maybe not....Julio Jones out for the year.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 2:47 pm

My jets are pretty good

The defensive front has to be considered one of the best in football. If our corners and safeties were worth a damn I think we'd easily be the top defense.

Mo Wilkerson is an absolute stud and one of the most active, disruptive forces in the NFL.

As for Geno, I think he has already proven that physically, he is far more talented than Mark Sanchez. He's got a big strong arm, can make every throw, just really needs to focus on protecting the football like he did against the Falcons last night.

If we can keep this running game going, keep putting Geno in good situations where he doesn't have to throw the ball 40 plus times, I think we have a real shot at making the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:10 pm

I think saying the Jets are "pretty good" is a stretch. Another case where the current record doesn't reflect where they really stand in the league. But by the end of the year they will still be a bottom 8 team. They were expected to be a bottom 2 team so they are better then expected. Like I said before I think teams like Falcons and Cowboys are still better then the Jets.

I actually said before the draft I thought Geno would end up being the best QB from the draft. As long as they give him time to develop I think he can be a solid starter for years.

But the Jets have no shot at the playoffs. Although I'll be pulling for them because I hate the Pats and I would love to see the media eat shit for everything they said about Jets, Geno and Ryan. Also would be nice to see them win without Sanchez.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:44 pm

OU wrote:
I think saying the Jets are "pretty good" is a stretch. Another case where the current record doesn't reflect where they really stand in the league. But by the end of the year they will still be a bottom 8 team. They were expected to be a bottom 2 team so they are better then expected. Like I said before I think teams like Falcons and Cowboys are still better then the Jets.

I actually said before the draft I thought Geno would end up being the best QB from the draft. As long as they give him time to develop I think he can be a solid starter for years.

But the Jets have no shot at the playoffs. Although I'll be pulling for them because I hate the Pats and I would love to see the media eat shit for everything they said about Jets, Geno and Ryan. Also would be nice to see them win without Sanchez.

We beat the Bucs but obviously they are pretty bad. Then we lost a close defensive battle against the Pats, who I feel have definitely taken a step back this year. We beat the Bills, looked terrible against the Titans, and won last night against the Falcons.

Looking at the schedule the rest of the way, there are only 4 more matchups that jump out at me as tough games.

We play Pitt next week, but I honestly expect to win that game.

Then we Play a tough stretch of the Pats, Bengals, Saints, and Ravens in a 5 game span. That will make or break the season right there.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 4:00 pm

Maybe if you were in the NFC East you might have a shot at the playoffs. I just don't see where they can fit in this year in the AFC playoffs. I still think teams like the Ravens are better then them. I'm still not buying Miami but I think they have a better shot then the Jets do this season. Colts look legit this year and so does KC. I don't think Pats are that great but I still expect them to make the playoffs. I think Cincy pulls it together and makes it in. Maybe next year the Jets and Dolphins will be there in the hunt for a playoff spot. I just don't think this is the season for either team.
Steelers are pretty bad. Not as bad as the Giants but clearly not a good football team. I think the AFC playoff teams will come from this group. Pats, Cincy, Indy and Denver as likely division winner. Wild card or teams in mix: KC, Houston, Ravens, Titans in that order. I guess Miami and San Diego could be dark horses. But I don't see them making the cut.
Maybe if the Jets were in the NFC East they could make it to the playoffs lol. But I still think the Cowboys are a decent team. Lost 2 very close game to KC and Denver. Blew a lead vs San Diego.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:05 am

the jets have a good D and they are obviously a lot better for not having sanchez in the lineup.

they must be doing something right because the media aren't slaughtering rex all day, every day for nothing in particular
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 9:01 am

that loss to buffalo was inexcusable, it left me wondering if tony sparano had returned to the building.

hand them a 14-0 lead in the first quarter, dominate the rest of the game and then fumble backwards 15 yards into field goal range when you're driving to ice the game in the 4th quarter.

disgraceful. it's time for both mike sherman and tyson clabo to be euthanised, it's the only humane thing to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 9:03 am

Needed Denver -4.5 points to collect $2,000 and Dallas vs Eagles to go over 54.5 points to collect another $3,000. When the fuck do the Eagles only score 3 points?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 9:28 am

You guys still like Miami to make the playoffs? People clearly overreacted on those guys way too early.

No reason why the Cowboys shouldn't win the NFC East and another example of the record not being a good indicator of how good they are. Cowboys aren't elite but they are a good football team. But people love to hate Dallas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 NFL Discussion    2014 NFL Discussion   - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

2014 NFL Discussion
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next