Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you want your government to do?

Go down 
+7
captain organic
GDPofDRC
Ali
OU
cheekynffc
Birdofthad
Farmer1906
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

What do you want your government to do? Empty
PostSubject: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:39 pm

What should their role be?
What specific areas should they have influence?

I want personal opinions.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:49 pm

Im going to keep this really short and simple

work together to better the lives of the public
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:45 pm

lol
read the constitution. It kind of explains what the role of government should be....
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:20 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

That's so generic. It could mean anything.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:32 am

Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:49 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

That's so generic. It could mean anything.

what do you expect? for Bird to admit that he advocates a system in which bankers steal from the poor and middle class? That he advocates the police state, the surveillance state, the destruction of consitutional rights and civil liberties? That he would rather kick the bucket and pass crushing debt down to his children rather than have to sacrifice cutting spending or stopping the drone bombings of children? To stop foreign aid which takes money from poor people in our country and gives it to rich corrupt regimes of other countries?

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:06 am

I want the constitution to be the driving force in government.

I want Government accountability

I want the government to suggest policies which their families will have to follow if set.

I want taxes to be something that support our nation not a penalty which it has become.

I want spending to be curbed so that my childrens children have a viable thriving country to grow up in.

Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:39 pm

Here is what i don't want Government to do - kill americans with drones on american soil

Yes, the president does have the authority to use military force against American citizens on US soil—but only in "an extraordinary circumstance," Attorney General Eric Holder said in a letter to Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.) Tuesday.

"The U.S. Attorney General's refusal to rule out the possibility of drone strikes on American citizens and on American soil is more than frightening," Paul said Tuesday. "It is an affront the constitutional due process rights of all Americans."

Last month, Paul threatened to filibuster the nomination of John Brennan, Obama's pick to head the CIA, "until he answers the question of whether or not the President can kill American citizens through the drone strike program on U.S. soil." Tuesday, Brennan told Paul that "the agency I have been nominated to lead does not conduct lethal operations inside the United States—nor does it have any authority to do so." Brennan said that the Justice Department would answer Paul's question about whether Americans could be targeted for lethal strikes on US soil.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 6:03 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
What should their role be?
What specific areas should they have influence?

I want personal opinions.

wow, thats a broad question you'd probably need a phd in polictics to give a proper answer to.

i feel that a democratic government should be dedicated to providing healthcare, education and law & order for all among other things but society is disintegrating far quicker than politicians are able to legislate for it and few have the required intelligence or insight to legislate for it even if they did have the luxury of time.

i've said before that what the UK needs is a bloody good civil war to sort the wheat from the chaff and i was only half joking.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:24 am

I think we need to bomb North Korea ASAP.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:22 pm

you don't need a phd in political science to understand what the role of governmet should be. You need common sense
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:14 pm

There are more then 10 nukes pointed at my home town right now...true story. That's why me must nuke North Korea tomorrow. I think we can all agree on that.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:12 pm

oggy420 wrote:
you don't need a phd in political science to understand what the role of governmet should be. You need common sense

hahaha, simple as that eh?

get yourself on the phone to obama, i'm sure he'd pay through the nose for a consultant that knows how to sort everything out with a bit of common sense Very Happy

i'd love to hear the nailed on, common sense solutions to unemployment or immigration, to name but two issues.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:43 pm

OU wrote:
There are more then 10 nukes pointed at my home town right now...true story. That's why me must nuke North Korea tomorrow. I think we can all agree on that.

I doubt North Korea has ten nukes, but its getting ready to pop off soon. How do you know this anyway? I work 300 yards from the fort knox airport so I'm wondering if I need to be prepared.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:55 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
OU wrote:

I doubt North Korea has ten nukes, but its getting ready to pop off soon. How do you know this anyway? I work 300 yards from the fort knox airport so I'm wondering if I need to be prepared.
I didn't say they were North Korean nukes. I doubt they have 1 nuke that could reach my hometown. But seriously there are double digest nukes pointed at Lawton/Ft.Sill right now from around the World.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:58 pm

OU wrote:
OU wrote:

I didn't say they were North Korean nukes. I doubt they have 1 nuke that could reach my hometown. But seriously there are double digest nukes pointed at Lawton/Ft.Sill right now from around the World.

well that makes me feel better then
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:03 pm

OU wrote:
OU wrote:

well that makes me feel better then

I had an amazing history teacher that has since been called back to active duty. It's crazy because he would have these crazy secret meetings he would get called away from for years. My older sister(4 years older) also had him as a teacher and we always joked around about him being a like a Super CIA SEAL Ranger. He had some amazing stories with insane details. Best teacher I ever had. But yeah, plenty of big bombs have their targets set for the largest artillery base in the US.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:07 pm

I know a lot of soldiers I have met out this way have been in South Korea for a few months and we've had a rash of South Korean soldiers getting trained here in Fort Knox. The shit's gonna hit the fan with North Korea within 6 months imo.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:08 pm

I know a lot of soldiers I have met out this way have been in South Korea for a few months and we've had a rash of South Korean soldiers getting trained here in Fort Knox. The shit's gonna hit the fan with North Korea within 6 months imo.
There have been Korean soldiers trained here for years, I ain't trippin.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:16 pm

dude we have maintained at least 30,000 troops in south korea since the cease fire was signed (the Korean War never ended)

shits not about to go down with N Korea their just posturing as always

you think the Kim family wants to lose their power in North Korea? its clear they love that shit like Tito loves a good excuse
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:23 pm

OU wrote:
There have been Korean soldiers trained here for years, I ain't trippin.

I am. Never seeing them here before and now all of a sudden they're here makes me wonder what's going on. Not too mention the 3-1 brigade sending guys over there is saying it's gonna go down.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:25 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

dude we have maintained at least 30,000 troops in south korea since the cease fire was signed (the Korean War never ended)

shits not about to go down with N Korea their just posturing as always

you think the Kim family wants to lose their power in North Korea? its clear they love that shit like Tito loves a good excuse

Good point but I'm still worried about it. I doubt they'll fire a nuke at us but you never know now days.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:18 pm

We're going to war with Iran before we go to war with north Korea
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:22 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

Technically the war never ended, it's just a cease fire. So we are still at war with North Korea, it never ended.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:46 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

North Korea is a far greater threat than Iran...
North Korea is already test firing nukes underground while there isn't even any solid evidence that Iran is capable of building one despite whatever false intelligence you might hear coming from Netanyahu..

"We think we need to come to a point where no country will have any nuclear weapons," Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast told a weekly news conference when asked about the test. "All weapons of mass destruction and nuclear arms need to be destroyed."

Mehmanparast added that all countries should be able to use nuclear technology for peaceful purposes.

Doesn't exactly sound like the direct threats coming out of North Korea...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you want your government to do?   What do you want your government to do? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you want your government to do?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next