Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FUEL 8 predictions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

FUEL 8 predictions Empty
PostSubject: FUEL 8 predictions   FUEL 8 predictions EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 11:26 am

FOTN- Gomi vs Sanchez
SOTN-Cristiano Marcello
KOTN-Wanderlei Silva

I think both Hunt and Wand win by KO but Wand gets the bonus. I also think Lombard gets the KO. I'm hoping Gomi can as well and we end the night with 4 straight knockouts. But I expect Gomi to hurt Sanchez a few times but get put on his back throughout the fight. Sanchez's ability to take damage is what will make it FOTN.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

FUEL 8 predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUEL 8 predictions   FUEL 8 predictions EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 11:32 am

FOTN - Wand vs Stann
KOTN - Mark Hunt
SOTN - Diego Sanchez
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

FUEL 8 predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUEL 8 predictions   FUEL 8 predictions EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 3:56 pm

Fight Of The Night = Gomi vs. Sanchez
Knockout Of The Night = Brian Stann
Potential Stinker Of The Night = Okami vs. Lombard

Last edited by Ali* on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

FUEL 8 predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUEL 8 predictions   FUEL 8 predictions EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 4:00 pm

Ali* wrote:
Fight Of The Night = Gomi vs. Sanchez
Knockout Of The Night = Stann vs. Wandi
Potential Stinker Of The Night = Okami vs. Lombard
KOTN isn't awarded to a fight, it's given to a fighter. But looks like you got Stann by KO.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

FUEL 8 predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUEL 8 predictions   FUEL 8 predictions EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 5:16 pm

Cuts following this card: Yahya, Tavares, Bruce LeRoy, Tokudome, Guimaraes
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

FUEL 8 predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUEL 8 predictions   FUEL 8 predictions EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 5:24 pm

Fight of the Night - Yahya vs Hirota
Knockout of the Night - Stann or Lombard
Submission of the Night - Yahya
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

FUEL 8 predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUEL 8 predictions   FUEL 8 predictions EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:17 pm

FUEL 8 predictions Pride10

Being that this is the lowest level of UFC card there is sometimes (TUF finales you know), I'm actually looking forward to seeing Cacres vs Kang, Mizugaki vs Caraway and Tavares vs Fukuda, I think they are three well match contests, decent for the stream.

I like a lot of the Asians to win on the Facebook card. Lin will beat Guimaraes, Kang will beat Cacres and Tukudome will beat Marcello.

I do think Caraway will beat Mizugaki though. For starters Mizugaki is supposed to lose this so his win then lose rinse repeat pattern can continue. Also I rewatched some Caraway fights and I think he may be underrated. He isn't has bad as his pussy rep from TUF, he's been grappling well. I think he wrecks Rousey no problem.

Tavares vs Fukuda is tough to pick, toss up for me, has a chance to be a clinchfest or stinker. I'll take Tavarez.

I think the Pride Never Die main card is awesome, all 6 fights, I'd pay to see.

I think Hirota will beat and possibly KO Yahya. I thought he beat Pat Healy when they fought and if Pat wasn't as tough has he was he might of went down for good in that fight. I think Hirota will be able to and keep the fight where he wants and attack the face enough to end it.

Smart money is on Kim to grind off 15 minutes for the win, but I'm thinking Siyar is the only one of them that will have what it takes for the finish and he will get it with a huge right hand.

I think Lombard is a terrible matchup for Okami all around. He's just not the type of guy physically and in his skillset that is gonna see Okami get to where he want this, He's gonna end up in Lombard's personal space to often and take a fews hots that are gonna signal the end soon after.

Gomi vs Sanchez is gonna depend on how good Sanchez is at getting his takedowns. He goes for a lot of takedowns so it's safe to assume he will start to get them if the fight goes on a while, but Sanchez has also shown that just because he goes for a lot doesn't mean he finishes them, Gomi's takedown defense needs to be crisp though. On the feet Snachez will get his face mauled again. I got Gomi with either a KO or decision where he just batters Sanchez for about half the fight.

My line of thinking goes the same for Hunt vs Struve as it did the Gomi Sanchez fight; Struve wins this fight on the ground, Hunt wins this on the feet. Hunt has Sonnen like submission defense and Struve most dangerous offense is when he can get his branches around his opponent. Hunt's take down d is nothing to write home about but really neither is are Struves takedowns. I think Hunt is gonna KO Struve. Stefan's style of kickboxing doesn't take full advantage of his length, he gets to close and over commits too often and has been leveled because of it over and over again by far inferior and less powerful strikers of similar stature to Hunt for who this will not be the first time he has squared up with a man this size. Semmy did beat Hunt, but with Schilt, there is almost no finer example in how to fully utilize length in striking. Hunt's just gotta keeo this up and he might start to beat Stuve how he beat Rothwell if he oesn't Ko him.

Wanderlei Silva id better at MMA in every single aspect to Brian Stann but he wars, he blitzes, he gets loco, and when things get loco anything can happen. Wanderlei via PRIDE NEVER DIE! Knockout!

Fight of the Night - Silva vs Stann
Knockout of the Night - Co-winners, Hunt and Lombard
Submission of the Night - Caraway
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

FUEL 8 predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUEL 8 predictions   FUEL 8 predictions Empty

Back to top Go down

FUEL 8 predictions
Page 1 of 1