Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Playstation 4

Go down 
+3
OU
Ali
killerofchicken
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Playstation 4 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:51 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:
anyone who buys an X-Box 1 over Ps4 is a complete dumb fuck.. and I wish I can emphasize dumb fuck more.. well maybe if I do this

YOU WILL BE A COMPLETE DUMB FUCK

Why?

Feel free to take another swing at this question. I haven't stopped anticipating an actual answer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 4:12 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:
anyone who buys an X-Box 1 over Ps4 is a complete dumb fuck.. and I wish I can emphasize dumb fuck more.. well maybe if I do this

Why?

Feel free to take another swing at this question.  I haven't stopped anticipating an actual answer.
have you not been reading anything ..

I responded to your post that actually had something to respond too .. This is how 5 year olds question things.. "why?"

You have not bought an X-Box One yet so the statement doesn't even apply  .. At the current time there is a clear choice IMO.. if the consoles had the opposites stances.. I would be buying an Xbox .. I have no loyalty to one or the other

and I get the feeling like you will be buying both of these consoles anyway.. so enjoy

GDP's response: See dodging the question and can't give me a clear response..
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 4:31 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:

Why?

Feel free to take another swing at this question.  I haven't stopped anticipating an actual answer.

have you not been reading anything ..

I responded to your post that actually had something to respond too .. This is how 5 year olds question things.. "why?"

You have not bought an X-Box One yet so the statement doesn't even apply  .. At the current time there is a clear choice IMO.. if the consoles had the opposites stances.. I would be buying an Xbox .. I have no loyalty to one or the other

and I get the feeling like you will be buying both of these consoles anyway.. so enjoy

GDP's response: See dodging the question and can't give me a clear response..

Playstation 4 - Page 4 KEANU
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 4:34 pm

I've been reading what you typed, but you have not demonstrated why anyone, in particular myself, who buys an X-Box 1 over Ps4 is a COMPLETE DUMB FUCK at all. 

I asked you why and if that is how a 5-year old asks a question then how hard could it be to offer an answer?  It is as concise and to the point of a question to such a statements as can be offered without flat out saying why is anyone who buys an X-Box 1 over Ps4 is a COMPLETE DUMB FUCK?

You offered a response to one of my later posts but in no way addressed my question by demonstrating why anyone who buys an X-Box 1 over Ps4 is a COMPLETE DUMB FUCK

I didn't accuse you of dodging, I simply pointed out the fact you were unsuccessful in answering that question directly or even through ancillary, later posts, or did those posts somehow demonstrate the completeness of my dumb fuckery were I to buy a Xbox One before a PS4? 

It's a game, you said it, back it.

Why is anyone who buys an X-Box 1 over Ps4 is a COMPLETE DUMB FUCK?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 4:41 pm

It's funny, I haven't blatantly offered any support or criticism to either system, only demonstrated that the so called issues some people have against one system have nearly zero impact on me at all.  Who would of thought I would get all those nice labels thrown my way.  I  wonder why?
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 4:55 pm

Anyways getting this thread back on track here's the new Playstation headset.

Playstation 4 - Page 4 Headset1_67172_640screen
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 5:46 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I've been reading what you typed, but you have not demonstrated why anyone, in particular myself, who buys an X-Box 1 over Ps4 is a COMPLETE DUMB FUCK at all. 

I asked you why and if that is how a 5-year old asks a question then how hard could it be to offer an answer?  It is as concise and to the point of a question to such a statements as can be offered without flat out saying why is anyone who buys an X-Box 1 over Ps4 is a COMPLETE DUMB FUCK?

You offered a response to one of my later posts but in no way addressed my question by demonstrating why anyone who buys an X-Box 1 over Ps4 is a COMPLETE DUMB FUCK

I didn't accuse you of dodging, I simply pointed out the fact you were unsuccessful in answering that question directly or even through ancillary, later posts, or did those posts somehow demonstrate the completeness of my dumb fuckery were I to buy a Xbox One before a PS4? 

It's a game, you said it, back it.

Why is anyone who buys an X-Box 1 over Ps4 is a COMPLETE DUMB FUCK?

i can play your same game.. you are right.. I change my statement

If I buy an Xbox 1.. I will be a COMPLETE DUMB FUCK

All issues that have been brought forward affects me and most likely millions of others negatively. In purchasing an XBox One, I would be supporting all the decisions that this company has made. This leaves me with only one choice: The Ps4 @ $100 cheaper.

To those of you who this (somehow) has NO affect on, I would urge you to set your pride aside and look at how this affects others and not just yourself. You should demand for change or turn to Ps4. It's time for a Revolution

With X-Box you are supporting:

Ali* wrote:

TV crap, DRM, 24 hour Internet Connection Required, Used Game Restricitions, Hard Drive that isn't removable, Region locked, Kinect being mandatory, £429 price tag.

Last edited by GolbeZ on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 6:08 pm

Grumpy Cat
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 6:17 pm

As I can probably only afford 1 console (a Ps4) and also have to subject myself to the awfulness of playing Used Games. I am creating the

Help GolbeZ play X-Box Fundraiser

any donations will be helpful from my fellow X-boxer comrades.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 7:08 pm

Just some info from the past month leading up to release

One thing I noticed above all I that kinda bugs me is music, I play it on single player games or games that don't require a large amount of my attention or other times. PS4 won't you put in a cd, your mp3, whatever. If you want to listen to music while you play or any other time, you have to be a member of Sony's premium Music Unlimited service. Not a fan, I have music, I wouldn't pay again for the same music. Not cool.

Existing Headsets Will Not Work on PS4 at Launch - Kinda to be expected imo, but people go crazy over this stuff.

PS4 Patch Needed for Online Multiplayer | Voice Commands | Party Chat - also expected, the hardware is built, the software will be worked on for many years to come if the still unfinished and close to 9 year old PS4 and Xbox360 software give us any projection.

Sony Unloads Bad PS4 News | Stocks Tumble | DLNA | Planetside 2 Delayed - I'm sure they felt a lot different about their forecasting about 5 or 6 months ago.

PS4 Players Upset with 'Dedicated Servers' on Killzone Shadow Fall - Sony's exclusive multiplayer flagship won't have dedicated servers.  Only the scores will run through dedicated servers.  Everything else happens on the machine with a machine selected for host based on connection.  Interesting, different from the way sony has done things in the past.

PS4 NEWS: Sales Target / Recording HDMI Gameplay / Playstation App  

PS4 Price in Brazil Causes Outrage - Good ol capitalism.  If anyone should pay those prices it's Americans.

Top PS4 Features

PS4 Games Available At Launch (Full List - Exclusives / Indies / Third Party
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Ubisoft Follows EA, Kills Online Pass Program. Also says "Players will wany always online games"   Playstation 4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 8:26 pm

Developer of Far Cry, Assassins Creed, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rocksmith, Rayman, South Park, Splinter Cell, Rainbow 6, Ghost Recon, and Trials among other series said they are removing their online pass and that gamers will demand always online titles sales will show.

Ubisoft Follows EA, Kills Online Pass Program - I cannot complain.

Ubisoft: Gamers Will Want Always Online Games

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 7:32 pm

Looks like it's already begun.

Some PS4 users have experienced.......... THE RED LINE OF DEATH

A red line replaces the normal white line, and within 30 minutes, the PS4 has a critical shutdown, or something like that.

As noted, things like this is why I'm getting PS4 and Xbox One version 2.0 or newer, not the launch hardware.

Sony told IGN 0.4% of shipped PS4's were having problems, this was said yesterday.  

Could be firmware, software or hardware.  PS4 launched with a firmware update, but EA believes it has compromised system stability.

I bet Xbox One goes through the same thing.

More to come....
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 6:07 pm

Quote :

http://www.geek.com/games/bricked-ps4-reports-are-very-real-no-replacements-available-for-months-1577464/

Bricked PS4 reports are very real, no replacements available for months

Games By Russell Holly Nov. 17, 2013 9:01 am
Playstation 4 - Page 4 PS4_stock-590x330There are a lot of very unhappy PS4 owners right now, as reports of bricked consoles and no available replacements come in from all over the web.

After months of teasers, garnering a never-ending army of fans eager to stand up for their chosen console, the Sony PlayStation 4 is here. Many sat out for hours, waiting for stores to open, while others sat by the front door waiting for the delivery truck. Users from all over the world fired up their consoles, selected their first next-gen title, and sat in confusion as the console responded by shutting down and never turning back on. PS4′s appear to be bricking left and right, with the worst possible news about the prospect of a replacement unit.

There are currently several issues that appear to be plaguing early PS4 owners. The most common appears to be a blue pulsing light, signaling that the console is failing to boot all the way. Gamers users have found ways to resolve this issue by checking the cables, but most have found their console bricked entirely with no way to resolve this issue. This pulsing light occurs at random times as well. Others found the issue out of the box, where others found the issue after hours of gameplay that was otherwise uninterrupted and flawless. Calling Sony support with this issue will result in some brief technical support attempts followed by instructions to wait for a return box for a replacement unit.

Playstation 4 - Page 4 Dab4edadd10b8fae28ecc798237e7623

Overheating is a less common issue, but reports confirm that the issue exists. The glowing line on the console glows red, and it can take up to 20 minutes before the console is playable again. There doesn’t appear to be any one thing, like playing a certain game for a specific amount of time, that triggers this event. The seemingly random nature is a little concerning, and if you call Sony with this issue you’ll be offered the ability to exchange the console for a new one.

Finally, there have been reports of HDMI issues for the PlayStation 4 that seem to be mostly resolvable by the user. Some claim to find debris or blockages in the PS4 HDMI port, and clearing this debris resolves most issues. If you find yourself struggling to insert the HDMI cable, it’s best to not force the connector. There have been some reports of faulty HDMI ports, but it is unclear whether or not these issues are related.

Regardless of why any PS4 is experiencing issues, Sony is currently telling customers that new units won’t be available until February. If you purchased your console through retail locations like Best Buy and GameStop, and you purchased one of the added warranties sold by those locations, you stand a better chance of getting a replacement console earlier. Amazon is currently telling customers that replacement consoles could be available in January, which is only slightly better.

As the 1-star Amazon reviews pile up, it’s still unclear how many of these consoles are affected — and it’s highly unlikely that Sony will release those numbers. If you are one of the unlucky ones with a broken console you appear to be stuck for a while.
If your PS4 bricked, you might have to wait until February?  That's gotta suck.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 2:56 pm

PS4 Failure Rate Nears 1% As More Foxconn Allegations Surface

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/PS4-Failure-Rate-Nears-1-More-Foxconn-Allegations-Surface-60671-p2.html

The PS4 was once labeled as having a failure rate of just 0.4%. That was a week ago. One week later and the system now has a failure rate of just under 1%. With more than a million units shipped in North America, that brings the tally of defective units close to 10,000.

The failure rate update comes courtesy of The Washington Post, where Sony representative Dan Race told them that the PS4's failure rate was just under 1% and that the console's hiccups are...

Quote :
"...within the expected range for a new product introduction." … "There have been several issues reported, which leads us to believe there isn't a singular problem that could impact a broader percentage of PS4 units,"

"We understand the frustration of consumers that have had a problem and are working with them and our retail partners to help troubleshoot issues and ensure affected units are exchanged,"
While 1% is still better than the Xbox 360's RROD issue that saw a launch of 3% failure rate right off the bat, it still leaves some gamers to believe that many of the defective units – arriving dead at the homes of Amazon purchasers – is Sony's fault. Additionally, some believe that the system is just built with defective parts, similar to the Xbox 360's RROD issue. However, only a small percentage of individuals out of the million units that have shipped have publicly voiced their problems with the PS4, mostly with disgruntled one-star reviews on Amazon. Some blamed Sony for not being more thorough with their second and third tier quality assurance testing, similar to what Apple does, which is how they weeded out more than 5 million faulty units they eventually had sent back to Foxconn, as reported by The Consumerist.

While Sony is desperately trying to fix the problem with the PS4s, there's another side to the blame coin.

There are running rumors of worker sabotage on the assembly line. This has taken on a life of its own but hasn't really reared any reasonable forms of information from official sources. The closest bit of information we've had from Sony regarding the matter was reported by PS4 Daily, where Shuhei Yoshida, Sony's worldwide studio boss, simply said that...

Quote :
“Be assured we are investigating reported PS4 issues. The number is very small compared to shipped, we believe they are isolated incidents.”
Across majority of the forum threads and aggregators, many gamers have become equally dismissive of any foul play on the assembly lines. It's not hard to see the word “sabotage” and think “tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist!”. But at the same time, a lot of these allegations are fueled from some disturbing instances that have occurred over the past couple of months at the Foxconn plants where the PlayStation 4 is being assembled.

Workers lacing a batch of the thermal paste with trace amounts of lead has been scoffed at, just the same as students “spitting on the motherboard” was labeled as ludicrous.

However, Foxconn has a deal with the local school districts to recruit and use the students on assembly lines, gluing together parts and even running inspection of finished products, as reported by Quartz. Foxconn is now using a referral program, paying schools to solicit their students to become a part of their work force because workers wise to Foxconn's schemes have decided to avoid the company.

Foxconn's school solicitation was further corroborated by a student intern who briefly worked at the Yantai factory in China, between August and September of this year, where he mentioned that teachers were under immense duress to get students to voluntarily sign up and work for Foxconn during their high-production periods. Of course, students can decline to work at Foxconn, but they lose credits necessary to graduate and don't receive their diploma.

If you're thinking that many of these students are required to get internships at these businesses because they're going into the field of electronics and manufacturing, think again. As reported by the Huffington Post (amongst countless others), many students who have no interest or long-term educational goals in the electronics field are still coerced into working the assembly line at Foxconn. Apparently applying thermal paste to the APU on a motherboard is equivalent to maintaining the books as a financial accountant.

Funnily enough, Boraid had previously reported that Foxconn was suffering a “Prisoner's Dilemma”, since workers no longer want to support the company for their inhumane mistreatment of employees. The shortage of workers has driven Foxconn to pillage the local schools for student interns – interns who work the same hours as the veteran workers, but at half or sometimes none of the standard wages.

Worse yet is that the students are subjected to harsh conditions, including working double 12 hour shifts with two hour breaks. Those on the Baidu forum and other social networks came forward to talk about just how harsh some of these conditions are, including standing for long hours of the day and sometimes bleeding from the cuts and scraps of working the assembly line all day.

Things continued to go downhill for some students, as it was noted by a floor manager in a Tiebu discussion that the conditions at Foxconn are especially hard on the young female interns; sometimes causing pre-menstral bleeding due to hard hours and stress of meeting production deadlines. These issues were escalated during late September, according to a former intern, since Sony had requested for Foxconn to ramp up production in order to meet the estimated holiday quotas.

Diary excerpts of a depressing nature surfaced on sites like Sina Finance, where you can read about what some of the daily routines were like for the 5,000 or so students who trudged through the 12 through 24 hour shifts; there were many reports of students fainting on the pipeline from a lack of rest, a lack of eating, were sick or were as “depressed" as the rainy "weather”.

If that wasn't bad enough, there were multiple reports of some of the female interns being raped on site at the Foxconn plant, as outlined in a horrifyingly detailed article on Games QQ from back in October. Of course, the hospitals downplayed the rape incidents to the local police as just “rumors”.

A Foxconn employee recently tried to calm the masses by saying that very few of the PS4 units fail to pass inspection and that he hasn't encountered any foul play at the Yantai plant in China, and tried dismissing any claims of sabotage or intern upheaval.

Right now there's just the words of tetchy students who have been put through some unpleasant ordeals while supposedly becoming “educated” in a real world working environment, and the loose language of corporate overseers trying to make this all go away.

On the upside, there are only 10% of Xbox One units being made at Foxconn, as reported by Digitimes.

If what Electronic Arts says is true about Sony and Microsoft shipping 10 million units by March, 2014, then that would mean that out of the 5 million or so Xbox One SKUs shipped within the quarter, more than 500,000 units are still in the hands of mistreated Foxconn interns.

I guess we'll find out if Microsoft suffers the same fate as Sony when the console launches this weekend. I, at least, have to give Microsoft credit for offloading majority of their load to Flextronics, as opposed to putting the brunt of their production needs (and money) into the hands Foxconn. It's not perfect, but it's a step in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:57 pm

Globez, Ali, Cu Bu, MMAeyes? Do you guys have a ps4? If you do, what do you like best about it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 4   Playstation 4 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Playstation 4
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4