Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC on Fuel 9 adds Couture-Pearson, Mitrione-De Fries, Alloway-LaFlare

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

UFC on Fuel 9 adds Couture-Pearson, Mitrione-De Fries, Alloway-LaFlare Empty
PostSubject: UFC on Fuel 9 adds Couture-Pearson, Mitrione-De Fries, Alloway-LaFlare   UFC on Fuel 9 adds Couture-Pearson, Mitrione-De Fries, Alloway-LaFlare EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:28 am

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/02/ufc-on-fuel-tv-9-adds-mitrione-de-fries-couture-pearson-alloway-laflare

Quote :
A trio of bouts have been announced for April's UFC on FUEL TV 9 event in Sweden as the card continues to round itself out.

Matt Mitrione (5-2 MMA, 5-2 UFC) meets Philip De Fries (9-2 MMA, 2-2 UFC) in a heavyweight bout; Ryan Couture (6-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) makes his UFC debut against Ross Pearson (14-6 MMA, 6-3 UFC) at lightweight; and Ben Alloway (13-3 MMA, 1-0 UFC) takes on promotional newcomer Ryan LaFlare (7-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) at welterweight. UFC officials on Saturday announced the matchups.

Ryan gonna get beat up. I hope his dad's not in the corner to watch
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fuel 9 adds Couture-Pearson, Mitrione-De Fries, Alloway-LaFlare   UFC on Fuel 9 adds Couture-Pearson, Mitrione-De Fries, Alloway-LaFlare EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 2:51 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/02/ufc-on-fuel-tv-9-adds-mitrione-de-fries-couture-pearson-alloway-laflare

Quote :
A trio of bouts have been announced for April's UFC on FUEL TV 9 event in Sweden as the card continues to round itself out.

Matt Mitrione (5-2 MMA, 5-2 UFC) meets Philip De Fries (9-2 MMA, 2-2 UFC) in a heavyweight bout; Ryan Couture (6-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) makes his UFC debut against Ross Pearson (14-6 MMA, 6-3 UFC) at lightweight; and Ben Alloway (13-3 MMA, 1-0 UFC) takes on promotional newcomer Ryan LaFlare (7-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) at welterweight. UFC officials on Saturday announced the matchups.

Ryan gonna get beat up. I hope his dad's not in the corner to watch

Dana's already said Randy is banned from being in Ryan's corner.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fuel 9 adds Couture-Pearson, Mitrione-De Fries, Alloway-LaFlare   UFC on Fuel 9 adds Couture-Pearson, Mitrione-De Fries, Alloway-LaFlare EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 3:00 pm

He can't really do that though
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fuel 9 adds Couture-Pearson, Mitrione-De Fries, Alloway-LaFlare   UFC on Fuel 9 adds Couture-Pearson, Mitrione-De Fries, Alloway-LaFlare EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 3:02 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
He can't really do that though

I am pretty sure Dana has enough power to do that.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fuel 9 adds Couture-Pearson, Mitrione-De Fries, Alloway-LaFlare   UFC on Fuel 9 adds Couture-Pearson, Mitrione-De Fries, Alloway-LaFlare EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 3:06 pm

Getting licensed as a corner man is a state commission issue. Even Frank Shamrock has cornered guys at UFC events
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fuel 9 adds Couture-Pearson, Mitrione-De Fries, Alloway-LaFlare   UFC on Fuel 9 adds Couture-Pearson, Mitrione-De Fries, Alloway-LaFlare EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 3:06 pm

Quote :
"After I talked to you guys, I called Ryan Couture, and I said, 'Ryan, let me put it to you this way: This is probably going to be the weirdest conversation you're ever going to have with me,'" White said. "'You signed a deal with us to fight in the UFC. I want you here if you want to be here, but I need you to understand this: Me and your dad are not good. Me and your dad are never going to be good – ever, ever again as long as I walk this f---ing planet. I know he's your dad, and I don't want to – you know, I'm calling you up telling you how much I don't like your father. But if you want to leave the UFC' – because he's not cornering him; Randy Couture can't buy a ticket to this motherf---ing event, OK? So I said, 'He's not going to be around, and I just want to be up front with you. You know how I am. I want to be honest, and I want to be up front. If you want me to release you from your contract so you can go do a deal with Bellator and have your dad and maybe work with him and do whatever, I would do that for you, too.'

"He said to me, 'Every kid who's ever strapped on a pair of gloves is dreaming about fighting in the UFC. If they say they're not, they're either lying or they're stupid. This is my dream. I want to be with you guys. Listen, he's my dad, and he's always going to be my dad, but this is where I want to be. I've worked my ass off to get here.'

"I said, 'Well let me tell you this: This is your house. Don't ever feel like it's not. Don't ever feel like if you walk down the hallway at our show that you're not part of this team and part of this family. I'm honored that you said that, and bro, we're happy to have you.' I just felt like that was something that I had to do. I had to talk to him. The kid's either with us or he's not. And I don't mean him. I mean I want him to feel like if he stays with us, he's with us. There's no hard feelings for him because of what's going on with me and Randy or anything like that. I just wanted to reach out and make him feel comfortable if he wanted to stay, and I wanted to give him the option if he wanted to go with his dad, too. I didn't want him to be in some situation where it's like, 'Now these guys get in a fight with my dad, and I'm stuck in this contract with them.' You know what I mean?"

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/02/dana-white-outlines-randy-couture-issue-says-ryan-couture-will-fight-for-ufc
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fuel 9 adds Couture-Pearson, Mitrione-De Fries, Alloway-LaFlare   UFC on Fuel 9 adds Couture-Pearson, Mitrione-De Fries, Alloway-LaFlare EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 4:59 pm

Doesn't matter what Dana says...he can't stop people from cornering fighters..that's the athletic commission decision. The only thing Zuffa can do is blur out or try to not film Randy on the broadcast...which they have done to different fighters in the past.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fuel 9 adds Couture-Pearson, Mitrione-De Fries, Alloway-LaFlare   UFC on Fuel 9 adds Couture-Pearson, Mitrione-De Fries, Alloway-LaFlare EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:37 pm

I think Dana is just assuming Randy won't show his face at a UFC event. If he believes his rants about Randy "The Man" then he's probably counting on it.

Honestly, i think it's more that Dana told Ryan that he isnt to have Randy in his corner more so than it's something he can legally enforce. Ryan has fought a lot of his fights without Randy in his actual corner as a coach. So, probably not looking to piss off Dana by saying "well, i need him". It's clear Dana gave him an us or him choice...even though Dana worded it like he didnt threaten Ryan.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fuel 9 adds Couture-Pearson, Mitrione-De Fries, Alloway-LaFlare   UFC on Fuel 9 adds Couture-Pearson, Mitrione-De Fries, Alloway-LaFlare Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC on Fuel 9 adds Couture-Pearson, Mitrione-De Fries, Alloway-LaFlare
Page 1 of 1