Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings Empty
PostSubject: UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings   UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:22 pm

From MMA H.E.A.T. Facebook-

Dana White just announced the UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings. 90 members of the media will receive invitations today to participate.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings   UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:38 pm

I'm so glad this is true.

I've been advocating implementing a system
such as this for years. This exceeds what I've wanted them to do on
multiple levels.

Choosing a third party manager eases concerns over bias and tempering somewhat.

That Fight Metric, an established and well known MMA statistical site, is the manager is reassuring.

Most
importantly is the statement that 90 media outlets will be invited to
participate. That is big, it goes a long way towards standardizing the
cumulative results of the rankings. Just two weeks ago we were able to
see how Sherdog having Mike Russow at #10 in the HW division was able to
skew the SB nation top 25 HW rankings since most didn't have him at
all. The more contributions, the less anomalies and outliers.

Very good business I think, even if Dana say's he's still gonna book what people want to see($>merit).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings   UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:41 pm

This is big news. Big enough for the return of the Ninja's Place Official MMA Rank Everybodies.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings   UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:52 pm

My hope is that all the votes from media outlets are made public on Fightmetric so that it is fully legit.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings   UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:55 pm

I wonder if I'll get one of the 90 votes. I do have a pretty accurate ranking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings   UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:21 pm

Ninja's Place should get one of the invites.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings   UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:36 pm

That is why the rankings are coming back. Pretty Def forsure sure we're in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings   UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:03 am

From 1:55 onwards-

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings   UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:15 am

I've read a decent number of well known MMA journalists already say they won't be participating in this because they believe its a conflict of interests and unethical. I'm surprised they set the number so high
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings   UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC is partnering with Fight Metrics to have official UFC Fighter Rankings
Page 1 of 1