Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DB Clothing Company HTFU canceled Rick Hawn sponsership check after Bellator 85 fight

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

DB Clothing Company HTFU canceled Rick Hawn sponsership check after Bellator 85 fight Empty
PostSubject: DB Clothing Company HTFU canceled Rick Hawn sponsership check after Bellator 85 fight   DB Clothing Company HTFU canceled Rick Hawn sponsership check after Bellator 85 fight EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 2:16 pm

http://www.cagepotato.com/one-of-rick-hawns-sponsors-just-pulled-the-mother-of-all-scumbag-moves/
Rick Hawn‘s lightweight title challenge against Michael Chandler last week at Bellator 85 didn’t
go so well. Chandler was able to put the decorated judoka on his back
with relative ease, before finishing him with a rear-naked choke in
round two. But as disappointing as the loss was for Hawn, it paled in
comparison to what came next. As Hawn revealed on twitter last night,
“one of my main sponsors from my fight canceled his check cuz he wasnt
happy with the outcome or my performance…A lawsuit is pending so I
cannot comment on who it is just yet but stay tuned.”

I think we can all agree that a company that stiffs one of its
sponsored MMA fighters because he lost should be immediately banned from
the sport. But what makes this story sink to another level of
scumbaggery is that the sponsor is actually defending the non-payment as a wise business decision. Here’s what the still-unnamed floor-turd had to say in an e-mail purportedly sent to our old friend Mike Russell:

At this point, a stop payment has been placed on check which
cannot be cashed or deposited now. I will not comment on Rick and his
fight. That is not my place. But what I will tell you is this: I took a
huge chance with him. TV exposure was great…but it only holds weight if
he wins or puts on a good show. Neither happened. At the end of the
day…not one sole (sp) will run to [my] store and buy product because
they [saw my logo and saw] Rick loose (sp) the fight. I’ve made it my
career and business to know what nets a return on investment for the
brand…and this is the number 1 reason why I DO NOT hand out money or
product to fighters
.”

Man, this is not going to end well for this douche. To this point,
Rick and Mike haven’t revealed who the sponsor is, or even hinted at his
identity — a wise move, from a legal standpoint. But if you cruise
through the UG thread, you’ll see that by about page 6, the UG’s keyboard-detectives have made a pretty compelling case about who it might be.

With the shitstorm-clouds gathering, the sponsor is now looking to do
some damage control. “We got a text telling us that he would pay up
last night if we apologized and Rick took down his Twitter post,” Mike wrote. At this point, Hawn has no intention of apologizing. We’ll update you when the sponsor is officially outed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

DB Clothing Company HTFU canceled Rick Hawn sponsership check after Bellator 85 fight Empty
PostSubject: Re: DB Clothing Company HTFU canceled Rick Hawn sponsership check after Bellator 85 fight   DB Clothing Company HTFU canceled Rick Hawn sponsership check after Bellator 85 fight EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Damn that's fucked up. So you wanted to cash in on him potentially winning but without the risk of him losing? Hope his business goes under.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: DB Clothing Company HTFU canceled Rick Hawn sponsership check after Bellator 85 fight   DB Clothing Company HTFU canceled Rick Hawn sponsership check after Bellator 85 fight EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 2:32 pm

From the UG thread

LilHeathen

30 DB Clothing Company HTFU canceled Rick Hawn sponsership check after Bellator 85 fight Arrow_up

DB Clothing Company HTFU canceled Rick Hawn sponsership check after Bellator 85 fight Private-message
DB Clothing Company HTFU canceled Rick Hawn sponsership check after Bellator 85 fight Comment-add

Posted: 59 minutes ago

Quote :
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -

What's really fucked up about this is that Rick didn't even lose THAT
bad, that was like an average loss. Htfu also sponsors Jeremy Stephens, I
wonder if they gave him trouble when he lost his last fight.
DB Clothing Company HTFU canceled Rick Hawn sponsership check after Bellator 85 fight Droid

NO!!!! He does NOT sponsor me and never did!

He was "supposed" to but he canceled after the pictures, social media
post, etc. Why? Because not enough was posted about him on
twitter/facebook and a picture posted of the fight worn UFC shorts,
which he couldn't sponsor because he wouldn't pay the sponsor tax... OR
PAY ANYONE AT ALL! So it was just a waste of time because we waited for a
long time for that money to come through (when it was needed big time).

He has been asked over and over to take the pictures down and he
refuses to. He likes to argue really bad so it's a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: DB Clothing Company HTFU canceled Rick Hawn sponsership check after Bellator 85 fight   DB Clothing Company HTFU canceled Rick Hawn sponsership check after Bellator 85 fight EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 8:48 pm

Heard about this last night. Total bullshit. I can't see how this guy thinks he can have a case that he can simply not pay Rick Hawn.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: DB Clothing Company HTFU canceled Rick Hawn sponsership check after Bellator 85 fight   DB Clothing Company HTFU canceled Rick Hawn sponsership check after Bellator 85 fight EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 8:54 pm

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/1/22/3904148/sponsor-agrees-to-pay-bellators-rick-hawn-after-initially-stopping

Hawn got paid.

I'm thinking the sponser didnt think it would get as much pub as it did, and i'm also thinking that since Hawn has more than one sponser, he though people wouldnt be able to or wouldnt bother to connect the dots and find out who the scumbag is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DB Clothing Company HTFU canceled Rick Hawn sponsership check after Bellator 85 fight   DB Clothing Company HTFU canceled Rick Hawn sponsership check after Bellator 85 fight Empty

Back to top Go down

DB Clothing Company HTFU canceled Rick Hawn sponsership check after Bellator 85 fight
Page 1 of 1