Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who wins? UFC Fox 6

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Who wins? UFC Fox 6
Johnson, Pettis, Glover
Who wins? UFC Fox 6 Vote_lcap43%Who wins? UFC Fox 6 Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Johnson, Pettis, Rampage
Who wins? UFC Fox 6 Vote_lcap14%Who wins? UFC Fox 6 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Johnson, Cowboy, Glover
Who wins? UFC Fox 6 Vote_lcap14%Who wins? UFC Fox 6 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Johnson, Cowboy, Rampage
Who wins? UFC Fox 6 Vote_lcap0%Who wins? UFC Fox 6 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Dodson, Pettis, Glover
Who wins? UFC Fox 6 Vote_lcap29%Who wins? UFC Fox 6 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Dodson, Pettis, Rampage
 0% [ 0 ]
Dodson, Cowboy, Glover
 0% [ 0 ]
Dodson, Cowboy, Rampage
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Who wins? UFC Fox 6 Empty
PostSubject: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:10 pm

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:11 pm

Picking Mouse, Pettis and Glover. But I'm torn on who I want to win Rampage/Glover. I want to see Rampage give Dana the big middle finger but I want to see Glover get closer to a title shot.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:20 pm

Mouse, Showtime and Glover.

I can't wait to watch Glover give Page the beating he deserves.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:22 pm

Ali* wrote:

There are alot of people out there hoping that Rampage gets taken down for 3 rounds just to piss him off. I don't understand why Rampage has become so hated. Chael Sonnen gains fans while Rampage is losing them. Makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:26 pm

Page derails the glover train on the way out. Showtime stops cowboy in the 3rd. Might mouse wins a decision.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:27 pm

OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

There are alot of people out there hoping that Rampage gets taken down for 3 rounds just to piss him off. I don't understand why Rampage has become so hated. Chael Sonnen gains fans while Rampage is losing them. Makes no sense.

Are you actually being serious OU ? Have you missed Page's constant whinning he's been doing for the past couple years ? Of course there's also the lack of effort he's been putting into training camps, performances and sometimes Quinton didn't even bother to make weight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:30 pm

Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

Are you actually being serious OU ? Have you missed Page's constant whinning he's been doing for the past couple years ? Of course there's also the lack of effort he's been putting into training camps, performances and sometimes Quinton didn't even bother to make weight.
It hasn't been that bad. Zuffa deserves most shit talked about them, they are still dicking around fighters. Rampage speaks his mind. If you want to reference anything I would prefer you say something about his in the cage passion lacking. Not speaking his mind.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:32 pm

OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

It hasn't been that bad. Zuffa deserves most shit talked about them, they are still dicking around fighters. Rampage speaks his mind. If you want to reference anything I would prefer you say something about his in the cage passion lacking. Not speaking his mind.

Speaking his mind is part of the problem though, Page can come across like a spoilt little child. The Ryan Bader fight showed me that Page basically doesn't give a fuck anymore, he begged for a spot on the Japan card and he couldn't even be bothered to make the limit.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 7:38 pm

I got the magician with the big win on Fox
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 12:00 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:23 pm

OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

Quote :
"It should be called the illegal kick, I thought that move was illegal." Jackson said.

"I think it should be banned and it shows a lot about the fighters character. How would he like it if you kicked his knee and he can't work for a year or two years.

"I thought it was an illegal move, but I trained for it because the referees don't want to stop it.

"I think the spinning elbows should be banned too because they land on the back of the head."

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/189564.html
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:34 pm

I don't agree with all that but I get where he might be coming from if he is worried about fighters knees being blown up, not gonna hate for it though, it's his opinion and he has no fear expressing it.

Rampage will always have a fan in me. He warrants a certain level of criticism, but it's not enough to make me turn around. The way he talks now is no different then he ever has, it has always been kinda crazy and out there but no question about it, genuine in the Rampage way. If his abilities decline that's too bad but it happens. If I stopped being a fan because he doesn't win as much today as he did in the past, then I was never a true fan to begin with.

I think Glover will beat him and am picking that way, but WAR Mother Fucking RAMPAGE!!!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:53 pm

Who wins? UFC Fox 6 Knee

This is traditionally illegal in Muy Thai, telling at all?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:59 pm

Should absolutely be illegal IMO. Knee injuries are career threatening for athletes. NFL even made the rule for QBs and low hits.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:03 pm

Why should that be illegal? Knee bars and armbars attack the joint the same way. I was taught that kick when I trained.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:05 pm

You can tap out to submission hold before they destroy your ligaments. Throwing a teep at a knee doesn't seem like a push at all.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:06 pm

Did we have a thread about this before, could of swore we did. This is not the first time someone has brought it up though either way.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:13 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
You can tap out to submission hold before they destroy your ligaments. Throwing a teep at a knee doesn't seem like a push at all.
Exactly, you can tap out to a hold. It's different when it's an instant strike. Especially like the one in that gif where he is coming forward. It's not the same as a knee bar, not even close.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:20 pm

It's forcing your knee the wrong direction. Apparently it isn't very effective because we haven't seen it actually do major damage.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:25 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
It's forcing your knee the wrong direction. Apparently it isn't very effective because we haven't seen it actually do major damage.
Not yet. All it takes is a Roy Williams breaking TO's leg or Tom Brady blown out knee kind of moment to get a rule made. If that happens to GSP and he seriously injures his knee? Bet your ass Zuffa jumps up then.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:27 pm

I can only think of four fighters that I have ever seen do it in the UFC.

Rampages beef with the kicks is fully legitimate, unlike the spinning elbow beef. Muy Thai is all strikes and that is specifically a rule. Direct Attacks to the Knee are illegal and unsporting.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:31 pm

What about punches to the knee? Should that be illegal too. What about belly down arm bars? No time to tap when all that weight is on your arm.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:36 pm

wawa wa what about groin kicks and eye gouging ??/
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:43 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
wawa wa what about groin kicks and eye gouging ??/
what no purple nurples? no wet willys? no Indian rug burns? no mad mamma ear pulling?
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:37 pm

Rampage playing a PSP at the conference.

Who wins? UFC Fox 6 1d1e917c665d11e2bbe622000a9f1270_7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who wins? UFC Fox 6   Who wins? UFC Fox 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who wins? UFC Fox 6
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next