Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete Empty
PostSubject: ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete   ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 11:24 pm

Anderson Silva got voted the greatest ever MMA fighter and goes up against Michael Phelps in the next round.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete   ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:13 am

Deon, Bo, and Hershal.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete   ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 6:24 am

they will convieniently ignore the confirmed failed drug test and other suspiscious urine samples and give it to carl lewis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete   ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 7:19 am

cheekynffc wrote:
they will convieniently ignore the confirmed failed drug test and other suspiscious urine samples and give it to carl lewis.

I don't think he'll win it. I think Michael Jordan does.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete   ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 8:08 am

freakzilla wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

basketball is for gays and girls,

as such, basketball players can't qualify.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete   ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 10:28 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Deon, Bo, and Hershal.
Exactly the 3 that came to my mind. Same 3 that came up when this was brought up a couple months ago.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete   ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 10:28 am

cheekynffc wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

basketball is for gays and girls

Says the soccer fan.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete   ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 11:56 am

OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

Says the soccer fan.

that's right bi-arch
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete   ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:11 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

Says the soccer fan.

that's right bi-arch
I like soccer alot more then most Americans. I played it from the age of 4 until I was 17. I played for traveling leagues, played varsity in high school. I enjoy soccer.
But you are an ignorant little man if you hate on basketball. Great sport.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete   ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:37 pm

OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

Says the soccer fan.

that's right bi-arch
I like soccer alot more then most Americans. I played it from the age of 4 until I was 17. I played for traveling leagues, played varsity in high school. I enjoy soccer.

not interested in basketball.

i've tried to watch it but nothing happens with any sense of urgency until the last few minutes, unless one team has a big lead, then nothing happens at all.

i know a lot of football (i'm not going to call it soccer) matches can be like that, but goals are much harder to score than baskets so we celebrate them more emphatically.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete   ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:42 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:

Says the soccer fan.

that's right bi-arch

not interested in basketball.

i've tried to watch it but nothing happens with any sense of urgency until the last few minutes, unless one team has a big lead, then nothing happens at all.

i know a lot of football (i'm not going to call it soccer) matches can be like that, but goals are much harder to score than baskets so we celebrate them more emphatically.
NBA season is very long(82 games). A majority of the NBA regular season games can be kind of dull. But you have a few, especially down the stretch that are great. Then you get into the playoffs and things go to a new level. Watching two talented teams go at it is very entertaining. One of my favorite sports to watch. The game changes when you get to the 4th quarter of a tight playoff game. Every possession matters and super stars are born.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete   ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:50 pm

yeah, i think the long seasons in basketball, baseball and ice hockey don't help (though i used to quite like ice hockey when they showed it over here)

off on a bit of a tangent but i was always amazed ice hockey players could play so many games in a season considering how violent that game can be, and half the fuckers play till 40.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete   ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Deon, Bo, and Hershal.
Back on topic. These 3 men are in a league of there own for me. Freaks of nature.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete   ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:50 pm

OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Deon, Bo, and Hershal.
Back on topic. These 3 men are in a league of there own for me. Freaks of nature.

I think its safe to ad Lebron James to the list too. He's much bigger than all 3 of the listed above yet can move and leap on the same level as them.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete   ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:57 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Deon, Bo, and Hershal.

I think its safe to ad Lebron James to the list too. He's much bigger than all 3 of the listed above yet can move and leap on the same level as them.
Could LeBron really play another sport though? It was fun to throw around the TE senario, but I don't think he has the toughness to do that. Not in the NFL. Plus Bo and Walker would still fuck LeBron up even if he is bigger. Dieon is finesse so he doesn't count. I think Adrian Peterson is every bit the freak athlete LeBron is. Yeah I went all Homer Pimpson on you.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete   ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:30 pm

Peterson is up there too. Probably in tier 2 from these guys.

Bron without a doubt in my mind could be one of the greatest tight ends of all time. He'd run laps around Jimmy and Gronk.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete   ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:39 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Peterson is up there too. Probably in tier 2 from these guys.

Bron without a doubt in my mind could be one of the greatest tight ends of all time. He'd run laps around Jimmy and Gronk.
I disagree, I don't see LeBron as the kind of big TE that can take a hit and keep on going. I can't see him in freezing weather out there on the gridiron. You have to be more then a great athlete to make a difference, you have to be tough to be a TE in the NFL. Alot of NBA guys are way to soft to play in the NFL. Great athletes don't get me wrong. But not every baller is Tony G or even your boy Marcellus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete   ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 4:03 pm

Who was voted the greatest boxer ?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete   ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 4:05 pm

Ali wrote:
Pretty sure it was Ali. Remember public votes are just a popularity contest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete   ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 4:13 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Not surprised or annoyed, back when he was Cassius Clay he was a ridiculous athlete.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete   ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 4:14 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Not surprised or annoyed, back when he was Cassius Clay he was a ridiculous athlete.
He won some of the highest profile fights ever. He was the man at boxing peak. Legend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete   ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 8:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete   ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete Empty

Back to top Go down

ESPN's Greatest Ever Athlete
Page 1 of 1