Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kent St vs North Illinois....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Kent St vs North Illinois.... Empty
PostSubject: Kent St vs North Illinois....   Kent St vs North Illinois.... EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 10:58 pm

anyone watch that game?

I was half watching for a while and got into it late in the 4th. Fun stuff. Good comeback by Kent, but NI looked like the better team. Their QB was a nifty, smart runner.

And of coarse the major ramifications that come with Kent losing. I'm looking at u OU.

But major sidenote, in that today, the day after NI wins it's 2nd MAC title in a row, their coach skips town to go to NC State. These coaches have no scrupples. I mean why can't he just say, "I'll talk to u after the bowl game".

Though not as brutal, this is reminiscant of Kelly leaving an undefeated Cincy team to go fend for itself against a mighty Fl team, who proceeded to slap the bearcats down.

Again. These coaches? Hardly providing a role model worth aspiring too.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Kent St vs North Illinois....   Kent St vs North Illinois.... EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 11:11 pm

Why do they need to be a role model. If you're the new school why the hell would you wait around when its time to recruit and rebuild a down program. If the smaller schools don't want coaches to leave then pay more money.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Kent St vs North Illinois....   Kent St vs North Illinois.... EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:05 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Why do they need to be a role model. If you're the new school why the hell would you wait around when its time to recruit and rebuild a down program. If the smaller schools don't want coaches to leave then pay more money.

So u have no problem with a coach bailing on a team b4 it's bowl game? Fuck that. It's BS.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Kent St vs North Illinois....   Kent St vs North Illinois.... EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:07 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

So u have no problem with a coach bailing on a team b4 it's bowl game? Fuck that. It's BS.

Its the business. What if RU hires a new coach, but doesn't come until Jan. During Dec Rutgers loses 4 of their top recruits. Wouldn't you be pissed?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Kent St vs North Illinois....   Kent St vs North Illinois.... EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:50 pm

I watched the game and thought it was great. Both teams looked like top programs to me. Sucks their coach bailed on them. I think the days of names like Paterno, Bryant, Bowden, etc are over. No coach wants to build a powerhouse anymore. They would rather revamp a known name.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Kent St vs North Illinois....   Kent St vs North Illinois.... EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:22 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Its the business. What if RU hires a new coach, but doesn't come until Jan. During Dec Rutgers loses 4 of their top recruits. Wouldn't you be pissed?

A business in which coach's get rich and the unpaid players get screwed? Where a team bad enough that it has to fire it's coach can ruin the bowl experience of an actual good team just because it has more $$$? Hard to believe people defend these actions.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Kent St vs North Illinois....   Kent St vs North Illinois.... EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:29 pm

Nothing to defend. It's just how things work in fb and the world. I'm sure you'd leave your job for a promotion, more money, and something you enjoy more even if it means before you complete your current project.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Kent St vs North Illinois....   Kent St vs North Illinois.... EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:50 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Nothing to defend. It's just how things work in fb and the world. I'm sure you'd leave your job for a promotion, more money, and something you enjoy more even if it means before you complete your current project.

If it meant totally dicking my current employer, no I would not. If it is a situation where there is no rush, where there will be plenty of options out there after I do right by the KID'S I RECRUITED, no I would not.

Call me crazy but I don't put $$$ above my conscious.

It's how the world works? Sound more like it is why the world is fucked up.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Kent St vs North Illinois....   Kent St vs North Illinois.... EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 11:14 am

Well said Captain
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kent St vs North Illinois....   Kent St vs North Illinois.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Kent St vs North Illinois....
Page 1 of 1