Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

have you guys heard of a floatation tank?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

have you guys heard of a floatation tank? Empty
PostSubject: have you guys heard of a floatation tank?   have you guys heard of a floatation tank? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:18 pm

I was reading about it on another forum. At first I thought they were just talking about some kind of spa but then I started reading all the post. Then someone posted this Joe Rogan video. You guys aware of this? I'm sure some of you are.

Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: have you guys heard of a floatation tank?   have you guys heard of a floatation tank? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 11:24 pm

**Isolation**

And yeah I have heard of those. I would not get in one fucked up. Heard of a lot of people tripping aids in them puppies. I shall pass.

Seems like it would be up your alley though, OU. Unless you have anxiety issues.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: have you guys heard of a floatation tank?   have you guys heard of a floatation tank? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 2:54 am

The water is body temperature, zero exposed light, sound proof and most tanks have their own air being pumped in to remove smell. In theory you are suppose to lose all your senses.

I have always been interested in sensory deprivation, and how your body will compensate and heighten other senses. In this case you should have optimal problem solving or meditation/relaxation. Never been in one though so I can't say for sure.

There are restaurants that the wait staff is blind and you eat in pitch black. Only using touch, taste, and hearing.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: have you guys heard of a floatation tank?   have you guys heard of a floatation tank? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 9:59 am

jewzilla wrote:
**Isolation**

And yeah I have heard of those. I would not get in one fucked up. Heard of a lot of people tripping aids in them puppies. I shall pass.

Seems like it would be up your alley though, OU. Unless you have anxiety issues.

The Rogan video calls it a floatation tank. But yeah I'm sure they both mean the same thing. Also hell yeah I have way too much anxiety to deal with this. I wouldn't last 5 min in one of those things. The closest I will ever come to that kind of crazy is nearly passing out in the sauna while pulling weight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: have you guys heard of a floatation tank?   have you guys heard of a floatation tank? Empty

Back to top Go down

have you guys heard of a floatation tank?
Page 1 of 1