Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pointless Rankings

Go down 
+7
OU
Farmer1906
jewzilla
GolbeZ
KingsOwn19
Ali
Andrew the Raider King
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Pointless Rankings - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:01 pm

So beating Funch, Neer and Head is enough to crack the top ten but knocking out Koscheck isn't ? ok then.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:04 pm

Ali* wrote:
So beating Funch, Neer and Head is enough to crack the top ten but knocking out Koscheck isn't ? ok then.
It's more then just your last fight. Robbie is not a top 10 WW IMO, not even just UFC fighters. If I was ranking him I would have him below my boy Lima.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:05 pm

Ali* wrote:

Is that what it says?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:11 pm

OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
It's more then just your last fight. Robbie is not a top 10 WW IMO, not even just UFC fighters. If I was ranking him I would have him below my boy Lima.

Is Mike Pyle a top 10 WW in your opinion ?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:15 pm

Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

Borderline. Closer then Robbie is IMO. But I also think Mike Peirce should be higher and pretty equal with Pyle.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:17 pm

OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

Borderline. Closer then Robbie is IMO.

Robbie has a win over a previous top ten WW though Pyle hasn't beaten anyone as significant since his loss to MacDonald.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:20 pm

Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

Robbie has a win over a previous top ten WW though Pyle hasn't beaten anyone as significant since his loss to MacDonald.
1 win over a top 10 guy is not better then multiple wins over quality guys. Robbie would have been cut more then likely if he lost to Kos. If he lost that fight he wouldn't even get top 25 consideration. You are putting too much weight on 1 single fight IMO. I don't like to put a ton of weight on 1 single fight. Pyle was 3-0 with 3 finishes at WW in the UFC in 2012.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:22 pm

OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

1 win over a top 10 guy is not better then multiple wins over quality guys. Robbie would have been cut more then likely if he lost to Kos. If he lost that fight he wouldn't even get top 25 consideration. You are putting too much weight on 1 single fight IMO. I don't like to put a ton of weight on 1 single fight. Pyle was 3-0 with 3 finishes at WW in the UFC in 2012.

I should be putting weight on that win because Robbie beat a ranked guy, divisional rankings are about who you beat this isn't P4P.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:29 pm

Ali have you seen Mike Kyle fight before?
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:31 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Ali have you seen Mike Kyle fight before?

Yeah I've seen Mike Kyle fight before but I was curious as to why you have MIKE PYLE in your top ten ?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

I should be putting weight on that win because Robbie beat a ranked guy, divisional rankings are about who you beat this isn't P4P.
You don't have to beat a top 10 guy before you are allowed to be ranked in the top 10. Also beating a top 10 guy alone won't get you in the top 10. The fights that happened before that do matter. You are putting 100% of your ranking on 1 individual fight. That's not how it should be done. Mike Pyle has done much more at WW in the UFC recently to deserve a ranking.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:34 pm

I am not denying that you can build momentum and work your way into the rankings I just don't see anything in Pyle's recent run that's greater than Robbie knocking out one of the best welterweights out there.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:35 pm

Had to be asked, he's fought on the under card before. You have me convinced though that you're more into Robbie having a bigger name than what happens in the cage.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:36 pm

Pointless Rankings - Page 3 4381947_o Pointless Rankings - Page 3 142-Funch-Pyle-2 Pointless Rankings - Page 3 Tumblr_m5dg0miWmF1qfrkf9o1_500

What would anybody see in finishing ability through technique?
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:37 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Had to be asked, he's fought on the under card before. You have me convinced though that you're more into Robbie having a bigger name than what happens in the cage.

No I've been putting an emphasis on exactly what Robbie just did in the cage. You on the other hand choose to dance around the question instead of actually trying to debate the matter.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:39 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Ali* wrote:

Pyle ahead of Kampmann, TS, Lawler, Pierce, Koscheck and Woodley really ?

Is that what is says?

Where's your fucking answer pussy?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:41 pm

Ali* wrote:
I am not denying that you can build momentum and work your way into the rankings I just don't see anything in Pyle's recent run that's greater than Robbie knocking out one of the best welterweights out there.
In MMA anyone can be knocked out. We have seen before that Kos can be knocked out. That's why IMO you shouldn't put too much weight on that single win. Mike Pyle is on a 3 fight win streak with 3 straight finishes and is 6-2 since 2010 with his only 2 losses coming to guys currently ranked in the top 5 at WW.
I think overall Pyle has clearly done more to be ranked at WW. Like I said Robbie very well could have been cut if he lost to Kos.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:43 pm

OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
In MMA anyone can be knocked out. We have seen before that Kos can be knocked out. That's why IMO you shouldn't put too much weight on that single win. Mike Pyle is on a 3 fight win streak with 3 straight finishes and is 6-2 since 2010 with his only 2 losses coming to guys currently ranked in the top 5 at WW.
I think overall Pyle has clearly done more to be ranked at WW. Like I said Robbie very well could have been cut if he lost to Kos.

Now see that's a valid and reasonable argument I can respect and agree with, thanks for actually taking the time to debate the issue and and answer me OU.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:45 pm

Thanks for arguing what most of us already know OU.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:48 pm

Heavens forbid me for actually thinking this was a forum to discuss MMA, I must have missed the memo that stated everything GDP said was fact and final.

Pointless Rankings - Page 3 Mma-anderson_silva-upset35r_20120326_2070040009
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:50 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Ali* wrote:

Is that what is says?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 2:01 pm

Ali* wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
1 GSP
2 Hendricks
3 Ellenberger
4 Maia
5 Condit
6 MacDonald
7 Askren
8 Diaz
9 Pyle
10 Kampman
11 Scaffidine
12 Fitch
13 Lawler
14 Mein
15 Pierce
16 Koscheck
17 Kim
18 Woodley
19 Marquardt
20 Koreshkov

USA Today has Pyle ahead of Lawler and Woodley and 1 spot behind TS with no one you mentioned being that far from Pyle. Also check out my boy Lima getting love!
WELTERWEIGHT

Georges St-Pierre
Johny Hendricks
Jake Ellenberger
Carlos Condit
Nick Diaz
Rory MacDonald
Demian Maia
Ben Askren
Martin Kampmann
Jon Fitch
Josh Koscheck
Mike Pierce
Dong Hyun Kim
Tarec Saffiedine
Mike Pyle

Honorable mention: Andrey Koreshkov, Douglas Lima, Tyron Woodley
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/04/usa-today-sportsmmajunkie-com-mma-rankings-april-1-emanuel-newton-debuts
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:36 pm

As of today Robbie would whip Pyles ass.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:55 am

1 Jones
2 Machida
3 Gustafsson
4 Teixeria
5 Hendo
6 Rua
7 Bader
8 Mousasi
9 Rogerio
10 Evans

1 Barao
2 Cruz
3 McDonald
4 Fernandez
5 Faber
6 Dantes
7 Moreas
8 Wineland
8 Assucsano
10 Pickett
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Rankings   Pointless Rankings - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:01 pm

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/04/usa-today-sportsmmajunkie-com-mma-rankings-april-8-aoki-brandao-on-rise
Fight results

No. 13 Gegard Mousasi def. Ilir Latifi at UFC on FUEL TV 9
Lightweight: No. 11 Shinya Aoki def. Kotetsu Boku at ONE FC 8
Featherweight: No. 4 Pat Curran def. Shahbulat Shamhalaev at Bellator 95
Featherweight: Akira Corassani def. honorable mention Robbie Peralta at UFC on FUEL TV 9
Bantamweight: No. 7 Brad Pickett def. No. 14 Mike Easton at UFC on FUEL TV 9

HEAVYWEIGHT

Cain Velasquez
Junior dos Santos
Daniel Cormier
Alistair Overeem
Fabricio Werdum
Josh Barnett
Antonio Silva
Frank Mir
Roy Nelson
Mark Hunt