Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Obama Wins

Go down 
+5
Cu Bu
bobbitt15
GDPofDRC
KingsOwn19
Farmer1906
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:22 am

How the fuck does this happen? It blows my mind how unbelievably dumb people are.

Unemployment (true, not reported) is near 10%.

The debt is growing at an alarming rate with no signs if slowing down.

Obama didn't even bother to create a budget in his 4 years.

The energy plan is to invest in unproven and failing areas while ignoring oil and natural gas.

The economy is in the shitter and the plan to fix it is to print more money and give it to people and companies who have proven to fail more money to lose.

Don't even get me started on health care. Obama has pushed in a system that will weaken the medical field.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:50 am

Hard to beat incumbents...even shitty ones.

Well, unless Obama makes a drastic shift to the center the shit will get deeper. He might since the house is still red, he's a lame duck and he does not really have to worry about his base being happy. So i hold out hope for that and we can get some good bipartisan action but Obamacare isnt going anywhere unfortunately and thats a shit sandwich america is gonna have to eat for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:59 am

I think Obama goes the other direction. He has no more election to worry about. He doesnt gave to pander to "independants". He can be as liberal as he wants and spend whatever he pleases while continuing to avoid going through congress.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:19 am

I genuinely don't understand why people are so surprised. The strongest of convictions shouldn't of prevented people from understanding what was going to happen today. This was never a close race.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:23 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
I genuinely don't understand why people are so surprised. The strongest of convictions shouldn't of prevented people from understanding what was going to happen today. This was never a close race.

Of course it was. Polls were split down to the wire. Mittens is still winning the popular vote at this point.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:41 am

Republicans ran a garbage candidate against him. Not surprising at all
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:44 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Republicans ran a garbage candidate against him. Not surprising at all

Both times. I'm ready for Rubio/Cruz ticket in 2016.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:46 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

Of course it was. Polls were split down to the wire. Mittens is still winning the popular vote at this point.

I still stand by the claim, I understand why some people I know personally are surprised and it's not for any reason I have been persuaded is good or justifiable in their case.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:14 am

I am not surprised in the least, I know this may seem like poor sportsmanship but really what good is the electoral vote in todays day and age? Our government has the ability to tally votes and winner can be the popular vote.( I watched breaking bad instead of election last night so do not know who won popular yet)
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:17 am

Cu Bu wrote:
I am not surprised in the least, I know this may seem like poor sportsmanship but really what good is the electoral vote in todays day and age? Our government has the ability to tally votes and winner can be the popular vote.( I watched breaking bad instead of election last night so do not know who won popular yet)

I actually like the electoral college. If we turn to popular vote then it becomes about winning the 10-15 largest cities. Most cities are democrats. The country oves even more to the left.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:53 am

goldman sachs won the election, closely followed by goldman sachs in second place.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:54 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Cu Bu wrote:

I actually like the electoral college. If we turn to popular vote then it becomes about winning the 10-15 largest cities. Most cities are democrats. The country oves even more to the left.

I don't understand this at all. Popular vote was very close yet electoral vote was pretty one sided. Yet going popular moves the country even more to the left?

I was kind of hoping Mittens would win popular so that there would be a major uproar and a move to overturn current system.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:57 am

cheekynffc wrote:
goldman sachs won the election, closely followed by goldman sachs in second place.

Can't help but be very cynical when considering the amount of $$$ put into these campaigns. The recent "corporations are people" ruling exasperates the situation, but it was hard to swallow even b4 that ruling.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:04 am

I voted for Mitt.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:04 am

Think about this one. The federal government employees get money from the Obama administration then return the favor by donating it to Obama's reelection. It must be nice to print money for your reelection.

Its like alright everyone gets a 5% raise this year instead of a 3% raise but 1% needs to be donated to Obama for reelection. Hooray big gov.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:05 am

OU wrote:
I voted for Mitt.

Oklahoma did the right thing.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:05 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
I voted for Mitt.

Oklahoma did the right thing.
We always do.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:12 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Think about this one. The federal government employees get money from the Obama administration then return the favor by donating it to Obama's reelection. It must be nice to print money for your reelection.

Its like alright everyone gets a 5% raise this year instead of a 3% raise but 1% needs to be donated to Obama for reelection. Hooray big gov.

Pure speculation I presume.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:07 am

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Well government jobs is one of the few sectors growing the past 4 years as far as jobs. Government employees did donate a nice chunk to Obama for reelection.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:20 am

Obama Wins 530727_229979240466058_1753427846_n
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:33 am

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Definitely.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:38 am

OU wrote:
Obama Wins 530727_229979240466058_1753427846_n

I couldn't find the thread about The Donald.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:47 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Well government jobs is one of the few sectors growing the past 4 years as far as jobs. Government employees did donate a nice chunk to Obama for reelection.

Private sector has added jobs. State and local govt's have shrunk considerably which has slowed the recovery. Federal Government jobs have risen but not significantly, and most of those are in defense.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:05 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Private sector has added jobs. State and local govt's have shrunk considerably which has slowed the recovery. Federal Government jobs have risen but not significantly, and most of those are in defense.

From an article from June.

Private-sector jobs are still down by 4.6 million, or 4%, from January 2008.

Federal employment actually is 225,000 jobs above its January 2008 level, an 11.4% increase.

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:14 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

From an article from June.

Private-sector jobs are still down by 4.6 million, or 4%, from January 2008.

Federal employment actually is 225,000 jobs above its January 2008 level, an 11.4% increase.

pretty sure it's about a 5% increase. http://www.opm.gov/feddata/historicaltables/totalgovernmentsince1962.asp

Over 4 years, is that a lot?

Jan 08 economy was still in free fall mode. Losing jobs monthy by the hundreds of thousands. Dishonest to compare then to now. Not as dishonest as comparing gas prices at that time to now, but dishonest nonetheless.

But since Jan 2010, private sector has been on a solid uptick. http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES0500000001

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Obama Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Wins   Obama Wins Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama Wins
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next