Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jamie Foxx will be Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Jamie Foxx will be Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Empty
PostSubject: Jamie Foxx will be Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2   Jamie Foxx will be Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 4:12 pm

Quote :
“Dressed up as Electro for Halloween last night. Costume fits well.”

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35663
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Foxx will be Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2   Jamie Foxx will be Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:14 pm

It's official Foxx will play Electro. The kid from Chronicle will also play Harry Osborn and Mary Jane will also be in the movie.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97663
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Foxx will be Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2   Jamie Foxx will be Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Really? Horrible choice for Electro... and Electro is already a subpar Spidey villian to begin with.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Foxx will be Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2   Jamie Foxx will be Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:23 am

Ninja wrote:
Really? Horrible choice for Electro... and Electro is already a subpar Spidey villian to begin with.

Yes.

I like having Foxx in there as a villain it's an interesting choice. I could care less if the character is white in the comics.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Foxx will be Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2   Jamie Foxx will be Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:43 am

I don't remember Bane or Talia being major batman villains and dkr turned out good.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Foxx will be Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2   Jamie Foxx will be Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 4:13 pm

The issue is not that Jamie Foxx is black, the issue I have is from seeing Jamie Foxx prevoius movies (where he pretty much is the same character over and over again). His personality doesn't really correspond to the original or even the ultimate version of Electro at all. So the character Electro will probably be completly revamped. My personal opinion on this is if a character needs to be "revamped" then why even portray the character on the big screen in the first place. Pick another villian!

Bane was a huge batman villain in the comics. Talia not as much, but her storyline was always very well written and her character was must more than just Ra al Ghul's daughter.

The Electro character was so weak that he always had to be buddled in a storyline with other big name villains (Sinister Six, Brotherhood of Mutants, Sinister Twelve.)

For heaven's sake....He got his powers from being struck by lighting bolt while repairing a power line..... and his greatest weakness is.....water Laughing

Last edited by Ninja on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Foxx will be Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2   Jamie Foxx will be Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 4:16 pm

Jamie Foxx was great in Ray, I don't care what any of you say. Great performance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Foxx will be Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2   Jamie Foxx will be Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:53 am

OU wrote:
Jamie Foxx was great in Ray, I don't care what any of you say. Great performance.

And Collateral, Jarhead and Any Given Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jamie Foxx will be Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2   Jamie Foxx will be Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jamie Foxx will be Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Page 1 of 1