Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oklahoma vs Notre Dame

Go down 
+5
bobbitt15
killerofchicken
acccardinal12
SOKO
OU
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Oklahoma vs Notre Dame Empty
PostSubject: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 12:45 pm

Who are you fuckers rooting for? Who do you think will win.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:00 pm

After the ass beating we got I will go with the sooners on this one. They know what it takes to play a solid team where I think notre dame will be shell shocked with OU's offense. Notre dame has played a few tough teams thus far but no OU type team.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:03 pm

SOKO wrote:
After the ass beating we got I will go with the sooners on this one. They know what it takes to play a solid team where I think notre dame will be shell shocked with OU's offense. Notre dame has played a few tough teams thus far but no OU type team.
I want to go to the game but tickets are pricey. There is going to be so much hate in that stadium. There was alot of hate for the Miami game I went to a couple years ago but this will be like that x10. So much hate towards Notre Dame from entire generation of fans.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:39 pm

I hate Notre Dame since they get to pick and choose pretty much anything they want in college sports. They played a tough BYU team Saturday, but OU should show them what a high powered offense can do. Unfortunately for OU (like all Big 12 teams) they have no defense. It should be a shootout and i think the Sooners have enough weapons to win the game 48-35.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:44 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
I hate Notre Dame since they get to pick and choose pretty much anything they want in college sports. They played a tough BYU team Saturday, but OU should show them what a high powered offense can do. Unfortunately for OU (like all Big 12 teams) they have no defense. It should be a shootout and i think the Sooners have enough weapons to win the game 48-35.
Have you seen OU's defense lately? They are much, much better then they were to start the season. Just look at the TT, UT and Kansas games. Kansas scored on the 3rd team at the end of the 4th. You can pretty much count that as a shutout. I think you need to look again.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:46 pm

Don't forget when you look at the stats that Texas called timeout with 4 seconds to go and scored a TD on the last play of the game(vs backups) even though they were down 40+. So OU gave up 14 vs Texas and 0 vs Kansas.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:57 pm

Kansas and Texas suck though. We both know that.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 3:02 pm

What about Tech? I'm just saying your comment about OU's defense being shit is inaccurate. Shutting out any division 1 team is pretty good. Just look at what OU did to Tech's offense compared to the other Big 12 defenses you are attempting to group them in with. That game was on the road too. I'm just saying if you looked at the numbers or watched the last few games you would agree that calling their defense shit is inaccurate.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 3:04 pm

OU in a rout
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 4:44 pm

OU wrote:
What about Tech? I'm just saying your comment about OU's defense being shit is inaccurate. Shutting out any division 1 team is pretty good. Just look at what OU did to Tech's offense compared to the other Big 12 defenses you are attempting to group them in with. That game was on the road too. I'm just saying if you looked at the numbers or watched the last few games you would agree that calling their defense shit is inaccurate.

I agree. It's still gonna be a high scoring game though imo. Whatchu think?

PS, I checked my monopoly pieces this morning for you. No dice yet!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 9:31 am

OU wrote:

I agree. It's still gonna be a high scoring game though imo. Whatchu think?

PS, I checked my monopoly pieces this morning for you. No dice yet!
I don't think it will be a high scoring game. I think both teams have a decent defense. I think it will be something like 31-17. Something like that.

Oh and update on Monopoly. I have 3 different colors now where I only need 1 piece. I can't remember the exact colors or the name but I got the #s. So if you have 932, 940 or 928. Let's make some money.

P.S.
I looked it up, it's the light blue, yellow and red. Still don't know the names.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:22 am

You're no amurican then! Ill check my collection when i get to work later. Im off today but i gotta pretend i give a fuck and show up for awhile.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:17 pm

Go IRISH!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:20 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Go IRISH!
How you feeling going into this game as an Irish fan? Obviously OU is beatable this season. What are your expectations?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:30 pm

As you said, I think OU is beatable but Notre Dame's offense is pretty terrible so I'm not expecting a win on the road. Hoping the D plays like they have all year and the offense makes enough plays that the game is on the line in the 4th and then who knows what can happen
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:36 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
As you said, I think OU is beatable but Notre Dame's offense is pretty terrible so I'm not expecting a win on the road. Hoping the D plays like they have all year and the offense makes enough plays that the game is on the line in the 4th and then who knows what can happen
I think I read that ND defense was the 2nd highest scoring defense in the nation? Landry can make some bone head throws sometime so I'm hoping he doesn't give up any pick 6s. He seems to be getting comfortable with the new WRs and is usually solid at home. I think OUs defense has really improved throughout the season. I'm expecting OU to win at home. But then again OU destroyed K-State last year on the road and got beat at home because of stupid mistakes and ND defense seems to cause those kind of mistakes. I was just curious to the thoughts of a true Irish fan.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:42 pm

The secondary is the question mark of ND's defense, so there could be some plays to be made there. They have definitely out performed expectations so far. Its the front-7 that is just nasty. Pretty solid pass rush, and just incredibly difficult to run on. Te'O gets all the attention and is a beast, but they have some big, athletic boys on that D-line. Held Michigan, Michigan State and Miami to 12 points combined over a period of 3 games and didn't give up an offensive TD to Stanford. They are definitely legit

Offensively they have a pretty good O-line and are definitely run heavy. Looks like Golson is starting this week and he has good athleticism but is an inconsistent passer and will make mistakes. They have some pretty good receiving weapons including probably the best TE in the country if they only had a better option to get them the ball
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:49 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
The secondary is the question mark of ND's defense, so there could be some plays to be made there. They have definitely out performed expectations so far. Its the front-7 that is just nasty. Pretty solid pass rush, and just incredibly difficult to run on. Te'O gets all the attention and is a beast, but they have some big, athletic boys on that D-line. Held Michigan, Michigan State and Miami to 12 points combined over a period of 3 games and didn't give up an offensive TD to Stanford. They are definitely legit

Offensively they have a pretty good O-line and are definitely run heavy. Looks like Golson is starting this week and he has good athleticism but is an inconsistent passer and will make mistakes. They have some pretty good receiving weapons including probably the best TE in the country if they only had a better option to get them the ball
OU's O-Line has really improved since the beginning of the season. But this should be a big test. I know you have some big boys on the defensive front, that is one of the things being talked about on the local radio shows about this game. I was a little worried that Texas would be able to get to Landry but the O-Line did a great job in that game. But ND is a different beast, going to be a challenge. It's a big game for both teams season.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 8:16 am

During the Tim Brown-Bettis-Mirer-Ismail days I was a huge Irish fan.

But that fandom has nearly completely died. In part because of so many over hyped Irish squads falling flat, but mostly because of the rise of my Alma Mater.

Still I will root for the Irish here, for RU is more likely to jump a 2 loss OU squad then a 1 loss ND squad.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 9:59 am

captain organic wrote:
During the Tim Brown-Bettis-Mirer-Ismail days I was a huge Irish fan.

But that fandom has nearly completely died. In part because of so many over hyped Irish squads falling flat, but mostly because of the rise of my Alma Mater.

Still I will root for the Irish here, for RU is more likely to jump a 2 loss OU squad then a 1 loss ND squad.
So you are rooting for ND. What do you think about the game? Who will win?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 10:30 am

Without having seen much of either team hard to say. But from what I can gather this is offense vs defense. Maybe the best D OU has seen, and pretty clearly the best O ND has seen.

I think both coaches are excellent so a wash there.

If I had to pick I'd go with the home team.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 10:42 am

captain organic wrote:
Without having seen much of either team hard to say. But from what I can gather this is offense vs defense. Maybe the best D OU has seen, and pretty clearly the best O ND has seen.

I think both coaches are excellent so a wash there.

If I had to pick I'd go with the home team.
ND coach is good. But he isn't on Bob's level.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:04 pm

Cold front is coming in, gonna be a little chilly at the game. Probably in the 40s by the time the game starts.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:27 pm

Best win for Notre Dame in a long time. This team and defense is legit
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 1:48 am

Remember when Big Game Bob was Big Game Bob?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame   Oklahoma vs Notre Dame Empty

Back to top Go down

Oklahoma vs Notre Dame
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next