Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous! Empty
PostSubject: The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous!   The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous! EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 1:50 am

Jason McDonald was absolutely robbed tonight by getting a draw with Solomon Hutcherson. It was clear cut 30-27 fight for Jason. Two judges scored it 28-28 while one 29-28 for Jason. I think I'm going to throw up. These judges need to be fired ASAP.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous!   The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous! EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 1:54 am

Wow, by a judge recount Jason now wins by Split Decision. Never seen this before....And you have to realize they announced this during the Lister vs Leites fight....
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous!   The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous! EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 1:24 pm

ughh we demand change!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous!   The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous! EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 1:40 pm

oggy420 wrote:

Are you saying MMA needs Obama?
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous!   The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous! EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 2:09 pm

where do you apply?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous!   The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous! EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 2:33 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

Are you saying MMA needs Obama?

lol
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous!   The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous! EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 8:54 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
Wow, by a judge recount Jason now wins by Split Decision. Never seen this before....And you have to realize they announced this during the Lister vs Leites fight....

That's on the scorekeeper not the judges. The judges hand in their cards each round and that's the last they see them. The scorekeeper is the one to add them up, log them, and give the decision to the announcer.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous!   The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous! EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 8:59 pm

McDonald said after the fight he thought he won 2 rounds and the other was close so he admits he may not have won all 3 so a 29-28 score isn't ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous!   The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous! EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:35 pm

I have a question Primetyme, when you judge do you take in account sub attempts and leg kicks? It seems most MMA judges completely throw that out of their criteria. Actually I see them giving rounds to fighters who escape the submission, than the fighters who go for them which doesn't make any sense at all. An example of this would be the Cerrone vs Benderson fight.

Last edited by NinjaRua/Fan on Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous!   The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous! EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:36 pm

Also watch the fight. Jason clearly won all 3 rounds.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous!   The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous! EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:59 pm

I just downloaded the fight, stupid Comcast doesn't carry HDNet by me. I absolutely take into account leg kicks and sub attempts. It also does depend on the sub attempt and how good it is. I think alot of the problems that some judges have is they haven't trained at all in ground fighting so they don't really understand or know the subs and or attempts. In essence that's the fault of the commission and their training of the judges.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous!   The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous! EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 10:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous!   The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous! EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
Here is the fight:

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Jason_MacDonald_vs_Solomon_Hutcherson_MFC_23?vid=10008072&tid=100

That's where I downloaded it from.

A perfect example of bad judging was the last amateur show I did in CT. The stand up was even fighter A got a takedown and layed on top doing nothing. Fighter B went after 4 subs throughout the round and well as strike from the bottom, the guy on top just layed there. I scored the round for the guy on the bottom and the other 2 judges gave it to the other fighter. After the card was completed I asked them why they gave the round to the other fighter and they both said that he was on top more. Both of those guys were from a kickboxing background. It's all about the judges becoming more knowlegable and need to go to seminars and keep up on everything. In NJ you have to work your way up to judging through the other jobs in the amateur system and have some type of background in something other then striking. It could take quite awhile before you actually get to judge and you may not even get to the pro shows if the commission doesn't feel like your judging correctly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous!   The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Judging in MMA is getting to be ridculous!
Page 1 of 1