Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF

Go down 
+10
Ludo
acccardinal12
MMAEYES
SOKO
KingsOwn19
killerofchicken
Farmer1906
GDPofDRC
jewzilla
OU
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF Empty
PostSubject: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:46 pm

Fuck me.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/31166/jon-jones-and-chael-sonnen-to-coach-the-ultimate-fighter-17-fight-on-april-27.mma
UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones (16-1 MMA, 10-1 UFC) and former middleweight title challenger Chael Sonnen (28-12-1 MMA, 6-5 UFC) will serve as coaches on "The Ultimate Fighter 17" on FX.

The coaching assignments, as well as an April 27 fight date, today were confirmed by the Los Angeles Times.

Due to his coaching duties, Sonnen no longer will fight Forrest Griffin (19-7 MMA, 10-5 UFC) at UFC 155 in December.

"TUF 17" filming begins Oct. 29, and the show then debuts on FX in January. The 17th edition of the UFC's long-running reality series is expected to feature middleweight and light-heavyweight fighters. Open tryouts for the tournament-based competition and show recently drew more than 120 UFC hopefuls.

Jones and Sonnen will serve as head coaches of opposing teams. As with past seasons of "TUF," their coach-vs.-coach fight will headline a pay-per-view event soon after the series' 12-week run on FX.

Sonnen, who suffered a second loss to middleweight champion Anderson Silva in his most recent bout, was targeted for a late-notice light-heavyweight fight with Jones at UFC 151. However, when Jones declined to take the fight on eight days' notice following an injury to original opponent Dan Henderson, UFC officials ultimately canceled the Sept. 1 show outright.

Although Jones said he offered to fight Sonnen a few weeks later at UFC 152, officials instead paired him up with Lyoto Machida and then ultimately Vitor Belfort, whom he submitted in the fourth round.

But since the UFC 151 cancellation, Sonnen hasn't missed an opportunity to call out Jones, even though he's currently booked to fight light heavyweight Forrest Griffin at UFC 155 in December.

Perhaps not surprisingly, Jones recently tweeted that he was warming up to the idea of fighting Sonnen.

"The more I realize how bad the fans want to see me fight Sonnen the more I am beginning to disregard whether he deserves it or not," Jones recently tweeted. "A part of me wants to do it for the fans. The other part of me feels as if it delegitimizes the importance of (the) championship."

For more on "The Ultimate Fighter 17" and UFC 155, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:47 pm

That's the stupidest fucking shit I have ever seen. Major hit to the legitimacy of the entire organization. One step closer to the WWE, one major leap away from the NFL.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:50 pm

This is the worst day, the worst news in the history of Zuffa. Fucking wow.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:06 pm

Chill the fuck out puss.

I would be willing to bet that this doesnt go down as planned.

Look for Jones to get injured, and Chael to end up fighting against the winner of Gus/Shogun.

They will both still coach, but who cares its just a TV show. Dont watch it if you dont like it.

I dont see a problem with Zuffa is pulling some WWE type stuff, they are just trying to bring in more casual fans because the hardcore fans will always be there. Plus the fights are still real, and thats all that matters IMO.

NO NEED FOR THE BREAK DOWN OU, DONT BE A JEWZILLA.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:12 pm

jewzilla wrote:
Chill the fuck out puss.

I would be willing to bet that this doesnt go down as planned.

Look for Jones to get injured, and Chael to end up fighting against the winner of Gus/Shogun.

They will both still coach, but who cares its just a TV show. Dont watch it if you dont like it.

I dont see a problem with Zuffa is pulling some WWE type stuff, they are just trying to bring in more casual fans because the hardcore fans will always be there. Plus the fights are still real, and thats all that matters IMO.

NO NEED FOR THE BREAK DOWN OU, DONT BE A JEWZILLA.
I wouldn't expect someone like you to have a problem with it. You are the exact person they are targeting with these moves. But this is terrible news for anyone that is a fan of in cage performance over marketability. I'm disgusted at the thought of it. The UFC is making is as clear as ever, popularity>performance. Makes me sick.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:16 pm

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:16 pm

fucking wwe sellout shit.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:17 pm

I dont watch that bullshit, and I do not prefer popularity over performance, so suck my schlong.

Chael has no business fighting Jon.

It is Hendersons fight IMO.

And I am sorry to say it but outside of Henderson, who deserves a shot at Jones RIGHT now.

Shogun? No.
Machida? No.
Gus? Maybe.
Glover? Not yet.
Henderson? Yep.

So until Dana explains why Dan isnt going to fight Jones (unless he already has and I missed it) then whats the problem with making a popularity fight when there is no clear cut contender? And dont say make Anderson fight him.

I mean damn woman Chael will probably get decapitated with elbows, so that should make you a little bit happy.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:18 pm

As long as there are fights, I dont give a fuck.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:21 pm

jewzilla wrote:
I dont watch that bullshit, and I do not prefer popularity over performance, so suck my schlong.

And I am sorry to say it but outside of Henderson, who deserves a shot at Jones RIGHT now.

Shogun? No.
Machida? No.
Gus? Maybe.
Glover? Not yet.
Henderson? Yep.

So until Dana explains why Dan isnt going to fight Jones (unless he already has and I missed it) then whats the problem with making a popularity fight when there is no clear cut contender? And dont say make Anderson fight him.

I mean damn woman Chael will probably get decapitated with elbows, so that should make you a little bit happy.
IF Chael is still fighting Forrest, he is probably going to lose. You could probably name literally 50 fighters more deserving of a UFC LHW title shot then Chael Sonnen. Hell they might as well have kept Kimbo around and put him on every PPV until people got tired of him. They might as well sign that Shaq vs Lesnar matchup Shaq has been pushing for.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:24 pm

OU wrote:
jewzilla wrote:

Shogun? No.
Machida? No.
Gus? Maybe.
Glover? Not yet.
Henderson? Yep.

IF Chael is still fighting Forrest, he is probably going to lose. You could probably name literally 50 fighters more deserving of a UFC LHW title shot then Chael Sonnen. Hell they might as well have kept Kimbo around and put him on every PPV until people got tired of him. They might as well sign that Shaq vs Lesnar matchup Shaq has been pushing for.

You're crazy, 50? more like 25.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:24 pm

OU wrote:
jewzilla wrote:

Shogun? No.
Machida? No.
Gus? Maybe.
Glover? Not yet.
Henderson? Yep.

Alright then let him lose and then your wish will come true.

Just be glad we have fights to watch!

Ungrateful sumbitch.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:25 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:
jewzilla wrote:

Shogun? No.
Machida? No.
Gus? Maybe.
Glover? Not yet.
Henderson? Yep.

You're crazy, 50? more like 25.
40, minimum.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:26 pm

jewzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
jewzilla wrote:

Shogun? No.
Machida? No.
Gus? Maybe.
Glover? Not yet.
Henderson? Yep.

Alright then let him lose and then your wish will come true.

Just be glad we have fights to watch!

Ungrateful sumbitch.
I don't need Zuffa to watch MMA. I can see warriors battle it out elsewhere. They built the sport up just to spit in it's face. It's a disgrace.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:28 pm

The war on MMA continues. The money means a lot more to zuffa then the sport now.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:31 pm

While I agree there are more deserving fighters, this is going to be an awesome show and this fight needs to happen eventually due to jones duckage. I don't like seeing Hendo leapfrogged.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:33 pm

Its a business. What do you expect?

Dana White obviously does not give a fuck what the fans say. I believe he has made that very clear.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:01 pm

I think he cares greatly about the fans. You cant please everyone obviously.

Last edited by Farmer1906 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:09 pm

Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF JonJonesSherdog.net_display_image
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:22 pm

Dana doesn't care about MMA fans, he has made that fact clear many times.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:30 pm

TUF was awesome when it had good fighters and decent fights. The coaches have never made this show shit in the end other than one Rampage Jackson, truth. This will just be a editing hype job to fluff up pseudo-impressions of Jones and Sonnen. Zuffa and FOX want to shape them to the most profitable and marketable characters they can. Sonnen is mostly there because he knew there are zero shits to give about anything involving the actual Chael Sonnen, so he should be easy. How they try to re-imagine the Jones character will be slightly interesting, which is a testament of how sad this actually is.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:38 pm

What is also ridiculous is the fact that if you take the best 20 or so current UFC LHW fighters, three of them are now actually booked to a fight.

Both Top 10: Shogun vs Gus - December 8th
Top 20: Nedkov vs Silva - November 10th

All together, there are 4 LHW fights even booked or rumored, well 5 now if you count the this TLC Presents Bones vs Sonnen.

Book some fucking fights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:43 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
What is also ridiculous is the fact that if you take the best 20 or so current UFC LHW fighters, three of them are now actually booked to a fight.

Both Top 10: Shogun vs Gus - December 8th
Top 20: Nedkov vs Silva - November 10th

All together, there are 4 LHW fights even booked or rumored, well 5 now if you count the this TLC Presents Bones vs Sonnen.

Book some fucking fights.

Hendo, Machida and Rashad will most likely fight in the winter.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Oh well never mind, the LHW division is working well it sounds like then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:58 pm

Who does Forrest face now ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF   Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF Empty

Back to top Go down

Zuffa has gone to hell. Bones vs Sonnen to coach on TUF
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next