Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Silva still has no desire to move to LHW

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Silva still has no desire to move to LHW Empty
PostSubject: Silva still has no desire to move to LHW   Silva still has no desire to move to LHW EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:06 am

Quote :
"There's always been a lot of talk about me moving up to 205," said Silva, who successfully has defended his title a UFC-record 10 times. "I know (UFC president) Dana (White) has talked about it and all the fans have talked about me moving up and facing Jon Jones.

"But it's something I've never wanted. I won't be pretentious and say that I'd want to move up, especially because there are other guys in the weight class and on our team like Rafael Feijao (Cavalcante) and (Antonio Rogerio) Minotoro Nogueira, guys who could potentially face Jon Jones in the future.

"What got me this far is that I'm grounded; my weight class is 185 and I'm 37 years old. I feel I need to be honest and continue to build what I've built and that is to keep defending my belt at 185."

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/8463055/anderson-silva-says-moving-fight-jon-jones-happen

Cue Freak and OU in 3......2......1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Silva still has no desire to move to LHW   Silva still has no desire to move to LHW EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:38 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Silva still has no desire to move to LHW   Silva still has no desire to move to LHW EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:49 am

I'm fine with Spider staying at MW. I'm 100% for fighters competing at their optimum weight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Silva still has no desire to move to LHW   Silva still has no desire to move to LHW EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 10:02 am

I wish Silva would make a run at the 205lb title before father time catches up with him.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Silva still has no desire to move to LHW   Silva still has no desire to move to LHW EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 10:03 am

Ali wrote:
I wish Silva would make a run at the 205lb title before father time catches up with him.
Fans are so greedy. No appreciation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Silva still has no desire to move to LHW   Silva still has no desire to move to LHW EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 10:08 am

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
Fans are so greedy. No appreciation.

Quote :
Greed is good
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Silva still has no desire to move to LHW   Silva still has no desire to move to LHW EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 10:45 am

I guess this is what I caught the tail end of on espn bottom line during the game last night. I saw something like "move up to face Jon Jones after fight with Stephan Bonnar" and I got excited. Funny how missing.a few words can totally ruin a dream. Bones vs spider is the biggest fight in the UFC imo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silva still has no desire to move to LHW   Silva still has no desire to move to LHW Empty

Back to top Go down

Silva still has no desire to move to LHW
Page 1 of 1