[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]
 
Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:30 am

Seth's going to be hosting the next Oscars.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35347
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis
Posts : 3139
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 30
Location : Austin

PostSubject: Re: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:36 am

hes a good host .. he can be harsh and shock/jock like .. thats just basing on him hosting the Roasts

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:40 am

Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis
Posts : 3139
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 30
Location : Austin

PostSubject: Re: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:43 am

Ali wrote:

haha .. yeah I saw that.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:49 am

Laughing

I think Seth will do a great job with the gig.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:54 am

Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt


Posts : 2901
Join date : 2013-01-04

PostSubject: Re: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:12 am

Thought Seth did a pretty good job I really enjoyed this year Oscars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett
Posts : 12426
Join date : 2009-07-16
Location : Northern California

PostSubject: Re: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:35 am

didnt watch the oscars because i havent seen any of the movies up for anything. Not even Django..i should try to get to the theaters more often but the popcorn fiends ruin it.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt


Posts : 2901
Join date : 2013-01-04

PostSubject: Re: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:39 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
didnt watch the oscars because i havent seen any of the movies up for anything. Not even Django..i should try to get to the theaters more often but the popcorn fiends ruin it.

That's not true Kings you saw Flight which was up for a couple awards, sadly it didn't win any.

Best Picture: Argo
Best Actor: Daniel Day Lewis for Lincoln
Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence for Silver Linings Playbook.
Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz for Django:Unchained
Best Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway for Les Miserables
Best Director: Ang Lee for Life Of Pi
Best Original Screenplay: Quentin Tarantino for Django:Unchained

I felt it was a pretty fair even spread tonight, not one movie dominated. Only real surprise was Lawrence winning but she's worthy IMO.

Ben's speech was nice and emotional but Daniel's was surpisingly funny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt


Posts : 2901
Join date : 2013-01-04

PostSubject: Re: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:47 pm







Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den
Posts : 17542
Join date : 2009-07-19
Age : 29
Location : D Town

PostSubject: Re: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:01 pm

the Von Trapp family part was the funniest to me lol

_________________
1X Ninjas Place Boxing GOR Champ (4 defenses)
Ninja Place GP runner up (ya i lost to the illustrious LA)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit
Posts : 14874
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 27
Location : Cincinnati

PostSubject: Re: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:40 pm

I thought that was hilarious too bird

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt


Posts : 2901
Join date : 2013-01-04

PostSubject: Re: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:17 am

Birdofthad wrote:
the Von Trapp family part was the funniest to me lol

Yeah it was a nice homage to The Sound Of Music. You just knew Seth was going to sneak a Nazi in there somewhere Laughing

Some of his jokes were a bit risky even for me, the one about John Wilks Booth being the only guy to get inside Lincoln's head was cutting it really close.

I did enjoy Seth's pop at Gibson and I am sure that joke went down a storm with Downey Jr.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt


Posts : 6485
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:34 pm

never watch the oscars... other peoples opinionions on movies really don't mean anything to me. And the worship of hollywood is a bit disturbing sometimes...

did catch that Michelle Obama presented the best picture surrounded by soldiers.... and it went to Argo... which paints Iran as bad guys... well it was either gonna be that or the torture porn film zero dark thrity. Safe to say they wouldn't have done that stunt if it went to a film that doesn't promote the CIA or military. Kind of tasteless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt


Posts : 2901
Join date : 2013-01-04

PostSubject: Re: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:39 pm

oggy420 wrote:
never watch the oscars... other peoples opinionions on movies really don't mean anything to me. And the worship of hollywood is a bit disturbing sometimes...

did catch that Michelle Obama presented the best picture surrounded by soldiers.... and it went to Argo... which paints Iran as bad guys... well it was either gonna be that or the torture porn film zero dark thrity. Safe to say they wouldn't have done that stunt if it went to a film that doesn't promote the CIA or military. Kind of tasteless.

This post belongs in the politics section.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt


Posts : 6485
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:43 pm

why? Just giving my opinion on the oscars. They suck. Movies are great. Oscars i have no desire to see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS
Posts : 16259
Join date : 2010-02-28
Age : 31
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:42 pm

oggy420 wrote:
never watch the oscars... other peoples opinionions on movies really don't mean anything to me. And the worship of hollywood is a bit disturbing sometimes...

did catch that Michelle Obama presented the best picture surrounded by soldiers.... and it went to Argo... which paints Iran as bad guys... well it was either gonna be that or the torture porn film zero dark thrity. Safe to say they wouldn't have done that stunt if it went to a film that doesn't promote the CIA or military. Kind of tasteless.
you, my friend, can be very tasteless... And kinda funny too, in a wacky way

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt


Posts : 2901
Join date : 2013-01-04

PostSubject: Re: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:13 pm

Quote :
Seth MacFarlane ✔ @SethMacFarlane

RT @CrusePhoto: @SethMacFarlane Would you host the #Oscars again if asked? // No way. Lotta fun to have done it, though.
8:15 AM - 26 Feb 13
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt


Posts : 6485
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:19 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
never watch the oscars... other peoples opinionions on movies really don't mean anything to me. And the worship of hollywood is a bit disturbing sometimes...

did catch that Michelle Obama presented the best picture surrounded by soldiers.... and it went to Argo... which paints Iran as bad guys... well it was either gonna be that or the torture porn film zero dark thrity. Safe to say they wouldn't have done that stunt if it went to a film that doesn't promote the CIA or military. Kind of tasteless.
you, my friend, can be very tasteless... And kinda funny too, in a wacky way

self admittedly i can push peoples buttons, but my brain works differently. I don't think they did that for no reason. Obama visits Israel in March, Netanyahu admittedly wants to preemptively strike Iran...im just connecting the dots. I'll stop there though. Dont want to hijack this thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt


Posts : 2901
Join date : 2013-01-04

PostSubject: Re: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:25 pm

oggy420 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
never watch the oscars... other peoples opinionions on movies really don't mean anything to me. And the worship of hollywood is a bit disturbing sometimes...

did catch that Michelle Obama presented the best picture surrounded by soldiers.... and it went to Argo... which paints Iran as bad guys... well it was either gonna be that or the torture porn film zero dark thrity. Safe to say they wouldn't have done that stunt if it went to a film that doesn't promote the CIA or military. Kind of tasteless.
you, my friend, can be very tasteless... And kinda funny too, in a wacky way

self admittedly i can push peoples buttons, but my brain works differently. I don't think they did that for no reason. Obama visits Israel in March, Netanyahu admittedly wants to preemptively strike Iran...im just connecting the dots. I'll stop there though. Dont want to hijack this thread.

Dude stop with the conspiracy, Argo was going to win regardless of who presented because the Academy royally screwed up by excluding Ben Affleck from the directing nominees.

Zero Dark Thirty lost alot of momentum because of the whole torture controversy. I've seen the movie and yes the torture scenes are uncomfortable but that's because torture is a very unpleasant in real life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt


Posts : 6485
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:30 pm

Ali* wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
never watch the oscars... other peoples opinionions on movies really don't mean anything to me. And the worship of hollywood is a bit disturbing sometimes...

did catch that Michelle Obama presented the best picture surrounded by soldiers.... and it went to Argo... which paints Iran as bad guys... well it was either gonna be that or the torture porn film zero dark thrity. Safe to say they wouldn't have done that stunt if it went to a film that doesn't promote the CIA or military. Kind of tasteless.
you, my friend, can be very tasteless... And kinda funny too, in a wacky way

self admittedly i can push peoples buttons, but my brain works differently. I don't think they did that for no reason. Obama visits Israel in March, Netanyahu admittedly wants to preemptively strike Iran...im just connecting the dots. I'll stop there though. Dont want to hijack this thread.

Dude stop with the conspiracy, Argo was going to win regardless of who presented because the Academy royally screwed up by excluding Ben Affleck from the directing nominees.

Zero Dark Thirty lost alot of momentum because of the whole torture controversy. I've seen the movie and yes the torture scenes are uncomfortable but that's because torture is a very unpleasant in real life.

what conspiracy? I never said Argo wasn't a good movie. Do you think they would have done that whole presentation if silver linings playbook won best movie? Think about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt


Posts : 2901
Join date : 2013-01-04

PostSubject: Re: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:34 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Ali* wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
never watch the oscars... other peoples opinionions on movies really don't mean anything to me. And the worship of hollywood is a bit disturbing sometimes...

did catch that Michelle Obama presented the best picture surrounded by soldiers.... and it went to Argo... which paints Iran as bad guys... well it was either gonna be that or the torture porn film zero dark thrity. Safe to say they wouldn't have done that stunt if it went to a film that doesn't promote the CIA or military. Kind of tasteless.
you, my friend, can be very tasteless... And kinda funny too, in a wacky way

self admittedly i can push peoples buttons, but my brain works differently. I don't think they did that for no reason. Obama visits Israel in March, Netanyahu admittedly wants to preemptively strike Iran...im just connecting the dots. I'll stop there though. Dont want to hijack this thread.

Dude stop with the conspiracy, Argo was going to win regardless of who presented because the Academy royally screwed up by excluding Ben Affleck from the directing nominees.

Zero Dark Thirty lost alot of momentum because of the whole torture controversy. I've seen the movie and yes the torture scenes are uncomfortable but that's because torture is a very unpleasant in real life.

what conspiracy? I never said Argo wasn't a good movie. Do you think they would have done that whole presentation if silver linings playbook won best movie? Think about it.

Yes and I think it's a complete coincidence that Michella Obama was the presenter. If anything I would have expected Michelle being brought in meaning Lincoln was going to win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt


Posts : 6485
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:36 pm

you're right im crazy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane   

Back to top Go down
 
And the Oscar goes to........Seth MacFarlane
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Blade Runner - Oscar Pistorious runs 45.07 & qualifies for WC
» Oscar Pistorius - Experts suggest his 'blades' make him 10sec quicker!
» Oscar Pistorius walks out of BBC interview after insult
» The TRUTH revealed! Oscar De La Hoya and his crossdressing...
» OSCAR Facebook

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: