Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153

Go down 
+8
acccardinal12
GDPofDRC
SOKO
MMAEYES
OU
captain organic
bobbitt15
killerofchicken
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:44 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
I only read two pages and this is what i came up with....Ali will defend Spider no matter what, and Ali would suck his dick. Nucka please! This will be worse than machida vs bonnar at jungle fights. Andy should have to get a toe cut off for this fight. 4 months ago fighters were telling boner to retire, much said! Fucking joke.

Just watched that fight. It wasn't that bad. Bonnar lost due to a cut and I couldn't tell if it was a punch or a headbutt. He wore a few good shots, but was never hurt. He even landed a big knee on Machida at the end of the round.

I haven't watched that fight in two or so years. Boner landed a few good strikes. Machida outclassed and beat him. Any MAN fan that thinks Bonnar had a chance or saw it close is the worst part of DNA from both of Cecil Peoples parents.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 9:33 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Bonnar might as well be +1,000,000. He ain't winning. He should be +1,000 just to survive the first round.

Much lesser fighters has gone more than one than Bonnar. He's got a solid chin, well rounded skills, good size, and if he fights like he did vs Kingsbury then he could snooze his way to a win. Not to mention there is always a punchers chance and Anderson is out of shape.
I don't see any way The American Psycho doesn't make it out of round 1. Dude is one of the best ever at taking punishment. He can take a round from Anderson Silva.

But there's a difference between taking punishment and getting into wars with guys like K-Sos, Igor and then Anderson Silva. The precision behind those strikes totally nullifies most good chins because it simply doesn't matter. Stopped Chael for the first time ever, the 45 second ass whipping put on Leben who can take it too...he's just too accurate and once you get buckled the fight is over if he wants it to be. Its easier to get into a sloppy slugfest with guys winging hooks than it is to get hit right on the chin repeatedly, especially when he won't even see half of them. He's just way too slow
You act like those are some of the better competition that Bonnar has faced. Bonnar survived 15 mins of ass whoopin vs Jon Jones, he had a very competitive fight with Rashad Evans, he suffered a cut vs Machida in round 1 put he was fully alert when the fight was stopped, he has fought 4 UFC Champions in his career but you want to list Krzysztof and Igor as your examples, by the way Igor has some good power and holds 13 (T)KOs(1 was a cut) in MMA. Stephan Bonnar has been in there with a mix of elite fighters and powerful hitters and he takes his ass whoopin like no other.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:17 pm

There is a massive difference between fighting a rookie Jones and this current Anderson.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:29 pm

freakzilla wrote:
There is a massive difference between fighting a rookie Jones and this current Anderson.
Did you see how many times Stephan got dropped and got back up? That won't change. I'll repeat, Stephan has fought 4 UFC Champions, some of the best MMA fighters in the World, not just that he has faced very powerful strikers, the man can take an asswhoopin. Ya'll musta forgot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:31 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Did you see how many times Stephan got dropped and got back up? That won't change. I'll repeat, Stephan has fought 4 UFC Champions, some of the best MMA fighters in the World, not just that he has faced very powerful strikers, the man can take an asswhoopin. Ya'll musta forgot.

Big Nog could take a bigger one before he fought Mir. How about Fedor before he fought Hendo? it ends 1 day for everybody.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:36 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Big Nog could take a bigger one before he fought Mir. How about Fedor before he fought Hendo? it ends 1 day for everybody.
So you are saying Anderson will be the one to break Stephan? This man is not a God, despite what the majority of you seem to think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:54 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

So you are saying Anderson will be the one to break Stephan? This man is not a God, despite what the majority of you seem to think.

I hate Anderson and I can't wait for him to lose but Bonnar doesn't belong on the same stratosphere as Anderson. If Anderson wanted to he'd finish this fight in less than 2 min.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:01 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

I hate Anderson and I can't wait for him to lose but Bonnar doesn't belong on the same stratosphere as Anderson. If Anderson wanted to he'd finish this fight in less than 2 min.
I don't see anything that would support that statement. Anderson is going to dominate, that's easy to say. But if Stephan Bonnar is good for 1 thing in the world, it's taking an ass whoopin. It's just incorrect to say he hasn't been hit hard by elite fighters many times. Anderson is not that far above some of the men Stephan has been in the cage with. That's the truth.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:02 pm

Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 Tumblr_liycezVte31qivr0ao1_500
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Anderson Silva's abilities are being more overblown then Brock Lesnar's. Geez, that guy has let far lesser fighters hang in there multiple times. But you guys don't think Bonnar can last 2 mins? I think you got one of Spider's curlies stuck in your grill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:06 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 Tumblr_liycezVte31qivr0ao1_500

lol!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:26 pm

OU wrote:
Anderson Silva's abilities are being more overblown then Brock Lesnar's. Geez, that guy has let far lesser fighters hang in there multiple times. But you guys don't think Bonnar can last 2 mins? I think you got one of Spider's curlies stuck in your grill.

Who said Bonnar can't last two minutes? This is all about you saying that Anderson Silva is not a good enogh fighter to be able to defeat Stephen Bonnar in the first round of an MMA fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:34 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:

Who said Bonnar can't last two minutes? This is all about you saying that Anderson Silva is not a good enogh fighter to be able to defeat Stephen Bonnar in the first round of an MMA fight.
That is the exact number freak through out there. I said Anderson dosen't have what it takes to put Stephan away in round 1. Something very talented and powerful fighters have attempted and failed in the past. I'm not saying Anderson won't dominate. But saying Stephan can survive for 5 minutes shouldn't be taken as some crazy claim. There is obviously history that would suggest he could. It's not like I'm saying Stephan stands a chance to win, just to survive round 1. Ohhh nooos how dare I make such claims.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:38 pm

Freak said Silva could defeat Bonnar in two minutes.

When you make the claim that Silva is not good enough to finish his opponent, not just Bonnar, in five minutes, that it simply cannot happen, then it's not everyone else.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:43 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Freak said Silva could defeat Bonnar in two minutes.

When you make the claim that Silva is not good enough to finish his opponent, not just Bonnar, in five minutes, that it simply cannot happen, then it's not everyone else.
I'm talking about 1 specific opponent. Stephan Bonnar. I never said Anderson couldn't finish anyone else. I'm talking about 1 very specific opponent and 1 round. It's very clear. I don't understand how this is much of an insult to Anderson Silva. You guys are just crazy for even considering that hate.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Stephan Bonnar is not a gawd!

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:50 pm

You said it before, you think Anderson Silva's finishing ability> Stephan's ability to survive 1 round. I think the opposite. Anderson Silva is one of the best to ever step in the cage. Stephan Bonnar is one of the best to ever step in the cage at taking punishment. He is a freak...well they both are. But I believe in the chin and heart of Bonnar...for a min of 1 round. How dare I...
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:57 pm

I agree. How dare you.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 2:00 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I agree. How dare you.
Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 5434117531_2a5876957c
Yeah that's a 32oz Merican sized fizzy drink.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 2:11 pm

I hate Anderson but the guy is top 3 GOAT. Bonnar has never been top 10 in any division. Anderson has arguably the greatest striking ever. If Anderson fights with the mentality that he wants to finish Bonnar ASAP then Bonnar wont see the 2nd round.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 2:18 pm

freakzilla wrote:
I hate Anderson but the guy is top 3 GOAT. Bonnar has never been top 10 in any division. Anderson has arguably the greatest striking ever. If Anderson fights with the mentality that he wants to finish Bonnar ASAP then Bonnar wont see the 2nd round.
I'm not arguing these men are even close in terms of skill. I'm saying Stephan does 1 thing at an elite level, 1 thing that he does as well as any in MMA. He can take punishment. He is top 3 GOAT in that department. It's not like Anderson is going in there thinking if he doesn't finish the fight in round 1 then his children will die. Anderson is Anderson and Stephan is Stephan. They will do what they do. Anderson will dish it out and Stephan will take it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:52 pm

Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 Ufc_153_poster_pic_large
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:26 pm

wasn't forrest griffin known for being able to absorb huge punishment at the time he fought silva? he got knocked out by a comedy jab.

i think bonnar will be too static a target and silvas accuracy will put him away, i'd be suprised if this fight saw the 2nd round.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:34 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
wasn't forrest griffin known for being able to absorb huge punishment at the time he fought silva? he got knocked out by a comedy jab.

i think bonnar will be too static a target and silvas accuracy will put him away, i'd be suprised if this fight saw the 2nd round.
Forrest was TKO'd in the 1st by Keith Jardine long before Silva got to him. Also Rashad put him to sleep the fight before and did most of the damage in 1 round.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:07 pm

cheekynffc wrote:

I wouldn't not say that isn't a crazy idea.

cyclops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153   Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anderson Silva vs Stephen Bonnar @ 153
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next