Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kurt Angle withdraws as WSOF announcer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Kurt Angle withdraws as WSOF announcer Empty
PostSubject: Kurt Angle withdraws as WSOF announcer   Kurt Angle withdraws as WSOF announcer EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:08 pm

Kurt Angle ‏@RealKurtAngle
As Requested that I Must Announce, I will not be Commentating @mmaworldseries Nov3 on NBC Sports,Due to A Conflict of Interested

MMAJunkie is reporting that the conflict was over his contract with TNA Wrestling.

A contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling has forced Kurt Angle to give up a commentary job at the World Series of Fighting's inaugural event.

"There's a conflict of interest, so he won't be able to do the (Nov.) 3 show," WSOF President Ray Sefo said, adding the split was amicable. A replacement has yet to be found.

Updated: I just read this.

I reached out to Ray Sefo, who heads up the new organization to get some clarification, and this is what he had to say via text:

I'm confirming that Kurt won't be doing the commentary due to a conflict of interest with Viacom. I'm told it's just for now, until a few things are sorted out. Renzo Gracie will be replacing Kurt Angle on the commentary team.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Kurt Angle withdraws as WSOF announcer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angle withdraws as WSOF announcer   Kurt Angle withdraws as WSOF announcer EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:53 pm

That sucks Kurt. No way to treat a gold medalist thar.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

Kurt Angle withdraws as WSOF announcer
Page 1 of 1