Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

K-1 star Tyrone Spong announces MMA debut for Titan FC event on Nov. 2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

K-1 star Tyrone Spong announces MMA debut for Titan FC event on Nov. 2 Empty
PostSubject: K-1 star Tyrone Spong announces MMA debut for Titan FC event on Nov. 2   K-1 star Tyrone Spong announces MMA debut for Titan FC event on Nov. 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 3:50 pm

Things are heating up in the heart of America.

That's because K-1 kickboxing star Tyrone Spong recently announced his mixed martial arts (MMA) debut on Inside MMA, which the Dutch-Surinamese fighter says will take place under the Titan FC banner in Kansas City on Nov. 2, 2012.

"I was usually the smaller guy, so I didn't have to cut weight. So now, I'll be fighting at 205 (pounds) and I'll be happy to face anyone that Titan will offer me."

No opponent has been named at this time.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

K-1 star Tyrone Spong announces MMA debut for Titan FC event on Nov. 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: K-1 star Tyrone Spong announces MMA debut for Titan FC event on Nov. 2   K-1 star Tyrone Spong announces MMA debut for Titan FC event on Nov. 2 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 2:14 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/11/7/3613420/tyrone-spong-wants-to-be-the-bo-jackson-of-combat-sports
After a much anticipated MMA debut, Tyrone Spong is sitting on top of the world. While his opponent might not have been the first choice, he was the only choice, due to seven other fighters turning down the opportunity to get pieced up by the kickboxing superstar. The first win is now firmly under his belt, and the wheels are moving forward. With two more fights on his WSOF contract and a four fight deal with Glory, there is no lack of opportunity for Spong to continue entertaining the masses with exciting fights.

So, what's next? If it's left up to him, he'd like to become the Bo Jackson of combat sports. Right after his devastating finish of Travis Bartlett, he expressed a desire to fight Vitali Klitschko, and for the record, he wants it to be a boxing match. I spoke with Tyrone yesterday, and got some clarification on why he called out the world champion boxer. Here's what he had to say:

Quote :
You know, the thing is, and I don't know how you say it in proper English, because it's more of a Dutch thing, but it comes down to everybody having to focus on what they're good at. I'm good at fighting. Period. Whether it's MMA, kickboxing or boxing, I'm a natural born fighter. People will always judge. They will always say things like, 'You're crazy, you're just trying to promote yourself' or whatever else they say. Just leave the fighting to the fighters. I'm a fighter. I know what I'm doing.

Look at the competition these guys are getting. With all due respect, they're not getting that much competition. I know they're good, but they're also human, and every human is beatable. The heavyweight division in boxing isn't that great right now, and it isn't that exciting. I think that I can add some excitement. I'm just that type of athlete. I can adjust, no matter what I do.

I've been Michael Grant's sparring partner for a while now, and he's a pretty high level boxer. If I get a fight, and focus on the training, I know I could do it. It's not a matter of me being disrespectful. People don't understand that. I just like a challenge. You have to focus on what you're best in, like I said earlier. I'm best in fighting, no matter what platform it is. I have a passion for fighting, and I enjoy doing it. I could be the Bo Jackson of the fight world. People can say whatever they want, but as long as I go in there and perform my best, I'm happy.
Back to top Go down

K-1 star Tyrone Spong announces MMA debut for Titan FC event on Nov. 2
Page 1 of 1