Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Josh Thompson vs Caros Fodor added to "SF:Melendez vs Healy"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Josh Thompson vs Caros Fodor added to "SF:Melendez vs Healy" Empty
PostSubject: Josh Thompson vs Caros Fodor added to "SF:Melendez vs Healy"   Josh Thompson vs Caros Fodor added to "SF:Melendez vs Healy" EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:08 am

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30277/josh-thomson-vs-caros-fodor-slotted-for-strikeforce-melendez-vs-healy.mma
Josh Thomson (19-5 MMA, 10-3 SF) said he's slotted to fight fellow lightweight Caros Fodor (7-2 MMA, 5-1 SF) next month at "Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Healy."

Although Strikeforce officials have made no announcement, Thomson revealed the bout to Sherdog.

"Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Healy" takes place takes place Sept. 29 at Power Balance Arena in Sacramento, Calif.

The night's main card airs on Showtime following prelims on Showtime Extreme. Thomson vs. Healy likely will be part of the main card.

Thomson fights for the first time since an unsuccessful attempt in May to reclaim the lightweight title from highly ranked Gilbert Melendez. It was the third meeting between the two fighters; Thomson won the first meeting in 2008 and held the title for a year and a half before a loss to Melendez in the rematch. The recent third meeting ended via split decision, though Strikeforce officials recently said a fourth meeting is unlikely.

Thomson, an American Kickboxing Academy fighter, looks to end a recent 1-2 skid when he meets Fodor, a Matt Hume-trained AMC Pankration fighter who won his first five Strikeforce fights (which included a 13-second knockout of fellow contender Justin Wilcox) to climb into title contention. However, in a pivotal bout with Pat Healy in March, the former U.S. Marine suffered a submission loss, and the title shot went to his opponent.

The latest "Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Healy" lineup includes:

Champ Gilbert Melendez vs. Pat Healy (for lightweight title)
Adriano Martins vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg
Caros Fodor vs. Josh Thomson*
Quinn Mulhern vs. Jorge Santiago*
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Josh Thompson vs Caros Fodor added to "SF:Melendez vs Healy"   Josh Thompson vs Caros Fodor added to "SF:Melendez vs Healy" EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:31 am

Meh. The fans need to beg and plead for more crossovers.

Thompson vs. Diego.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Josh Thompson vs Caros Fodor added to "SF:Melendez vs Healy"   Josh Thompson vs Caros Fodor added to "SF:Melendez vs Healy" EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:36 am

jewzilla wrote:
Meh. The fans need to beg and plead for more crossovers.

Thompson vs. Diego.
Lorenzo said the crossovers won't be happening.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Josh Thompson vs Caros Fodor added to "SF:Melendez vs Healy"   Josh Thompson vs Caros Fodor added to "SF:Melendez vs Healy" EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:43 am

Jewzilla said we should beg and plead.

I challenge Lorenzo to a TRT bicep contest. Winner calls the shots.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Josh Thompson vs Caros Fodor added to "SF:Melendez vs Healy"   Josh Thompson vs Caros Fodor added to "SF:Melendez vs Healy" EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 12:44 pm

I like this fight.

I have Thomson, but Fodor is still a guy that could continue moving the right direction. His fight with Healy was close if I remember correctly, it could of very well been him on the road to a title fight had that gone different.

The real problem is what happens if Thomson wins? Good chance he does. With Strikeforce being terminal, it's a problem.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Josh Thompson vs Caros Fodor added to "SF:Melendez vs Healy"   Josh Thompson vs Caros Fodor added to "SF:Melendez vs Healy" EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 12:52 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I like this fight.

I have Thomson, but Fodor is still a guy that could continue moving the right direction. His fight with Healy was close if I remember correctly, it could of very well been him on the road to a title fight had that gone different.

The real problem is what happens if Thomson wins? Good chance he does. With Strikeforce being terminal, it's a problem.
Could they possibly push for another Gil fight? Assuming Gil gets by Healy. Considering how close the last fight was. I wouldn't be surprised to see Green vs Couture for a title shot. What else is there? Maybe they have Thompson vs Masvidal if Josh wins?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Josh Thompson vs Caros Fodor added to "SF:Melendez vs Healy"   Josh Thompson vs Caros Fodor added to "SF:Melendez vs Healy" EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 1:42 pm

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
I like this fight.

Could they possibly push for another Gil fight? Assuming Gil gets by Healy. Considering how close the last fight was. I wouldn't be surprised to see Green vs Couture for a title shot. What else is there? Maybe they have Thompson vs Masvidal if Josh wins?

Well u know Josh will be pushing for it. Was pushing for it directly after the 3rd fight.

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Josh Thompson vs Caros Fodor added to "SF:Melendez vs Healy"   Josh Thompson vs Caros Fodor added to "SF:Melendez vs Healy" EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 1:43 pm

And I'm not stoked for this matchup, just feel Josh should get a bigger name. Not that there are alot to choose from, but still.

Not thrilled with any of the matchups announced so far actually.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Josh Thompson vs Caros Fodor added to "SF:Melendez vs Healy"   Josh Thompson vs Caros Fodor added to "SF:Melendez vs Healy" EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:57 pm

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
I like this fight.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30322/strikeforces-bobby-green-asks-for-more-notice-couture-or-noons-as-next-opponent.mma
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Josh Thompson vs Caros Fodor added to "SF:Melendez vs Healy"   Josh Thompson vs Caros Fodor added to "SF:Melendez vs Healy" Empty

Back to top Go down

Josh Thompson vs Caros Fodor added to "SF:Melendez vs Healy"
Page 1 of 1