Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory

Go down 
+3
OU
killerofchicken
KingsOwn19
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory Empty
PostSubject: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:36 am

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:15 am

Wow it's about time! Finally a kick ass free card. Please no injuries
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:30 am

Ultimate Fighting Championship's lightweight title will be defended on network television.

USA TODAY Sports and MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) confirmed with UFC officials that current lightweight champion Benson Henderson (17-2 MMA, 5-0 UFC) will face Nate Diaz (16-7, 11-5) at UFC on FOX 5, which takes place Dec. 8 at a host site to be announced.

A light-heavyweight matchup between former champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (21-6, 5-4) and Alexander Gustafsson (14-1, 6-1) serves as the night's co-feature, and a B.J. Penn (16-8-2, 12-7-2) vs. Rory MacDonald (13-1, 4-1) fight also has been rebooked for the card.

A fourth main-card fight is expected to be added to the FOX broadcast in the coming weeks.

Henderson headlined this past weekend's UFC 150 event and scored the first successful defense of his title with a split-decision victory over Frankie Edgar, whom he also narrowly defeated in February to win the title. Despite the close nature of the rematch, UFC President Dana White immediately made it clear that Diaz, who was promised a title shot following a May win over Jim Miller, would get the next crack at the belt.

Rua returns to action following a victory over Brandon Vera earlier this month in UFC on FOX 4's headliner. The Brazilian had an opportunity to earn a title shot against the winner of next month's UFC 151 headliner of champ Jon Jones vs. Dan Henderson, but fellow ex-champ Lyoto Machida leapfrogged him with an impressive stoppage of Ryan Bader.

Rua now faces Gustafsson, who's been inactive since an April win over Thiago Silva in his native Sweden. "The Mauler," one of the light-heavyweight division's top prospects, currently boasts a five-fight win streak. A win over a former champ would serve as a signature victory and propel Gustafsson to serious title consideration.

MacDonald and Penn, meanwhile, initially were slated to co-headline next month's UFC 152 event in Toronto. However, MacDonald suffered a cut in training that required 38 stitches, and the bout was postponed.

Penn, a former two-division champ and future UFC Hall of Famer, hasn't fought since a loss this past October to Nick Diaz at UFC 137. The young MacDonald, meanwhile, recently posted a dominant second-round TKO of Che Mills in UFC 145's co-headliner in April, which marked his third consecutive victory.

UFC on FOX 5 is the fourth and final UFC event to air on network TV this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:32 am

Wow, great card. Great test for Gustafsson. Winner gets Jones-Hendo winner.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:06 am

freakzilla wrote:
Er? Machida?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:11 am

killerofchicken wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Er? Machida?

The Jones-Hendo winner will beat Machida Wink
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:55 am

Awesome card. This is the kind of card that can get that # back up there. Probably still won't top the 1st FOX event but I bet it can come close to doubling the current average for the FOX shows. Especially if this card really is on a Saturday not featuring college football and if they take full advantage of advertising during NFL games. They said there where going big for this card and they are off to a great start. Hopefully they finally get 5 fights on the card like they intended in the past. Hopefully they add 2 other quality fights to show on FOX. I guess the Cowboy-Pettis fight will be on the JDS-Cain card. That would have been a great add to this card.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:55 am

Ok then I guess Ninja's thread wasn't so accurate.

Extremely risky fight for Shogun, I wonder if he was forced into this.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:58 am

Can't wait thats a badass card, I'm gonna go apeshit, 3 of my favorite fighters and BJ himself on a free card it don't get no better
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:11 am

Ali wrote:

Not sure what is options would be at this point? Maybe Rashad since he wants 1 more fight at LHW? Lil Nog would have been a great option. Not sure why that fight couldn't get done? But outside of those 2 there isn't much for Shogun to pick from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:25 am

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Not sure what is options would be at this point? Maybe Rashad since he wants 1 more fight at LHW? Lil Nog would have been a great option. Not sure why that fight couldn't get done? But outside of those 2 there isn't much for Shogun to pick from.

Considering how Rua's looked lately and his reluctance to face Glover I am a little surprised he accepted this, another tall awkward opponent like Gusta is going to mean paying more hospital bills.

Doing tuf with Lil Nog would have been a wiser choice.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:28 am

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Considering how Rua's looked lately and his reluctance to face Glover I am a little surprised he accepted this, another tall awkward opponent like Gusta is going to mean paying more hospital bills.

Doing tuf with Lil Nog would have been a wiser choice.
Well to be fair Gus is much closer to a title shot then Glover. Gus has more fights in the UFC(7) and even headlined a FUEL show. So he is a bigger name that is higher ranked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:36 am

Those tv producers will need to be swift at catching out Nate flipping Bendo the bird Laughing
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:47 am

This is exactly what I was saying they should do with the FOX show. No more fucking around. This will go well. They will be glad they listened.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:18 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Wow it's about time! Finally a kick ass free card. Please no injuries

Ugh shogun v Vera and machida v badar. Or Evans v Davis, sonnen v bisping, and weidman v maia.

2 stacked Fox cards.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:42 pm

Really?

There has only been one UFX on Fox fight as big or bigger than these three announced fights. It was Cain vs JDS.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:54 pm

Here is a couple fights I think they should consider to add to the card. Hopefully they make it a 5 fight card, that was always the plan for FOX events.

They should put 2 of these three against eachother. Lauzon-Maynard-Miller. Pick 2 and match them up.
Werdum vs Nog rematch.
Hunt vs Struve-Stipe winner.
Miguel Torres vs Faber
MTB vs Lamas or Zombie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:25 pm

I think they'll add a fight involving the little guys.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:42 pm

I'd say a Korean Zombie bout for the curtain jerker would be money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:43 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I'd say a Korean Zombie bout for the curtain jerker would be money.

Suspect that sounds rude to me.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 9:54 am

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30214/ufc-on-fox-5-odds-champ-henderson-opens-as-heavy-favorite-over-diaz.mma
Quote :
Noted and influential MMA oddsmaker Joey Oddessa has set an opening "Odessa line" with Henderson at -340 and Diaz at +260, which makes the champ an approximate 3-to-1 favorite.

Light-heavyweight contender Alexander Gustafsson (-145) is a small favorite over former champ Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (+115), who recently headlined UFC on FOX 4 but didn't put away underdog Brandon Vera until the fourth round.

Additionally, after their bout was scratched from UFC 152 and rebooked for UFC on FOX 5, fast-rising welterweight prospect Rory MacDonald (-285) is a nearly 3-to-1 favorite over former two-division champ B.J. Penn (+225)
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:12 am

I understand BJ being the underdog in this fight with Rory but I don't think he should be THAT big of an underdog.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:16 am

MMAEYES wrote:
I understand BJ being the underdog in this fight with Rory but I don't think he should be THAT big of an underdog.
I don't think either BJ or Nate should be 3 to 1 dogs. Also think the Shogun-Gus fight should be a push.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:22 am

Holy shit I completely missed that one, Bendo will be a tough fight for Nate just like Rory for BJ but 3 to 1 is BS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:39 am

How the hell is Rua the underdog?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory   UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC on Fox 5 gets Bendo-Diaz, Shogun-Gustafsson, Prodigy-Rory
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next