Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set

Go down 
+6
Andrew the Raider King
Thomasdrrn09
KingsOwn19
Farmer1906
acccardinal12
Ninja
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set Empty
PostSubject: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:34 pm

At the end of the year card in December.

Rumored card:

JDS vs Cain 2

Nate vs Benson

Chael vs Forrest

Cowboy vs Pettis
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:43 pm

Also Chael will be at 205 until he retires.
He said his physical health was deteriorating cutting to 185.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:53 pm

Greatest thread ever for two reasons Ninja....and i love the card.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:54 pm

I got Forrest.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:59 pm

Forrest is in trouble unless he can land a triangle.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:13 am

i got Griffin
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:43 am

Chael via actually caring
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:52 am

Thomasdrrn09 wrote:
Chael via actually caring

I'm actually curious to see how motivated Sonnen is post-losing the biggest fight he'll ever be in for the rest of his career. Sonnen is in limbo now. Im not sure if anybody believes he'll go far at LHW and even if he stayed at MW he was pretty much never gonna get another crack at Spider...he is already no longer motivated to make the weight cut and seems to be becoming comfortable sitting at a table. It would not surprise me if Sonnen loses a lot of the edge he had over the past few years. That can't help when you're a pretty one dimensional fighter.

Chael is gonna be fighting a bigger and maybe stronger fella who has a good grappling and submission game and is just a mroe well rounded fighter...and who knows? Chael might run his mouth to much too keep up appearances with his contrived gimmick and wake up Forrest. I don't like the matchup. I think Forrest.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:42 am

Chael is going to fuck him up and I can't wait!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:53 am

Not really psyched for this but at least Chael's moving to LHW.

I had a funny feeling Nate vs. Bendo was going to be the co main event for this card when Dana said him and Lorenzo had an idea for it in that interview with Ariel.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:02 am

Forrest is going to dominate and finish Chael. Book it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:54 am

Will this be the first fight between two fighters who use TRT ?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:13 am

Good match making, I think this is pretty even.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:16 am

fuck you Chael Sonnen fans.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:44 am

I'll welcome all bets from you delusional Chael followers.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:16 pm

I'm big fans of both but I just don't like Forrest's chances stopping the takedown after old man Tito was able to get griffin down multiple times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:21 pm

Tito is a much bigger fighter than Sonnen. Also against Sonnen he will be ready for the takedowns as that's Sonnen's only weapon.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:23 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
I'm big fans of both but I just don't like Forrest's chances stopping the takedown after old man Tito was able to get griffin down multiple times.
Old man Tito is bigger, stronger and probably more explosive then Chael. He also has better submission defense. I think Bighead could beat Chael.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:17 pm

Quote :
"A change is always nice. You do the same thing over and over, you’re always looking for change. 185 is the toughest weight class out there. We sent our champion (Silva) up to face their [former] champion, Forrest Griffin (in 2009). It lasted 93 seconds. There’s no debate to what the toughest weight class is. They used to have a karate guy (Lyoto Machida) that was champion at that weight. I don’t think there’s gonna be much left of [Jones] when Dan Henderson gets done with him. If there’s anything left of him, I’d be happy to play cleanup."
Quote :

Jon Bones JonesVerified ‏@JonnyBones
@sonnench If you're going to disrespect me out of nowhere, at least disrespect me to my face like a man.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:19 pm

i think Chael will retire Forrest
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:24 pm

Quote :
Jon Bones Jones
@JonnyBones

@sonnench and you call me a punk, I'm more man than you'll ever be. #Coward #Cheater
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:24 pm

OU wrote:
Quote :
"A change is always nice. You do the same thing over and over, you’re always looking for change. 185 is the toughest weight class out there. We sent our champion (Silva) up to face their [former] champion, Forrest Griffin (in 2009). It lasted 93 seconds. There’s no debate to what the toughest weight class is. They used to have a karate guy (Lyoto Machida) that was champion at that weight. I don’t think there’s gonna be much left of [Jones] when Dan Henderson gets done with him. If there’s anything left of him, I’d be happy to play cleanup."
Quote :

Jon Bones JonesVerified ‏@JonnyBones
@sonnench If you're going to disrespect me out of nowhere, at least disrespect me to my face like a man.

And so it has begun.

Machida will get injured, wont fight Jones.

Machida will move to 185, Anderson vacates.

Chael beats Forrest.

Chael campaigns and gets fight with Bones after Hendo.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:25 pm

Quote :
@JonnyBones
Jon Bones Jones @sonnench the things you say about me hold absolutely no weight, you disrespected Anderson and his country but fought like a child.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:30 pm

damn it Chael, don't make me agree with Bones Jones on shit, lol
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:54 pm

And Chale Sonnen's greatest asset as a mixed martial artist returns.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set   Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set Empty

Back to top Go down

Sonnen vs Forrest 2 set
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next