Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?

Go down 
+2
GDPofDRC
OU
6 posters

How do you feel about Frankie Edgar?
Love him, big fan. He always fights hard.
How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?  Vote_lcap38%How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?  Vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
Like him, enjoy watching him fight.
How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?  Vote_lcap0%How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Don't care for him. I'll watch him fight but he doesn't do much for me.
How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?  Vote_lcap38%How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?  Vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
Don't like him. I don't like watching him fight, can't stand his style.
How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?  Vote_lcap24%How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?  Vote_rcap
 24% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?  Empty
PostSubject: How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?    How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:29 pm

Not as a person. I'm sure most people like him as a person or atleast don't have anything bad to say about him. But how do you feel about him as a fighter? Do you enjoy watching his fights? Do you root for Frankie?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?    How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:35 pm

Like him, but as a fighter he doesn't do much for me.

Simply put, he has 145 minutes of title fight in his last 6 fights and very few, not none, but few moments where I was genuinely entertained by what he was doing. That is a long, long time to be in the cage and have the results he has had.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?    How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:41 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Like him, but as a fighter he doesn't do much for me.

Simply put, he has 145 minutes of title fight in his last 6 fights and very few, not none, but few moments where I was genuinely entertained by what he was doing. That is a long, long time to be in the cage and have the results he has had.

Yeah I have said before that Frankie frustrates me as much as he does his opponent. He has a frustrating style. The more I see him, the less I want to see him. But I kind of feel like an asshole for disliking him as a fighter because he seems like a genuinely good person.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?    How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:56 pm

It's just a fucked up situation involving Frankie. It's not just his fights that are frustrating but his career as Champion/contender has been frustrating. Just how I viewed his fights. So it starts out with him winning a BS decision over BJ Penn. Had the decision gone the way I feel it should have gone Frankie wouldn't have received a rematch and who knows how is career goes. But it didn't, so they fought again. Frankie wins the rematch without question. But still, it was a fight I don't think he deserved to be in. Then we go to the 2nd Maynard fight. I felt he lost that fight as well, although it was very close. But personally I felt he lost square enough that he shouldn't have got a rematch. But it was scored a draw so we had to run it back. Then he puts Maynard away, but again a fight I don't think he should have been in. We then go to Bendo 1. A fight I thought Frankie clearly lost, no controversy in my eyes. But he is awarded a rematch. Again he is in another fight I don't think he is deserving of. Then he goes out and fights an extremely close fight, but one I was fairly confident in saying he won. But this time he gets the short end of the decision. For the first time in his career this time, he finally put on a performance deserving of a rematch. But for the first time, he doesn't get it. I mean damn, that's a frustrating chain of events right there. But because of his history, I don't feel too sorry for him.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?    How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 7:35 pm

I'm between these 2.

Like him, enjoy watching him fight.
--
Don't overly like him, but I'll always catch his fights even though he's not a finisher.
--
Don't care for him. I'll watch him fight but he doesn't do much for me.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?    How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:12 pm

It's hard to have any sympathy for Frankie here just because he didn't deserve any of the rematches to begin with, especially when his style will almost always end in a 25 minute decision where it is clear he's not trying to do anything but score points. The fact that he was content to fight the same exact way he did when he lost the belt to Bendo just seems like he has no intention to change it up, be more aggressive, or do anything differently.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?    How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:28 am

I like him. Yes, his fights with Penn sucked..and of course, if the Abu Dhabi heist never took place chances are Edgar would have never main evented a PPV but i like Frankie as a fighter because he seems like an ordinary fighter but does big things.

He's a small LW but arguably the best at the weight class(i thought he won the other night), he's tough and has tons of heart, and hard to complain about his style because thats the best style for him and he works. I don't view him as a passive fighter and his punches arent very powerful...but he engages enough to keep me off his back.

Also hard to complain about his style when most of his fights during his reign were good to epic outside of his bouts with Penn. Both Maynard fights were great, mainly because of Edgar's performance and the first Henderson fight was very good as well. The second Henderson fight was only decent, but im fine with Frankie's style and enjoy watching him fight..i just don't feel talent wise that he is as good as his accomplishments.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?    How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:21 am

Frankie is obviously an elite fighter but as a fan I don't like his style of fighting to win a dec. That being said I didn't get to see this last fight with Bendo.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?    How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:01 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I like him. Yes, his fights with Penn sucked..and of course, if the Abu Dhabi heist never took place chances are Edgar would have never main evented a PPV but i like Frankie as a fighter because he seems like an ordinary fighter but does big things.

He's a small LW but arguably the best at the weight class(i thought he won the other night), he's tough and has tons of heart, and hard to complain about his style because thats the best style for him and he works. I don't view him as a passive fighter and his punches arent very powerful...but he engages enough to keep me off his back.

Also hard to complain about his style when most of his fights during his reign were good to epic outside of his bouts with Penn. Both Maynard fights were great, mainly because of Edgar's performance and the first Henderson fight was very good as well. The second Henderson fight was only decent, but im fine with Frankie's style and enjoy watching him fight..i just don't feel talent wise that he is as good as his accomplishments.
I just don't see it that way. He frustrates me far more then he entertains me. He just creates such frustrating fights and while his style is great for him and great at not allowing his opponents to execute their game plans, it just creates less action. Movement alone is not action. I know it's smart defense but I don't enjoy watching it. I don't enjoy watching Frankie shuffle around, especially when he isn't doing anything significant offensively. The most enjoyable moments in his fights have been his spectacular recoveries when he is hurt. You have to admire his heart. But his style is designed to prevent exchanges and his defense prevents action. It gets old for me as a fan. Honestly, it sounds harsh, but at this point I don't care if I ever see him fight again. He frustrates me that much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?    How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?  Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you feel about Frankie Edgar as a fighter?
Page 1 of 1