Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?

Go down 
+6
GDPofDRC
GolbeZ
Birdofthad
Farmer1906
acccardinal12
OU
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Ben Henderson
Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? Vote_lcap40%Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Frankie Edgar
Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? Vote_lcap10%Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Gilbert Melendez
Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? Vote_lcap40%Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Nate Diaz
Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? Vote_lcap10%Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
BJ Penn
Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? Vote_lcap0%Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage

Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? Empty
PostSubject: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:48 pm

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Why is BJ Penn an option? I think both Chandler and Maynard would be better options at this point.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:56 pm

Bendo has the UFC title so he gets my nod.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:01 pm

OU wrote:
Why is BJ Penn an option? I think both Chandler and Maynard would be better options at this point.

No one would vote Maynard or Chandler number 1. I just put Penn in their for his followers and to see whether they would still vote him in or if they are more realistic now.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:03 pm

Bendo deserves the "#1 ranking" for now but pettits takes it next year around april
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:20 pm

I voted Gil because all 3 of the realistic canidates have ?s from their last fight. But Gil would be most deserving of "Best LW in the World" at the moment IMO.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:24 pm

hate to say it but Josh Thomson has more reason to be on that list than BJ
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
hate to say it but Josh Thomson has more reason to be on that list than BJ
No he doesn't. If anything it's equal. They both have no right being on the list. None.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:39 pm

Can I vote Aldo? Bendo though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:44 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
Can I vote Aldo? Bendo though

I can't wait to see Aldo at 155. I think he could dominate.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:47 pm

I couldn't help but think that Gil and Nate were saying to each other at cage side as they watched Edgar vs Bendo II, "For realz?? We would fuck up both these fools.""I know right!"
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:55 pm

I think they can all kick eachothers asses. I dont see a definitive best right now. Too much talent in the divison.

If I am forced to pick right now, I have to say Henderson because he is the champ in the best MMA promotion there is.

And yeah I am with freak about Aldo. I think he will come in and wreck faces and legs.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:58 pm

jewzilla wrote:
I think they can all kick eachothers asses. I dont see a definitive best right now. Too much talent in the divison.

If I am forced to pick right now, I have to say Henderson because he is the champ in the best MMA promotion there is.

And yeah I am with freak about Aldo. I think he will come in and wreck faces and legs.

excuse me .. i said it before Freak thank you.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 3:02 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
jewzilla wrote:

Lol my bad dude I wasnt even paying attention. I knew that good idea wasnt something freak could have came up with himself...

Props to Golbez for the Aldo idea, not freak.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 3:13 pm

jewzilla wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:
jewzilla wrote:

Lol my bad dude I wasnt even paying attention. I knew that good idea wasnt something freak could have came up with himself...

Props to Golbez for the Aldo idea, not freak.

I am just a lonely person and I want everyone to be with me and freak tried to steal you from me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 3:18 pm

Lol, fuck you dicks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 3:48 pm

OU wrote:
I voted Gil because all 3 of the realistic canidates have ?s from their last fight. But Gil would be most deserving of "Best LW in the World" at the moment IMO.
Gill doesn't have a ? In his last fight?a fight most saw him losing?

BJ AND Edgar have no business on this list as they both lost 2 in a row at lw
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 4:07 pm

OU wrote:

Because a motivated BJ is so invincible he could rematch Machida and KO him.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:30 pm

Out of the people that can make LW I think in terms of current greatness (regardless of record or H2H match ups) it goes something like this.

1. Aldo
2. Pettis
3. Edgar
4. Bendo
5. Maynard
6. Gil
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Out of the people that can make LW I think in terms of current greatness (regardless of record or H2H match ups) it goes something like this.

1. Aldo
2. Pettis
3. Edgar
4. Bendo
5. Maynard
6. Gil

I hold Pettis up there, and he will solidify himself if he beats Cowboy. I expect fireworks with that one.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 10:11 pm

Watched Nate's last two fights... I'm buyin. I think he beats Bendo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 10:46 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Watched Nate's last two fights... I'm buyin. I think he beats Bendo.

Shit I forgot about Nate. He's probably 6th or 7th.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:23 am

jewzilla wrote:

i agree with that bit, nobody has put their hand up and set themself apart.

if this were boxing i reckon the ring title would be vacant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:32 am

cheekynffc wrote:
jewzilla wrote:

i agree with that bit, nobody has put their hand up and set themself apart.

if this were boxing i reckon the ring title would be vacant.

No it wouldn't. Penn would've had it and lost it to Edgar. Bendo would be holding it right now.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:22 am

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
Gill doesn't have a ? In his last fight?a fight most saw him losing?

BJ AND Edgar have no business on this list as they both lost 2 in a row at lw
I think more people were in agreement that Bendo lost then Gil lost. There were plenty of sites that gave that fight to Gil. There wasn't a single site that gave that fight to Bendo. Looks like close to 75% of the fans think Frankie beat Bendo. Don't think the # is that high for Gil-Thompson. More people disagree with this decision then that decision, alot more people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world?   Who's the number 1 Lightweight in the world? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next