Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Love or Religion?

Go down 
+3
Farmer1906
killerofchicken
GDPofDRC
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Love or Religion?
Love
Love or Religion? - Page 2 Vote_lcap78%Love or Religion? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 78% [ 7 ]
Religion
Love or Religion? - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Love or Religion? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage

Love or Religion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:58 pm

OU wrote:
Sounds like your lady friends needs to do some soul searching and figure out what she thinks is right and what she thinks is wrong. Can't sit on the fence on this, it won't work. But not only that she needs to determine how far she will go to do what she feels is right. Good luck with your situation, but based on the information given, she has a long ways to go.

Thanks man. Even after we broke up 2 days ago she kept telling me that she loves me and misses me terribly. I said to her about 2 hours ago that I'm gonna stop communicating with her and give her space to figure out what she wants. Thanks for the advice.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 1:06 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
Sounds like your lady friends needs to do some soul searching and figure out what she thinks is right and what she thinks is wrong. Can't sit on the fence on this, it won't work. But not only that she needs to determine how far she will go to do what she feels is right. Good luck with your situation, but based on the information given, she has a long ways to go.

Thanks man. Even after we broke up 2 days ago she kept telling me that she loves me and misses me terribly. I said to her about 2 hours ago that I'm gonna stop communicating with her and give her space to figure out what she wants. Thanks for the advice.
No problem, hope it all works out for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 1:12 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

No problem, hope it all works out for you.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. She's been really good for me. Haven't you seen a change in me this year compared to last tongue
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 4:23 pm

Well its arleady cut and dry changes to her life will be made, her unborn children will not be able to choose their religion. I would suppose thats a pretty big concern for a highly religious person
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:10 pm

I am an agnostic so love.

I don't really care though people are free to believe and follow which ever faith gives them solitude.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:12 pm

freakzilla wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
Good question.

Love conquers all.

No it doesn't. Just broke up with my GF because she was too scared to take the risk of losing her family. I'm Muslim and she's Italian Catholic but her parents said they will never accept me and that if she stays with me they will disown her.

I am sorry to hear that Freak, stay strong brother.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:34 pm

religion has no play in my life. ive gone done split my ways with it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Ali wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
Good question.

Love conquers all.

No it doesn't. Just broke up with my GF because she was too scared to take the risk of losing her family. I'm Muslim and she's Italian Catholic but her parents said they will never accept me and that if she stays with me they will disown her.

I am sorry to hear that Freak, stay strong brother.

Thanks mate, I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:59 pm

Serious question here, Freak. Hypothetical if you will. Had none of this with her parents come to a head or whatever and she had their blessing what style wedding would it have been? I don't know much about how wedding ceremonies are performed in islam(if it differs from the catholic style wedding at all, and if so how), but would there be a split type scenario, two weddings or just one wedding and if only one what kind?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:04 pm

I said I'd be willing to get married in a church as long as the bible had nothing to do with it and it was a marriage celebrant not a priest doing it.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Cu Bu wrote:
Well its arleady cut and dry changes to her life will be made, her unborn children will not be able to choose their religion. I would suppose thats a pretty big concern for a highly religious person

freakzilla"I said I'd be willing to get married in a church as long as the bible had nothing to do with it and it was a marriage celebrant not a priest doing it. "

looks like you got yourself a mexican standof

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 4:03 am

Cu Bu wrote:
Cu Bu wrote:

freakzilla"I said I'd be willing to get married in a church as long as the bible had nothing to do with it and it was a marriage celebrant not a priest doing it. "

awe hell no!!!

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 4:10 am

her parents shouldn't dictate her life, they will learn that the hard way.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:56 pm

Yeah it seems pretty unfair that you want her to compromise the religion she's grown up with her whole life for you, yet you won't do the same for her? I'm sure you don't want to hear it but you're placing her in just as much of a "between a rock and a hard place" position as her parents are here. Having a wedding in a christian church without a priest and bible is like having a big screen tv with no cable. Shit just doesn't work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:16 am

Well I would be sacrificing also. That's not how Muslims get married either.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:44 am

freakzilla wrote:

It isn't against Muslim beliefs to marry a non Muslim?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 3:55 am

freakzilla wrote:

How is it a sacrifice when the implication is that she can choose the place but the ceremony will be according to your religion? I'm just saying it's kind of unfair to her that the choice you've given her is that under no circumstances can a priest or bible be involved even if it's held in a church. You're asking her to basically forsake her religion in favor of allowing you to adhere to yours. It's like going half on a video game with a friend and telling them that they can keep it at their house but they can't play it there without you.

Maybe she isn't the only one who needs to do some soul searching here on love being more important than religion.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 8:51 am

killerofchicken wrote:
Cu Bu wrote:
Cu Bu wrote:

awe hell no!!!

Ninja
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:20 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

It isn't against Muslim beliefs to marry a non Muslim?
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
It doesn't make sense. I don't know the exact amount of love she has for her parents. I would never give up my religion though just so her parents would accept me.
So are you personally open to marrying someone of a different religion? Or would she need to convert? Does your religion allow you to marry someone of a different faith?

The only religions we are allowed to marry outside of Islam are Christianity and Judaism with the rule that our kids must be brought up Islamic.
Interesting, I wasn't aware that you were allowed to marry outside your faith. Are you obligated to attempt to convert them?

You can but you don't have to. We believe that Islam is basically an evolution of those 2 faiths and that's why we can marry only from them 2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:58 am

Ludo wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

How is it a sacrifice when the implication is that she can choose the place but the ceremony will be according to your religion? I'm just saying it's kind of unfair to her that the choice you've given her is that under no circumstances can a priest or bible be involved even if it's held in a church. You're asking her to basically forsake her religion in favor of allowing you to adhere to yours. It's like going half on a video game with a friend and telling them that they can keep it at their house but they can't play it there without you.

Maybe she isn't the only one who needs to do some soul searching here on love being more important than religion.

You seriously have just become a troll. That isn't how Muslims get married. I'm not going to bother responding to another of your messages ever.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:01 am

freakzilla wrote:
Ludo wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

You seriously have just become a troll. That isn't how Muslims get married. I'm not going to bother responding to another of your messages ever.
Try to look at it as playing devil's advocate. Giving a hard stance and saying the things you don't want to hear. Ultimately it's your choice on what advice you take, it's your life.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 2:30 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Ludo wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

You already barely respond to direct questions I ask you anyway. I was being serious and trying to give you another perspective to look at. But if you want to come off like I just "hiel hitler"d in front of holocaust survivors then that's cool too. Sometimes the truth hurts, though. Pro tip: if you don't want comments providing another point of view to consider then don't post personal things in open forums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 2:26 pm

Well we're back together. We just got to figure out how to tell her parents now.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 2:36 pm

Seeing as the real advice got an angry response:

Try wrapping a note around a brick and throwing it through the window, that always gets the point across.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:35 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Well we're back together. We just got to figure out how to tell her parents now.

Make up sex !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Love or Religion?   Love or Religion? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Love or Religion?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next