Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Hobbit now to be a trilogy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

The Hobbit now to be a trilogy Empty
PostSubject: The Hobbit now to be a trilogy   The Hobbit now to be a trilogy EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 11:18 am

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92873

Quote :
"That's a discussion we're having, yeah," Jackson told Hitfix in San Diego a couple of weeks ago. "We have certainly been talking to the studio about some of the material we can't film, and we've been asking them so we can do a bit more filming next year. Which, I don't know what would come of that, whether it'd be extended editions or whatnot. But those discussions are ongoing."

. “I'd like to shoot a bunch more material that we couldn't shoot,” he told Hitfix. “There's so much good stuff in the appendices that we haven't been able to squeeze into these movies.”

Last edited by Ali on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit now to be a trilogy   The Hobbit now to be a trilogy EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 12:18 pm

I don't see how they need more then 7 hours to make the Hobbitt. The two unnecessary hours in the 11 and a half hour long Lord of the Rings trilogy is, imo, it's biggest flaw, like the all the sleep inducing blah in King Kong. Jackson needs to cut the fluff. There is too much time spent panning and trying to create tones and moods established already.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit now to be a trilogy   The Hobbit now to be a trilogy EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 12:25 pm

Where was part 2?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit now to be a trilogy   The Hobbit now to be a trilogy EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 12:28 pm

The Hobbit gonna be in two movies. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: There and Back Again.

I think the stuff he is refereeing to must be from the Silmarillion.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit now to be a trilogy   The Hobbit now to be a trilogy EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 1:46 pm

The Silmarillion wouldn't make much sense to be honest. It would be several short pieces mashed together into a sort of compilation film.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit now to be a trilogy   The Hobbit now to be a trilogy EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 1:55 pm

Ludo wrote:
The Silmarillion wouldn't make much sense to be honest. It would be several short pieces mashed together into a sort of compilation film.
I like compilations...
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit now to be a trilogy   The Hobbit now to be a trilogy EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:55 pm

OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:
I like compilations...

You don't count. You haven't even seen the best films of the 90's.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit now to be a trilogy   The Hobbit now to be a trilogy EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:04 pm

Ludo wrote:
OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:
I like compilations...

You have any idea how long it takes to ride a horse 12 miles to the nearest movie store? Hell we didn't even get these magic picture boxes until 92.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit now to be a trilogy   The Hobbit now to be a trilogy EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:18 pm

OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:
OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:
I like compilations...

You have any idea how long it takes to ride a horse 12 miles to the nearest movie store? Hell we didn't even get these magic picture boxes until 92.

Didn't stop you from trading a mule for that there ybox or whatever.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit now to be a trilogy   The Hobbit now to be a trilogy EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:21 pm

Ludo wrote:
OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:
OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:
I like compilations...

Didn't stop you from trading a mule for that there ybox or whatever.
Who told you about my sex box? Was it BBC or killer? Mine! It's MINE!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit now to be a trilogy   The Hobbit now to be a trilogy EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:29 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit now to be a trilogy   The Hobbit now to be a trilogy EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:21 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
The Hobbit gonna be in two movies. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: There and Back Again.

I think the stuff he is refereeing to must be from the Silmarillion.

The appendices from LOTR is full of alot of backstory, my guess is they'll loot from that and increase the White Council scenes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit now to be a trilogy   The Hobbit now to be a trilogy EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:55 am

The Hobbit now to be a trilogy 62750

The Hobbit now to be a trilogy 62751
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit now to be a trilogy   The Hobbit now to be a trilogy EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 4:48 pm

It's official The Hobbit will be split into three movies for a trilogy.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=93086
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit now to be a trilogy   The Hobbit now to be a trilogy EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 4:50 pm

hmmm. Jackson is an idiot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit now to be a trilogy   The Hobbit now to be a trilogy EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 4:58 pm

Quote :
"It is only at the end of a shoot that you finally get the chance to sit down and have a look at the film you have made. Recently Fran, Phil and I did just this when we watched for the first time an early cut of the first movie - and a large chunk of the second. We were really pleased with the way the story was coming together, in particular, the strength of the characters and the cast who have brought them to life. All of which gave rise to a simple question: do we take this chance to tell more of the tale? And the answer from our perspective as the filmmakers, and as fans, was an unreserved ‘yes.'

We know how much of the story of Bilbo Baggins, the Wizard Gandalf, the Dwarves of Erebor, the rise of the Necromancer, and the Battle of Dol Guldur will remain untold if we do not take this chance. The richness of the story of The Hobbit, as well as some of the related material in the appendices of The Lord of the Rings, allows us to tell the full story of the adventures of Bilbo Baggins and the part he played in the sometimes dangerous, but at all times exciting, history of Middle-earth.

So, without further ado and on behalf of New Line Cinema, Warner Bros. Pictures, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Wingnut Films, and the entire cast and crew of The Hobbit films, I’d like to announce that two films will become three.

It has been an unexpected journey indeed, and in the words of Professor Tolkien himself, "a tale that grew in the telling."

Cheers,

Peter J"
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit now to be a trilogy   The Hobbit now to be a trilogy EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 5:01 pm

Translation: I want to write the screenplay for a bunch of reference notes JRRT wrote in the appendix of the LotR, and do even more wide panning shots of hills and grass and mountains and clouds then before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit now to be a trilogy   The Hobbit now to be a trilogy EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 5:08 pm

I have complete faith in Peter and I can't wait to return to Middle Earth this Decemeber. At least PJ has got the luxary of doing the job comprehensibly and won't leave fans unfifulled.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit now to be a trilogy   The Hobbit now to be a trilogy EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 5:16 pm

I'll be watching. Just hoping for less unneeded fluff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit now to be a trilogy   The Hobbit now to be a trilogy Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hobbit now to be a trilogy
Page 1 of 1