Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado

Go down 
+9
oggy420
acccardinal12
MMAEYES
Cu Bu
KingsOwn19
killerofchicken
Birdofthad
OU
GDPofDRC
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado   Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 3:07 am

cheekynffc wrote:
jewzilla wrote:
The guns/boner post was the most immature thing I have read on this board.

Bottom line is this Holmes guy could have just as easily made a bomb out of daily house hold items, and killed everyone. So lay off of the gun control garbage. Taking away guns would only hurt good citizens. Would be about as ignorant as the drug war.

Must be nice where you live cheeky. Gum drop mountains and pixie dust farts sound much better than this murderous hell hole we call the USA.

you can't complain about immature comments and then finish your post with a line like that. there are no gumdrop mountains or pixie dust farts where i live (whatever the fuck either of those things are) but i don't have to worry about getting shot up, because only a miniscule minority of people have easy access to guns. and those that do have them don't generally carry them because getting caught with one = a mandatory five year minimum jail term.

you and one or two others may find it distasteful if an incident like this turns up in a political discussion but the bottom line is it is a political issue. if gun laws aren't debated and changes made then all that happens is people bury their head in the sand until the next apparently random massacre.

if my argument is in bad taste, i'll back off. but to suggest that ease of access to firearms doesn't enable things like this to happen more often than they otherwise would is staggering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumbria_shootings
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungerford_massacre
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_massacre
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Behring_Breivik
http://www.statesman.com/news/world/english-shooting-rampage-kills-12-injures-25-723962.html

Once again, Holmes had a clean criminal record until he shot this theater up. No gun laws would have stopped him from acquiring a firearm legally. The only thing that could have been done differently is restricting his access to assault rifles.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado   Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:45 am

Ludo wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
jewzilla wrote:

Bottom line is this Holmes guy could have just as easily made a bomb out of daily house hold items, and killed everyone. So lay off of the gun control garbage. Taking away guns would only hurt good citizens. Would be about as ignorant as the drug war.

Must be nice where you live cheeky. Gum drop mountains and pixie dust farts sound much better than this murderous hell hole we call the USA.

you can't complain about immature comments and then finish your post with a line like that. there are no gumdrop mountains or pixie dust farts where i live (whatever the fuck either of those things are) but i don't have to worry about getting shot up, because only a miniscule minority of people have easy access to guns. and those that do have them don't generally carry them because getting caught with one = a mandatory five year minimum jail term.

you and one or two others may find it distasteful if an incident like this turns up in a political discussion but the bottom line is it is a political issue. if gun laws aren't debated and changes made then all that happens is people bury their head in the sand until the next apparently random massacre.

if my argument is in bad taste, i'll back off. but to suggest that ease of access to firearms doesn't enable things like this to happen more often than they otherwise would is staggering.

http://www.statesman.com/news/world/english-shooting-rampage-kills-12-injures-25-723962.html

Once again, Holmes had a clean criminal record until he shot this theater up. No gun laws would have stopped him from acquiring a firearm legally. The only thing that could have been done differently is restricting his access to assault rifles.

would you agree then that restricting access to assault rifles would be a start?

there isn't a citizen in america that has a legitimate need to own an automatic assault rifle.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado   Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:48 am

cheekynffc wrote:
Ludo wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
jewzilla wrote:

would you agree then that restricting access to assault rifles would be a start?

there isn't a citizen in america that has a legitimate need to own an automatic assault rifle.

I will agree that citizens have no need to own an automatic assualt rifle, yes. However eliminating civilian access to automatic assault weapons will not deter anyone so dedicated to doing something like what Holmes or any of the people in those links above.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado   Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 7:59 am

we may be about as close to agreement as we're likely to get at this point hahaha.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado   Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:29 am

Turning this story into a debate over gun laws just makes me sick. I can go get a gun right now from a very safe and comfortable location. Very affordable, very easy, nothing to it. I can get all the guns and ammo I want and I can do it cheap and fast. Anyone who really wants to can go on a public killing spree and there is no gun law that is going to stop that. But we are talking about psychopaths, these are sick, sick human beings. Gun laws will not stop these sick people from doing these kinds of things. We can't let these scum of the Earth dictate how the rest of us live. We can't let the extremely small minority effect the majority. This is a tragic situation, but making it about gun laws is just wrong. There are cold blooded murders out there and that's never going to change.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado   Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:31 pm

Sarcasm > poor use of profanity/name calling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado   Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:35 pm

Just read that Hans Zimmer (Composer for Bat trilogy) is going to compose a song for the vicitims and donote the proceeds to an Aurora charity.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=93026
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado   Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:01 pm

Steve Smith the WR for the Panthers donated 100,000 and is challenging other athletes and celebrities to donate to help the victims with medical bills.

I can't imagine getting someone severely injured, one, and then, two, trying to figure out how to pay for it," Smith said after arriving for the start of the Panthers training camp.

Smith made the donation to the city of Aurora, which will distribute the funds to the victims.

Smith is involved in a number of charitable organizations across the country, many of which go unnoticed.

But he says he made the donation public by having his agent send out a press release because he wanted to challenge others in high-profile positions to use their platform to step up and help contribute to the cause.

"Economic times are tough right now and (my family) has the means to do it," Smith said. "We have a chance to lead and hopefully other people will see that. People get prideful and say, 'Hey, this guy did that. Why don't I do more?' ... I don't think it's a publicity job, I think it's a chance for people to think about what are you here for? Are you here to store up your treasures or are you going to give it to people who are obviously in need?"
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado   Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:13 pm

cheekynffc, You need to watch The Fright to Creep and Scare Harms from Treehouse of Horror XIII.

http://www.casttv.com/video/ocz56k1/euxenio-simpsons-treehouse-of-horror-xiii-video (9 min mark)

Do you want that to happen?!?!?!??!!?!??!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado   Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 3:21 pm

Police in Maryland foiled what may have been a shooting plot on the scale of last week's massacre at an Aurora, Colo., movie theater, according to a report from WJLA-TV/ABC7.

The television station reported Friday that police took a 28-year-old man into custody Thursday night and found an "arsenal" of weapons at his apartment in Crofton, about 25 miles east of the nation's capital.

Police said that when they made contact with the suspect, he was wearing a T-shirt reading "Guns don't kill people. I do."

The man, identified in media reports as Neil Prescott, was in the process of being terminated from his job at mailroom supplier and document company Pitney Bowes in Prince George's County and "had made threats directed toward his employer," according to WJLA-TV.

Police would not confirm the name of the suspect, who is undergoing an emergency mental evaluation.

In last Friday's shooting in Colorado, 12 people were killed and nearly 60 were wounded. James Holmes, 24, the suspected shooter who allegedly opened fire on the unsuspecting movie theater audience, was arrested on the night of the shooting and is expected to be formally charged Monday.

An official with knowledge of the investigation told The Associated Press that Prescott phoned in a threat to Pitney Bowes that he was going to "shoot the place up." Investigators say a search of Prescott's home turned up more than 20 guns, including assault rifles and handguns, and more than 400 rounds of ammunition.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is unfolding.

The official says though the suspect referred to himself as "a joker," there is no other known connection to the deadly shooting last week at the Colorado movie theater during the latest Batman movie.

A law enforcement source told WJLA-TV that the foiled shooting plot "could have been another Aurora."

As WRC-TV/NBC4 reports, a search warrant states that Prescott told his employers "I'm gonna load my guns and blow everybody up."

Pitney Bowes spokeswoman Carol Wallace said in an emailed statement that Prescott was an employee of a subcontractor to the company and had not been on any Pitney Bowes property in more than four months.

The suspect was being held Friday at Anne Arundel Medical Center in Annapolis, where he was undergoing a psychological evaluation.

During a Friday afternoon press conference, law enforcement officials from Prince George's County and Anne Arundel County provided some additional detail about the multi-jurisdictional response to the alleged threats by the suspect to his employer. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms has been involved in the investigation as well.

"If you call your business, if you call a loved one, if you call anybody and you threaten to do harm, kill people, we're going to believe you, and we did," said Prince George's County Police Deputy Chief Hank Stawinski said during the news conference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado   Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Some nut job shot up the Batman preimere in Colorado
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4