Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

what do you think about Rosenthal now?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

what do you think about Rosenthal now? Empty
PostSubject: what do you think about Rosenthal now?   what do you think about Rosenthal now? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 2:46 pm

Should, or could he be fined for the late stoppage? I was screaming to stop the fight after the first punch on the ground and weidman landed around 8 more. With the ref being right there and letting it go makes me think a message should be sent.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about Rosenthal now?   what do you think about Rosenthal now? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 2:51 pm

Bonnar and Chael said last night post fight that Josh is a great ref, but he needs to be fined or suspended. They rely on those guys to protect them in those situations. Yes, he needs to be held accountable for that mistake. Some action needs to be taken. Nothing drastic, but something. BE counted 16 unanswered strikes after that elbow.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about Rosenthal now?   what do you think about Rosenthal now? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:08 pm

It was probably the worst i can remember seeing. The fact that it was on tv and blood was shooting out with every punch was bad enough. The fact that Rosenthal had the perfect view makes me think he should be fined and suspended for 6 months or so. Safety is a huge issue with the move to Fox with hater eyes still looking for reasons to down MMA. Stuff like this shouldn't happen. It was beyond unprofessional imo and I could've done a better job. You can't be a veteran with his training and risk a life or a black eye for the sport.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about Rosenthal now?   what do you think about Rosenthal now? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:11 pm

I think the Curran-Warren stoppage was almost as bad. Actually I think Warren was more hurt then Munoz was when the ref stepped in. I was glad to see Munoz lift his head up right away when the ref stepped in.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about Rosenthal now?   what do you think about Rosenthal now? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:00 pm

Me too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about Rosenthal now?   what do you think about Rosenthal now? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:03 pm

It was borderline barbaric, I can understand giving a fighter a chance to recover but when his head is constantly being rocked backed it's time to step in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about Rosenthal now?   what do you think about Rosenthal now? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:46 am

Quote :
"I came home and I watched it, and I was kind of like you know, if I was sitting here, watching this on the couch, I probably would have been talking smack about myself," he said on SiriusXM's Tapout Radio show.

Rosenthal went on to say he was "slow on the trigger" and let the fight go on a few punches too long.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about Rosenthal now?   what do you think about Rosenthal now? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:44 pm

"A few punches"
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about Rosenthal now?   what do you think about Rosenthal now? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 5:40 pm

From Rosenthal:

"I came home and I watched it, and I was kind of like you know, if I was sitting here, watching this on the couch, I probably would have been talking smack about myself," admitted Rosenthal. "I always say accountability is a huge part of the sport, and you are accountable for your actions.

"I feel like I was just a little slow on the trigger. I don't want to see guys take unnecessary punishment. It's a rough sport. Everyone knows what they sign in for, but it's a millisecond-basis game. You're making choices right there on the spot, and in the heat of the moment, I felt like I was seeing some stuff.

"In hindsight, I have to step my game up and make sure I'm on point for the next guys."
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about Rosenthal now?   what do you think about Rosenthal now? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Nobody is perfect. All refs have had a time where they were either too quick or too slow on the trigger.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about Rosenthal now?   what do you think about Rosenthal now? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:03 pm

Still the best in the game. Yes, better than Herb and Big John. Had a bad moment and deserves a warning in my book.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about Rosenthal now?   what do you think about Rosenthal now? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 9:20 pm

We are all human but my god Josh allowed Munoz to take alot of unnecessary punishment.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about Rosenthal now?   what do you think about Rosenthal now? EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:07 pm

Dude should get fined and suspended. It was very unprofessional for a guy in his position.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about Rosenthal now?   what do you think about Rosenthal now? Empty

Back to top Go down

what do you think about Rosenthal now?
Page 1 of 1