Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Massive old-school video game collection fetches $1.2 million on eBay

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Massive old-school video game collection fetches $1.2 million on eBay Empty
PostSubject: Massive old-school video game collection fetches $1.2 million on eBay   Massive old-school video game collection fetches $1.2 million on eBay EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:53 am

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/massive-old-school-video-game-collection-fetches-1-231803592.html
Massive old-school video game collection fetches $1.2 million on eBay Ebay-game-collection
And you thought your Atari 2600 collection was cool.

A French game collector just netted a cool one million Euros (or about $1.23 million) on eBay for what appears to be the most epic game collection ever.

Seriously, it's a doozie. The collection includes full sets for 22 game consoles, or roughly 7,000 games. We're talking every single game for every Sega console, every game released for Nintendo systems spanning the Famicom to the Gamecube, and even every single game ever released for the lesser-known NEC systems.

The startling haul belongs to a 32 year-old named Andre, who told The LA Times that it took 15 years to complete the absolutely insane task of collecting every Nintendo, Sega, and NEC game.

"I perfected some full sets by getting every title of them factory sealed, just for the challenge of it," he said. "Some titles are extremely hard to come by brand new when they're 25 years old. Now that the mission is complete, maybe it's time to move on."

Good idea, probably, though it must have been hard parting with prized rarities like the Go-Net, a preposterously hard-to-find cartridge for the Sega Mega Drive worth a few grand on its own. Also included in the auction is a full set of the notorious Nintendo Virtual Boy as well as a full, complete set of Pioneer's little-known LaserActive machine. And most impressive of all is that every single game reportedly comes complete in its proper game box -- with instructions -- or is a brand new, factory-sealed copy.

The big question, of course, is whether or not the winning bidder -- who lives in Canada -- will actually fork over the cash (shipping alone comes out to over $1,000). If not, Andre tells the Times his contingency plan is to re-list it on eBay or perhaps hit up some Japanese auction sites, though there's apparently more where this gaming goodness came from.

"What I put on eBay is just a part of my collection," he said. "I still do have thousands of other games that I didn't put there."
Back to top Go down

Massive old-school video game collection fetches $1.2 million on eBay
Page 1 of 1