Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Froch vs. Bute rematch will happen next year after interim fights

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Froch vs. Bute rematch will happen next year after interim fights Empty
PostSubject: Froch vs. Bute rematch will happen next year after interim fights   Froch vs. Bute rematch will happen next year after interim fights EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 1:23 pm

Quote :
Former super middleweight titleholder Lucian Bute exercised his right to a rematch with new titleholder Carl Froch on Thursday, although they agreed they would both take interim bouts first.

Bute left the comforts of his adopted hometown of Montreal to travel to Froch's hometown of Nottingham, England, to defend the title on May 26, but was knocked out in the fifth round in a mild upset.

Bute had the right to demand an immediate rematch in Montreal, but the camps agreed they would instead each take one fight before meeting for a sequel in Montreal in March 2013.

Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport, Froch's promoter, announced that Froch (29-2, 21 KOs) will make the first defense of his third title reign in the United Kingdom in November.

"Froch versus Bute has already gone down as one of the greatest nights in British boxing history," Hearn said. "It generated record television audiences and a sold-out arena where fans were treated to what many respected pundits and fighters have described as one of the best atmospheres ever felt in a British fight. Of course, like any fighter, Lucian is keen to avenge this defeat and, as per our agreement, has the opportunity to try to make that happen.

"Both myself and Lucian's promoter, Jean Bedard (of InterBox) feel that it is in the best interests of both fighters and any future rematch that both fighters will take an interim fight later this year. Froch versus Bute II in Montreal is a massive event and I'm sure that impressive victories for both men later this year will add further fuel to the fire."

Froch's opponent for his November fight has not been determined, Hearn said.

"We will be looking to announce an opponent for Carl in the next few weeks for another big fight in the U.K.," he said.

Bute (30-1, 24 KOs) also will fight in the fall, probably in Montreal or Quebec City, both places where he is a major draw, before looking forward to the Froch rematch, although no opponent has been selected for him, either.

"That was not the real Lucian Bute in that Nottingham ring on May 26," said Bute, who had made nine defenses before being cut down by Froch. "I spent the last few weeks reflecting about what went wrong, what happened, and the only thing that is crystal clear in my mind is that I want my rematch with Carl Froch as soon as possible."

Said Bedard, "There is no hiding the fact that the result on May 26 was hard on everyone. But even in defeat, in the locker room after the fight and the days following the loss, I still felt Lucian had the fire in his belly to come back stronger and demand his rematch with Froch. Matchroom is a great organization to work with and I have been speaking to Eddie once or twice a week since May 26. I almost know his number by heart."

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8133004/carl-froch-lucian-bute-agree-rematch-interim-bouts
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Froch vs. Bute rematch will happen next year after interim fights   Froch vs. Bute rematch will happen next year after interim fights EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 4:10 pm

i didn't see anything in the first fight to make me think a rematch will go any differently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Froch vs. Bute rematch will happen next year after interim fights   Froch vs. Bute rematch will happen next year after interim fights EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 10:37 am

cheekynffc wrote:
i didn't see anything in the first fight to make me think a rematch will go any differently.

Well you have to give credit for Bute wanting to avenge that brutal loss, he could have easily milked those Canadians fans by going on to fight bums for the rest of his career.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Froch vs. Bute rematch will happen next year after interim fights   Froch vs. Bute rematch will happen next year after interim fights EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:35 am

Not shocked. Bute has pretty much no choice but to try and avenge that loss. He got lit up so bad that it would be too hard to build his credibility back up fighting guys like Abraham. He needs to beat Froch to erase that. If he loses again, it's pretty much the same as moving on without fighting Froch again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Froch vs. Bute rematch will happen next year after interim fights   Froch vs. Bute rematch will happen next year after interim fights EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:19 am

I just hope this doesn't effect Froch vs. Kessler II from being made.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Froch vs. Bute rematch will happen next year after interim fights   Froch vs. Bute rematch will happen next year after interim fights EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 8:05 pm

well, they should make Froch-Kessler next. They said after one fight each.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Froch vs. Bute rematch will happen next year after interim fights   Froch vs. Bute rematch will happen next year after interim fights Empty

Back to top Go down

Froch vs. Bute rematch will happen next year after interim fights
Page 1 of 1