Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kings win the cup!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Kings win the cup! Empty
PostSubject: Kings win the cup!   Kings win the cup! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 12:13 am

I believe this actually hurts Hockey. In case people on here didnt know the Kings were the 8 seed in the playoffs and won the cup.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Kings win the cup! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings win the cup!   Kings win the cup! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 12:50 am

Typically means bad news for small businesses in L.A when one of their teams win a championship. Good news = Riots. LA is weird like that.

Congrats to the Kings.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Kings win the cup! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings win the cup!   Kings win the cup! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 1:11 am

Well hopefully no riots.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Kings win the cup! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings win the cup!   Kings win the cup! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 2:57 am

the bon fire started yet?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Kings win the cup! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings win the cup!   Kings win the cup! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:26 am

timthebim wrote:
I believe this actually hurts Hockey. In case people on here didnt know the Kings were the 8 seed in the playoffs and won the cup.

Care to elaborate. I don't see how people actually talking about hockey is a bad thing. If the Kings had not gone on this remarkable run Ii would have no idea who was in the finals and likely who won it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Kings win the cup! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings win the cup!   Kings win the cup! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:27 am

timthebim wrote:

The Devils were a 6 seed.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Kings win the cup! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings win the cup!   Kings win the cup! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 2:53 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Care to elaborate. I don't see how people actually talking about hockey is a bad thing. If the Kings had not gone on this remarkable run Ii would have no idea who was in the finals and likely who won it.

My point is it just doesnt seem right for a 8 seed to win the cup and dominate the way they did. It makes the regular season seem meaningless(although some will argue it is) and to be honest i dont think the ratings will be high at all. Hockey is on life support and I think having a team like the Rangers, Canadians, Red Wings, Chicago or a bigger market team in contention is better than having a 8 seed win.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Kings win the cup! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings win the cup!   Kings win the cup! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 7:12 pm

I don't think it hurts hockey. The team from Los Angeles finally winning the big one after how long? This is good for hockey in LA and whats good in LA is good for NHL..and the Kings definitly have the high level talent. Perhaps they just underachieved during the season? the fact is, they were extremely dominant in the playoffs.

Did the New York Giants winning last year hurt NFL despite barely making the playoffs and beating the number 1 Niners on some fluke mistake(s)? no
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kings win the cup! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings win the cup!   Kings win the cup! Empty

Back to top Go down

Kings win the cup!
Page 1 of 1