Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch

Go down 
+4
GDPofDRC
Andrew the Raider King
OU
bobbitt15
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch Empty
PostSubject: Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch   Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:03 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch   Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:08 am

FFS, is any original fight made ever going to pan out?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch   Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:28 am

Damn, not the kind of fight I want for Hector. Timmy is just a tough SOB. Probably the stronger man as well.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch   Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:31 am

Damn, well hopefully when everyone heals up we see some combo of Belcher-Bisping-Vitor matchup. Pair up 2 of those 3.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch   Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:47 am

WAR BOETSCH!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch   Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:16 pm

UFC 149 card update

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Champ Jose Aldo vs. Erik Koch (for featherweight title)
Cheick Kongo vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Chris Clements
Tim Boetsch vs. Hector Lombard - Ouch, went from headlining FOX in front of a huge audience to opening the show for a PPV that will be lucky to get 350k buys.

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)

Roland Delorme vs. Bibiano Fernandes
Mitch Clarke vs. Anton Kuivanen
Court McGee vs. Nick Ring
Bryan Caraway vs. Mitch Gagnon
Antonio Carvalho vs. George Roop
Ryan Jimmo vs. Anthony Perosh
James Head vs. Claude Patrick
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch   Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:17 pm

But, I think this is just as good of a match up and potentially explosive fight that Stann vs Lombard was.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch   Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:22 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
But, I think this is just as good of a match up and potentially explosive fight that Stann vs Lombard was.
Well IMO it is a fight more deserving of a #1 contender tag then Stann would have been. But I'm less confident that Hector will win this fight then I was with Stann.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch   Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:32 pm

This is a much better match up for Lombard than Stann was
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch   Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:09 pm

Easy ride for Lombard, just hope he don't break one of his hands on Boetsch's face.

This is to set up Hector and Count coaching TUF. That Peirson-Sot noise aint happening because nobody gives a fuck about Pierson..and Sot, while popular in Aus, his hype train has blown to bits. Plus the dismal ratings for this last season of pooh means they want bigger names.

This gets Lombard's debut out of the way much sooner and gets the wheels in motion for stupid ass TUF.

They have been talking shit since Lombard signed...hmm i bet they really must not like eachother.

Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch Unusual_canned_food_24
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch   Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:24 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Easy ride for Lombard, just hope he don't break one of his hands on Boetsch's face.

This is to set up Hector and Count coaching TUF. That Peirson-Sot noise aint happening because nobody gives a fuck about Pierson..and Sot, while popular in Aus, his hype train has blown to bits. Plus the dismal ratings for this last season of pooh means they want bigger names.

This gets Lombard's debut out of the way much sooner and gets the wheels in motion for stupid ass TUF.

They have been talking shit since Lombard signed...hmm i bet they really must not like eachother.

Orly? I think all the timing is suspicious, Bisping is only hurt now because Joe Silva injured his psyche when he asked him to fight Hector.

Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch Lombardtweet
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch   Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 2:57 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/6/11/3078311/ufc-star-michael-bisping-undergoes-surgery
"Torn meniscus, operation tomorrow, will be back in [action] quickly though. Just gonna set me back a few weeks," Bisping wrote to Fighters Only.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch   Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 4:49 pm

Bisping vs. Stann will happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch   Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:48 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

Orly? I think all the timing is suspicious, Bisping is only hurt now because Joe Silva injured his psyche when he asked him to fight Hector.

Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch Lombardtweet
Quote :

"I’ve never, ever once pulled out of a fight," Bisping told Ariel Helwani on Monday’s episode of The MMA Hour. "[Before] the Ultimate Fighter final I was training with Georges St-Pierre, and I tore my posterior cruciate ligament, my PCL, several days before the fight, and I still went ahead and fought. I’ve done training camps with one hand. I’ve constantly fought injured, because that’s part of the game. That’s the way that it goes."

For starters, there’s recent signee Hector Lombard, who called out Bisping via Twitter last week, and who may earn himself a title shot if he can notch a win over Boetsch when he replaces Bisping at UFC 149 in Calgary. Upon hearing that news, Bisping said, he was "massively pissed off," but admitted that he didn’t know much about Lombard’s actual skills.

"I’ll be honest, I’ve never seen the guy fight. I’ve never seen the guy fight once, because I’ve never seen Bellator. I don’t watch it, no interest. By all accounts he’s an aggressive fighter and he knocks people out and all the rest of it, but I’ve never seen him fight. He could be the best thing since sliced bread. I don’t know. What I do know is he’s never had a fight in the UFC, so why the [expletive] is he getting a title shot?"
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch   Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:42 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/6/11/3078590/michael-bisping-chael-sonnen-rematch-hector-lombard-title-shot-tim-boetsch
Appearing on today's (Jun., 11, 2012) episode of The MMA Hour, Bisping talks about who he wants to face when he returns from his injury as well as saying he will be "massively" disappointed if Hector Lombard receives a shot at the title after one just victory in the UFC.

Check it out:

Quote :

"Listen, it was a close fight with Chael Sonnen, but the general consensus is that I won the fight. So, if Chael beats Anderson, and that's a big if, then I would like a rematch. I would like my instant rematch with Chael. Everybody else gets their rematches. Frankie Edgar gets his, I don't know, everyone seems to get their rematch so I would like my rematch and I would like to fight Chael and for the belt. If Anderson wins, sure I'd take the title fight, I said IF Chael wins. Listen, Anderson Silva is the greatest fighter in the history of the sport, he is an absolute legend and it will be an honor to fight him, that's what I wanted to do my whole career. I want to fight Anderson Silva, so yeah, if Anderson wins, of course I'd like the title fight. I think I've done enough to warrant a title shot. I've been around the sport long enough and have been consistent, I'm on a good win streak apart from a couple of bogus decisions, I haven't lost a fight since the Dan Henderson fight. That's my only loss other than a couple of judges decisions where they felt I lost the fight. But, other than a shot at the title, there are some interesting opportunities. There is Brian Stann, I know he is injured, there is Vitor Belfort, the middleweight division is very stacked and there is not a shortage of people who want to knock me out."

When asked what he thought of the probability of Lombard getting a title shot after only one victory inside the Octagon, "The Count" didn't mix any words:

Quote :
"Massively, massively pissed off. Listen, I understand the UFC's decision, the reason why I haven't had a title shot is because of me, I'm a realist and I understand what's happening. I have been in the position to fight for the title several times and have been in number one contender match-up's several times. So I've got no one to blame but myself, I'm not blaming the UFC, I'm not angry with the UFC. If I had beaten Dan Henderson I would have fought for the title but I didn't , If I had beaten Chael Sonnen I'd be fighting Anderson in Brazil, but I didn't , I was robbed by the judges, it wasn't the UFC. So yeah, it's frustrating to see someone coming from Bellator. I will be honest, I have never seen the guy fight once because I've never seen Bellator, I don't watch it, I have no interest. By all accounts he's an aggressive fighter and he knocks people out, but I have never seen him fight. He could be the best thing since sliced bread, I don't' know. But what I do know is that he has never fought in the UFC, so why the fuck is he getting a title shot?"
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch   Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 12:06 pm

Quote :
"Hector Lombard comes from a different organization and now there's talk about him fighting for a title. I truly believe he's jumping me and he needs to earn his stripes to fight for a world title. I'm just being real. I've been in this organization for almost three years and I've been earning my stripes. I did lose a couple times. I lost to Matt Hamill and Yushin Okami and I take full responsibility for those losses. But at the same time, I came back, proved everybody wrong in developing and improving a lot of things I had holes in and now I'm a well-rounded fighter. It's got me to be one of the top five fighters in the world regardless of what people think. I win. I truly believe I'm one of the best fighters in the world and I deserve a title shot when I win my next fight."
Munoz
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch   Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 9:10 am

GDPofDRC wrote:

And what happened to Stann? I was interested in that fight.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch   Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 9:24 am

captain organic wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

And what happened to Stann? I was interested in that fight.

I believe it was a shoulder injury.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch   Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch Empty

Back to top Go down

Bisping out; Lombard vs Boetsch
Page 1 of 1