Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fitch out vs Arron Simpson

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Fitch out vs Arron Simpson Empty
PostSubject: Fitch out vs Arron Simpson   Fitch out vs Arron Simpson EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 5:28 pm

Jon Fitch Out of UFC on FUEL TV 4 Bout due to Knee Injury

Fitch out vs Arron Simpson Jon-fitch1
Just beneath the picture: Heineken Light.

Depending on how you feel about UFC welterweight Jon Fitch, UFC on FUEL TV 4 either just became much more interesting or just suffered a massive blow.

As initially reported by WrestlingObserver.com and confirmed by MMAFighting.com, Jon Fitch has suffered a knee injury and has been forced to withdraw from his upcoming bout against Aaron Simpson at UFC on FUEL TV 4. At this time, a replacement opponent for Aaron Simpson has not been announced.

It’ll be interesting to see who the UFC matches Aaron Simpson up with
now, as this bout looked like a pretty clear rebound fight for Fitch.
Jon Fitch was looking to bounce back from a disappointing 2011 campaign,
which included a disappointing draw against BJ Penn at UFC 127 followed up by the fastest loss of his career, a 12-second knockout loss to Johny Hendricks
at UFC 141. Meanwhile, Aaron Simpson will be making his welterweight
debut after his last effort saw him drop a split-decision to Ronny
Markes at UFC on FUEL TV 1. Before that, Simpson had won three straight fights at middleweight.

UFC on FUEL TV 4 will go down on Wednesday, July 11 in San Jose,
California. The event will be headlined by a middleweight clash between Mark Munoz and Chris Weidman. The co-main event of the evening will be a light heavyweight bout between Brandon Vera and James Te-Huna.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fitch out vs Arron Simpson   Fitch out vs Arron Simpson EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:10 am

Fitch vs Ellenberger makes sense when he heals up.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fitch out vs Arron Simpson   Fitch out vs Arron Simpson EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 1:48 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Quote :
"The rumors are true, I injured my knee. I have a partially torn ACL and I will be out about four weeks. I will have to pull out of my UFC fight on July 11 against Aaron Simpson. I apologize for that. I want to apologize to all my fans that I won't be fighting in San Jose on the eleventh. It's a big disappointment to me, but I'll be back soon and I'll be back strong. Thanks for all your support."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fitch out vs Arron Simpson   Fitch out vs Arron Simpson EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:41 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/6/5/3066939/ufc-fuel-tv-4-aaron-simpson-vs-kenny-robertson-fight-jon-fitch-replacement-mma
Robertson debuted for the promotion back at UFC 126 in Feb. 2011, getting wiped out by Mike Pierce via technical knockout in round two. He rebounded with a spinning backlist knockout out of nowhere against Lucio Linhares at Fight Festival 31 late last year.

The Central Illinois Combat Club-trained fighter would like to duplicate that effort, if it's even possible, against the wrestling-minded Simpson on relatively short notice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fitch out vs Arron Simpson   Fitch out vs Arron Simpson Empty

Back to top Go down

Fitch out vs Arron Simpson
Page 1 of 1