Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC on FOX TV Ratings???

Go down 
+6
KingsOwn19
Wolfgangsta
Farmer1906
Andrew the Raider King
OU
GDPofDRC
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? Empty
PostSubject: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:14 pm

• UFC on FOX 1: Velasquez vs Dos Santos: 5.7M, 3.1 household rating (1 Hour Block, 1 Fight)
  • UFC on FOX 2: Evans vs Davis: 4.7M, 2.6 household rating (2.5 Hour Block, 3 Fights)
  • UFC on FOX 3: Diaz vs Miller: ____ , ____ household rating (2 Hour Block, 4 Fights)

How will the ratings be?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:23 pm

Well going up against both Cotto vs Floyd and the NBA playoffs. That will hurt bad. Series low 3.5 rating is my guess.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:36 pm

OU wrote:
Well going up against both Cotto vs Floyd and the NBA playoffs. That will hurt bad. Series low 3.5 rating is my guess.

I think the NBA will hurt more than boxing, because the big fight doesn't happen until afterwards. but yeah, a 3.5 sounds about right. BUT! If it beats the NBA Playoffs, which aren't very good? Fox is going to come out of this deal smelling like a rose!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:38 pm

I'll go above 3.5. Probaly closer to 3.75 or 3.8
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:39 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
OU wrote:

I think the NBA will hurt more than boxing, because the big fight doesn't happen until afterwards. but yeah, a 3.5 sounds about right. BUT! If it beats the NBA Playoffs, which aren't very good? Fox is going to come out of this deal smelling like a rose!
I think both will hurt it some. But you are right the UFC is trying to embrace the boxing card and making it clear that this will lead into that and not overlap. Also might help that both Miami and OKC play that night and hold commanding 3-0 leads in their series. But still there will be some overlap from both sports that won't tune in IMO
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:40 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
I'll go above 3.5. Probaly closer to 3.75 or 3.8
Yeah I can see that. 3.5-4 range.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:07 pm

It will be tough to get the random eyes on this show with the television options available in the sports world for sure, some are predicting as low as 2.0 rating (not million, I think yall have your ratings and millions of viewers mixed up) tomorrow night. That would be tough.

UFC has kinda been a combination of unlucky and foolish so far on FOX in terms of the main product, the fights.

The first show they did what they should of in hyping a whole show and card with just one fight, a big one in the HW title fight, nobody could predict a minute fight though so in spite of the right idea, unlucky. The next show they tried to compensate and went overboard and ended up with fights that brought out what a lot of the target audience, casuals, don't like, time consuming and uneventful fights.

With this second show on the contract I think they are doing a lot better by trying to book action and what could be more appealing to someone who doesn't watch mma. The opening fight is two HW strikers and an expected KO one way or the other. Belchar and Toquhino is a fight the judges won't decide hopefully also and one in which something definitely weird or interesting could happen. Kos vs Hendricks could actually not be great for a casual given what Kos has been capable of against his opponents lately, even Matt Hughes who while losing wasn't looking bad against him while they were going. With Hendricks, KO please, it's what everyone wants and thinks could happen given this could be a wrestling cancels wrestling scenario. I don't agree with the claims that this main event needs to be and will be a Bonnar vs Griffin type affair because I think Nate and Jim are exponentially more dynamic and skilled than those two were, but I think they are still capable of putting on an electric 5-round fight. I don't see either succumbing to exhaustion but rather constant and unrelenting pressure. I think this could be more like a Henderson vs Guida type fight minus the energy of one of those guys replaced with the brand of action that Diaz has shown he is capable of bringing.

I think Joe Silva and Dana White will be in better moods after this FOX show then they have been previously. It is a questionable card in terms of stature and relevancy of the fighters being on the most visible and viewed platform MMA has, being on network TV, but the design of it makes sense becuase UFC being on FOX in this stage is not about important fights but those that draw non MMA eyes. Even if these ratings dip into the low 2.0 range, the recipe could still make this a beneficial card in the longer term. Unless some really, really bad luck makes this an unappealing show to the wandering eye.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptySat May 05, 2012 5:29 am

The main event is perfect. They needed one other big fight on the main card though.

Ratings will be overall down but will spike big for the Diaz fight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptySat May 05, 2012 6:03 am

im expecting a major disappointment. Possibly Jake Shields on CBS-esque numbers.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptySat May 05, 2012 6:09 am

Diaz brothers are the most popular of all UFC fighters with a lot of boxing fans. That last cowboy win was seen by all the Lesnar Overeem viewers. Nate Diaz is way more popular than Jake Shields, boxing won't be on yet, and basketball isn't going to offer a lot of drama either way. No way does the main event do that bad.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:25 am

Plus I can see some good fights that bring in viewers as it goes. Kind of like Forrest v Bonnar on a smaller scale.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:59 am

one thing this card has going for it is that the four main fights are all interesting in as such as they could go either way.

would the casual fan want to tune in to watch potentially interesting fights though or would they tune in based on names or wanting to see someone get their face split open or get badly knocked out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptySun May 06, 2012 7:51 pm

Quote :
Saturday’s UFC on FOX 3, which featured a low-profile main-event matchup between Nate Diaz and Jim Miller, garnered just a 1.0 adults 18-49 rating with 2.3 million viewers.

That's from a Sherdog thread.

Just seems like bad timing to me with the NBA, PPV, Cinco De Mayo and of course The Avengers !
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptySun May 06, 2012 7:53 pm

From reading a couple of these threads seems like Wolf found a new dick to ride.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:16 pm

josh200612 wrote:
From reading a couple of these threads seems like Wolf found a new dick to ride.

Who? Nate Diaz?

Never in my life did I picture a day someone would call me a Nate Diaz dickrider. I used to hate this guy as bad as anyone in the UFC. He looked like he had down syndrome and sounded like he was still in high school. But both of the Diaz brothers have won me over to their unique style and street tough broken home ethos. It is quite impressive to view the cage as the fence by the bike-racks and still be able to dust up fools.

I'll be surprised and disappointed if the ratings for Diaz himself were not significantly higher than the rest of the card. Perhaps if Nick had won that decision this could have been hyped a little better. Maybe they should have put Diaz in against someone who is less vanilla and likable. Then we could have had some actual pre-fight build up and smack talk. The main event had no buzz.

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:53 am

Ali wrote:
Quote :
Saturday’s UFC on FOX 3, which featured a low-profile main-event matchup between Nate Diaz and Jim Miller, garnered just a 1.0 adults 18-49 rating with 2.3 million viewers.

That's from a Sherdog thread.

Just seems like bad timing to me with the NBA, PPV, Cinco De Mayo and of course The Avengers !

I didnt see this..i made a thread on it. I hate that

YEAHHH they were all out watching the avengers. Don't forget we are talking about the 18-49 demo...not the the 13-17 demo...and we'll see how much Cinco De Mayo and NBA hurt the Mayweather buyrate. We'll see how many people were nailed into place and willing to drop 70 bucks right when people are getting really smashed yet nobody was around to watch a free UFC card.

That rating is lower than Jake Shields on CBS and even Smith-Lawler on CBS. Do i get a prize for calling it right? or am i considered wrong because it wasnt a Jake Shields-esque bomb but slightly worse?

Good card though. UFC will have to promote these more heavily because FOX does so very weakly, and they need more star power...but UFC has all that wrapped into PPV. Fox is getting PPV main card fights but not main events for this last one or this next one. I expect the next one to do better but not significantly.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:49 am

I think those are actually the over night ratings. They're still way down though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:27 am

They should promote the next card heavily since Stann is an American hero, he's marketing gold with his marine background and one punch KO power.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:44 am

Going against the NBA playoffs really hurt. Casual sports fan values the NBA playoffs over a FOX card with no title fights. You had boxing, baseball and playoff basketball. Alot of options that night for casual sports fans. You miss alot of the cross over audience on such a busy night in sports. I expect the number to be closer to 3 when it's finalized. Not surprising.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 12:02 pm

Broadcast primetime ratings for Saturday, May 5, 2012:

TimeNetShow18-49 Rating/ShViewers (millions)
8:00FOXUFC: Miller vs. Diaz (8-10PM)*1.0/42.25

ABCShark Tank - R0.8/33.19

CBSNCIS: Los Angeles - R0.7/34.31

NBCEscape Routes (finale)0.3/11.23

9:00CBSPerson Of Interest - R0.8/35.71

ABCHancock(9-11PM)0.8/32.82

NBCThe Voice - R (9-11PM)0.5/21.97

10:00CBS48 Hours Mystery1.3/46.69
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 12:07 pm

I can't believe that many people would want to watch Hancock again.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptyTue May 08, 2012 11:18 am

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28604/ufc-on-fox-3-ratings-viewership-plummets-event-averages-just-2-4-million-viewers.mma
Quote :
The May 5 broadcast averaged just 2.4 million viewers, MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed with an industry source.
I guess that's a slight increase.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptyTue May 08, 2012 11:59 am

I got a group of people together that never watch MMA and the main card delivered. That's all that matters
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:37 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28606/ufc-on-fox-3-ratings-preliminary-card-draw-87000-fuel-tv-viewers.mma
UFC on FOX 3 main-card ratings were down sharply compared to its predecessor, and the FUEL TV prelims didn't fare much better.

This past weekend's UFC on FOX 3 event included a preliminary-card broadcast that averaged just 86,000 FUEL TV viewers. UFC on FOX 2's prelims averaged 144,000 FUEL TV viewers earlier this year.

The full UFC-FUEL TV ratings include:

UFC on FUEL TV 1 ratings (main card): 217,000 viewers
UFC on FUEL TV 2 ratings (main card): 197,000
UFC on FX 1 ratings (prelims): 148,000
UFC on FOX 2 ratings (prelims): 144,000
UFC on FX 2 ratings (prelims): 113,000
UFC on FOX 3 ratings (prelims): 86,000
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:40 pm

Why hasn't there been a thread rating the event ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX TV Ratings???   UFC on FOX TV Ratings??? Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC on FOX TV Ratings???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next