Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"

Go down 
+3
killerofchicken
GDPofDRC
OU
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" Empty
PostSubject: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 11:01 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/4/23/2968587/ufc-146-alistair-overeem-gives-his-side-of-the-story-for-his-elevated
Quote :
To my friends and fans,

I am deeply saddened to announce that on Friday, April 20, I respectfully withdrew from the May 26 event so that I can request a continuance until my situation with the Nevada State Athletic Commission is resolved.

I cannot express how sorry I am to the Commission, Junior Dos Santos, the fans, the owners and employees of the UFC, my friends and family and anyone else who this has affected.

I absolutely do not believe in, nor do I use performance-enhancing drugs. I am a clean fighter and I will do whatever it takes to prove this to everyone.

Prior to the UFC 146 press conference in March, I aggravated an old rib injury on my left side. My doctor prescribed, and I accepted, an anti-inflammatory medication that was mixed with testosterone. I was completely unaware that testosterone was one of the ingredients in the medication. Although I was unaware, I do realize it is my job to know what I am putting into my body.

I respect the Nevada Commissioners and Executive Director Keith Kizer and what they are doing to keep
the sport of mixed martial arts regulated and safe for athletes. I look forward to working with them in the days and weeks ahead.

Friends and fans, I ask for your patience as I work through this matter. Please support me. I promise to return to the Octagon soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 11:04 am

Ubereem FTW !
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 11:04 am

This "I didn't know what I was taking was illegal" argument from all athletes is getting really, really old.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 12:11 pm

OU wrote:
This "I didn't know what I was taking was illegal" argument from all athletes is getting really, really old.

It's a commission problem.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 12:15 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:

It's a commission problem.
Are they not giving updated list in time to the right people? Also I think Reem is just full of shit here.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:11 pm

wow, exactly the argument i expected from him... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 2:19 pm

Could someone find what exactly he was injected with that was anti-inflammatory/testosterone? Never heard of such combo.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 3:15 pm

jewzilla wrote:
Could someone find what exactly he was injected with that was anti-inflammatory/testosterone? Never heard of such combo.

You are not alone in the suspicions.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/4/23/2968805/ufc-146-junior-dos-santos-frank-mir-alistair-overeem-elevated-testosterone
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:14 pm

OU wrote:
jewzilla wrote:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/4/23/2968805/ufc-146-junior-dos-santos-frank-mir-alistair-overeem-elevated-testosterone

Pretty much says what I did, this is a commission problem, not a fighter problem.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:19 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:
jewzilla wrote:

Pretty much says what I did, this is a commission problem, not a fighter problem.
What about the part where fighters managers need to be aware of the substances their fighters take and are allowed to take? I'm sure the commission has it's part in this gayness. But doesn't Reem and his camp also need to make it there job to be aware?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:20 pm

jewzilla wrote:

Anti-inflammatory medications are generally steroids, in general, unless they are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:26 pm

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:
jewzilla wrote:

What about the part where fighters managers need to be aware of the substances their fighters take and are allowed to take? I'm sure the commission has it's part in this gayness. But doesn't Reem and his camp also need to make it there job to be aware?

They do. The commission has a greater obligation to facilitate an adequate level of knowledge and understanding to the conformity process along with expanding their own database inventory of in regards to the medical field in applying T/E budgets, exemptions, and any other findings of impunity as they become apparent or necessary. The system right now allows Dana White to establish the popular opinion in contrast to any just process.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:29 pm

I'm sure the commission could do a better job at keeping the list updated and the information available. But IMO when it comes down to it that burden falls on the fighters management. They are responsible for their fighters and they are the ones that need to keep updated on the information. By now, in any sport, you would think any athlete, especially one that has something to lose, would check and check again before they put any substance in their body. The information is out there, someone in your camp needs to make it their responsibility to know.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:30 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
jewzilla wrote:

Anti-inflammatory medications are generally steroids, in general, unless they are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.

I know anti-inflammatorys are steroids. But anti-inflammatorys dont contain Testosterone. Nor have I heard of a medication containing both substances. Which leads me to believe that he recieved shots of both anti-inflams and testosterone, seperately. If any inflammatory steroids at all.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:33 pm

Yet here we are again finding medical applications at odds with commission conformity and the quickest route public option chooses is that of unabashed guilt. There is not a balance of understanding between the two, medication and regulation.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:35 pm

jewzilla wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
jewzilla wrote:

I know anti-inflammatorys are steroids. But anti-inflammatorys dont contain Testosterone. Nor have I heard of a medication containing both substances. Which leads me to believe that he recieved shots of both anti-inflams and testosterone, seperately. If any inflammatory steroids at all.

Testosterone are steroid hormones. If someone has an intake of steroids it is not out of the question that it will have an impact on that persons level of testosterone.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:38 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Yet here we are again finding medical applications at odds with commission conformity and the quickest route public option chooses is that of unabashed guilt. There is not a balance of understanding between the two, medication and regulation.
I can see where that could be a problem with some of the other situations. But I'm not buying that here. I'm not buying Reem's excuse or giving him the benefit of the doubt. Doesn't seem to add up IMO, I don't buy the current story Reem is giving. I beleive is dirty and has been for some time now. I'm not held to the standard of innocent until proven guilty, I'm just a fan.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:40 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
jewzilla wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
jewzilla wrote:

Testosterone are steroid hormones. If someone has an intake of steroids it is not out of the question that it will have an impact on that persons level of testosterone.

Ok, Overeem himself said the doctor injected him with medication that contained anti-inflammatory and testosterone. Your testosterone levels would not be greatly impacted by a single shot of an anti-inflammatory shots anyways.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:41 pm

It would be hearsay for us to attempt to make determinations on such things at this time.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:47 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
It would be hearsay for us to attempt to make determinations on such things at this time.
It would be an educated guess. Reem has been suspected of being on roids for years now. Numerous fighters have suggest that in the past. It wasn't just some BS M-1 was claiming, there were legit questions. Then that person is caught in a RANDOM test to be far outside the normal range. We had reasonable concerns before. Things just add up against Reem here. I don't think Reem deserves the kind of optimism you are giving. I think you have a difficult time defending this man at this point. I'm calling him guilty, I don't have to be able to prove it 100%. It's far more likely that this man cheated. Any reasonable person can agree that much.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:52 pm

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
It would be an educated guess. Reem has been suspected of being on roids for years now. Numerous fighters have suggest that in the past. It wasn't just some BS M-1 was claiming, there were legit questions. Then that person is caught in a RANDOM test to be far outside the normal range. We had reasonable concerns before. Things just add up against Reem here. I don't think Reem deserves the kind of optimism you are giving. I think you have a difficult time defending this man at this point. I'm calling him guilty, I don't have to be able to prove it 100%. It's far more likely that this man cheated. Any reasonable person can agree that much.

Swhy you're no good to me here.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:59 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

Swhy you're no good to me here.
No, I don't. Like I said you are giving too much undeserved optimism. I don't understand how anyone that follows Reem can think he isn't on roids. It's no longer people being suspicious of Reem. There is now documented evidence that he had a banned substance in his system. It was safe to assume he was a cheater in the past. It's only logical to assume it now. Anyone holding off judgement is just being overly optimistic without any real reason in doing so. We both know, he is more likely cheating then not.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 5:05 pm

We already have an admission from Reem that he took an illegal substance. I can't imagine anyone thinking this is the first time in his career he has taken an illegal substance. I don't see how you can justify that line of thinking. If you are being honest with yourself you know this man is more then likely a cheater. But if you want to take comfort in the fact that we can't prove it without a doubt, then ignorance is bliss I suppose.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 5:07 pm

I have an impartial perspective, I have not stated he is innocent or guilty. What is documented is his tested T/E levels were over the budgets amount, not the naming any banned substance. "logical to assume"... Assumptions are the singular reason that guilt is your only conclusion. That's not good.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 5:10 pm

OU wrote:
We already have an admission from Reem that he took an illegal substance. I can't imagine anyone thinking this is the first time in his career he has taken an illegal substance. I don't see how you can justify that line of thinking. If you are being honest with yourself you know this man is more then likely a cheater. But if you want to take comfort in the fact that we can't prove it without a doubt, then ignorance is bliss I suppose.

You more than anyone here hangs first and asks no questions later on things like this, so calling me ignorant for not basing my conclusions, which I have not yet established, on mere assumptions, well, that does nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"   Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans" Empty

Back to top Go down

Reem makes statement "To my friends and fans"
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next