Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.

Go down 
+9
Farmer1906
timthebim
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
cascade_run
KingsOwn19
Ludo
killerofchicken
Ninja
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. Empty
PostSubject: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 9:49 pm

@FrontRowBrian has the scoop. Same guy who broke the news about the fight being moved to Vegas.

Here's a transcript of his twitter feed:

"Major story breaking in Atlanta. Anderson Silva has told Dana White he NOT fight Chael Sonnen unless it's in Brazil."

"UFC147 presser in Rio on 4 Tues. Anderson will be present. Dana will announce date change to Vegas. Dana will fire AS if he declines fight"

"Should Anderson be fired, Sonnen v. @Bisping II is the back up plan for July 7 for the belt"

"Uncle Dana is beyond frustrated with Anderson. Let's see if he can convince Anderson to fight in Vegas. Dana playing hardball"
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 9:52 pm

WOW!!! Anderson being Anderson IMO

can his ars lol
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 9:58 pm

I'll believe Anderson gets fired when I see it and when I see Anderson fight somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:33 pm

Well, he did fight Chael in the states last time.

Why no Brazil? they are having an event there...if it's because Chael does not want the fight to be there then we can't really get on Anderson for not wanting it in Vegas.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:35 pm

huh? they're being forced to move it to Vegas because of a NATO world conference thats being held in brazil the same week
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:36 pm

Fire Anderson Silva, that should be interesting, not likely in my opinion
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:37 pm

So Anderson thinks he's gonna fight in Rio every fight from here on out because it happened once? I don't get it. But Chael has been saying for months that Anderson would fight a way not to fight him so I guess you can't be too surprised
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:38 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
huh? they're being forced to move it to Vegas because of a NATO world conference thats being held in brazil the same week

huh yourself

i thought they were switching the event, not canceling the event in Brazil.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:42 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

huh yourself

i thought they were switching the event, not canceling the event in Brazil.

They might be changing the date or even the location because of the conference. It's not easy scheduling these events because of various events going on there in the first place. It IS a soccer stadium don't forget.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:46 pm

Who dis source?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:53 pm

Fuck Dana and Chael. They told Spider the fight would be in Brazil and now all the sudden they change it??? If I was Anderson I would be pissed also. This stinks of Chael not wanting to fight in Brazil and Dana caving but getting bailed out by this NATO shit.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:57 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Who dis source?

FrontrowBrain.

He is best friends with Dana and Lorenzo. He is the one who originally broke the story that venue was being changed in the first place. If you ever see a ginger looking guy in the first row of a UFC card that is frontrowbrain...thus the name.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:02 pm

timthebim wrote:
Fuck Dana and Chael. They told Spider the fight would be in Brazil and now all the sudden they change it??? If I was Anderson I would be pissed also. This stinks of Chael not wanting to fight in Brazil and Dana caving but getting bailed out by this NATO shit.

LMAO

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:10 pm

timthebim wrote:

Agree w/ killer. No way someone is this dumb.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 12:11 am

Dana:And whatever jackass said Anderson silva would be stripped of his title is a liar. He is fighting Chael and there has been no issue at all!!

I smell a lie/coverup by Dana hear. Brian and Dana are friends..

Frontrowbrian: Uncle Dana. Don't call me a liar. I'll see ya in ATL
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 2:12 am

LOL! Anderson is scared!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:09 am

Dana would never fire Silva in a million years, not when he's the current champ and P4P #1.

I don't see why they can't just delay and wait for the NATO event to pass.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:11 am

Ali wrote:
Dana would never fire Silva in a million years, not when he's the current champ and P4P #1.

What if the stadium is booked for another 2 months?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:11 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Switch to an arena.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:30 am

Ali wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Switch to an arena.

I think you are underestimating the work it takes to produce an event. I'm sure the UFC wants this fight in Brasil. It will absolutely kill (hopefully not literally Chael). 60K selling out in minutes. Record viewers. And more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:50 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Switch to an arena.

I think you are underestimating the work it takes to produce an event. I'm sure the UFC wants this fight in Brasil. It will absolutely kill (hopefully not literally Chael). 60K selling out in minutes. Record viewers. And more.

Not at all I just think the Brazilian fans deserve another card.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:52 am

Ali wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Switch to an arena.

Not at all I just think the Brazilian fans deserve another card.

And I am more than sure they will get one. Dana himself said Brasil took title of best fans away from Canadians. The had 27 million viewers last fight.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:28 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Agree w/ killer. No way someone is this dumb.

I was fucking around alittle bit but of course I can be that dumb!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 10:35 am

Quote :
"That is s***," White stated. "That is such a f***ing lie. It's crazy. Wherever that came from, if it was a media source or whoever said it, it's an absolute flat-out lie. It makes me sick. Never once did I say that.

"Anderson and I haven't had a problem about this fight. There's reports out of Brazil with Anderson saying, 'I want to fight in Brazil,' which he does. Of course he wants to fight Chael Sonnen in Brazil. I get it. And Chael Sonnen is 100 percent willing to go to Brazil and fight him."

"We had the whole arena mapped out and ready to go. We were pumped and ready for that. The whole thing just fell apart. We're working on it still at this minute."
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 12:48 pm

Ali wrote:
Quote :
"That is s***," White stated. "That is such a f***ing lie. It's crazy. Wherever that came from, if it was a media source or whoever said it, it's an absolute flat-out lie. It makes me sick. Never once did I say that.

"Anderson and I haven't had a problem about this fight. There's reports out of Brazil with Anderson saying, 'I want to fight in Brazil,' which he does. Of course he wants to fight Chael Sonnen in Brazil. I get it. And Chael Sonnen is 100 percent willing to go to Brazil and fight him."

"We had the whole arena mapped out and ready to go. We were pumped and ready for that. The whole thing just fell apart. We're working on it still at this minute."

White argued w/ Silva 75-mins. to convince him to fight Sonnen in Vegas -

Quote :
It took the UFC president 75 minutes to convince him to fight Chael Sonnen in Las Vegas instead of Rio de Janeiro and this was the reason for the press conference delay yesterday, reports Gustavo Noblat of OGlobo.com.

The talk was heated - initially Anderson refused to change the venue of what could be the rematch of the century. Two years ago, the Brazilian middleweight champion defeated Sonnen in an epic combat. The upcoming confrontation was set to occur at Stadium Engenhao in Rio, and would have been the biggest show of UFC history with 80 thousand tickets to be sold.

But the date coincided with international events in the city and White alleged Rio would not have the infrastructure to hold the fighting event. “There wouldn't have been enough hotel rooms,” he said.

The champion was frustrated and insisted on fighting in Brazil. Anderson told Dana that Sonnen had been disrespectful with him, his family and all the Brazilian. “He deserves to taught a lesson here, I owe this to my people", repeated Silva. But Dana was adamant. “If there is no way how to make the event in a stadium, it has to be in Las Vegas,” said the company president.

Dana explained that Las Vegas is a city that has structure to promote the UFC from one day to the next. The capital of betting and fights is there, remarked the boss. He reminded Silva of the appeal that the bout will have in the United States landing as it does in the week of the celebrations for Independence Day.

He spoke about the potential of the Pay-per-view sales it would generate and in the end, he guaranteed a good percentage of the pay-per-view share to Anderson. As with so many things in life, money talks louder than anything.

After a lot of discussion Anderson concluded by turning to White and asking “Okay, so tell me - what do you want from me?” White answered, “I want you go to Las Vegas and perform well, make it a great fight.” It was then the champion formally accepted the mission. “If it has to be like this, I will beat this guy wherever. He deserves a lesson.”

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/16081-dana-whites-75-minute-argument-with-anderson-to-move-sonnen-rematch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.   Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas. Empty

Back to top Go down

Anderson refusing to fight Chael if fight is in Vegas.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next