Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight

Go down 
+5
Ludo
Farmer1906
KingsOwn19
Ninja
bobbitt15
9 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight Empty
PostSubject: Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight   Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:17 pm

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/4/10/2939893/nick-diaz-world-champion-braulio-estima-agree-to-meet-in-bjj-super

Thought someone had posted something about Nick being in this but I couldn't find it

He now has an opponent, so far anyone that would enjoy seeing Nick get tapped...here ya go
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight   Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:21 pm

This will not end well for Nick...Estima is on another level.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight   Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:23 pm

Braulio will win, but a good measuring stick for Nick.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight   Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:27 pm

I wanna see Nick tap.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight   Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:28 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
I wanna see Nick tap.

I doubt he would tap to anything. He'd likely let something break or go to sleep before tapping.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight   Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Ludo wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
I wanna see Nick tap.

I doubt he would tap to anything. He'd likely let something break or go to sleep before tapping.

In a grappling match? No way.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight   Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 9:16 am

Nick would and will tap. But hopefully he makes it interesting for awhile.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight   Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 12:57 pm

I think he would get choked out, but I don't think he would let his legs get messed up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight   Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 1:07 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I think he would get choked out, but I don't think he would let his legs get messed up.
I think he would tap out either way, when talking about a grappling match. If we are talking MMA, then I could see him taking the stubborn route.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight   Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 4:34 pm

Just read on twitter that it will be no-gi.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight   Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 11:12 am

Estima for the win.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight   Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight EmptyTue May 08, 2012 5:11 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/5/8/3007599/renzo-gracie-braulio-estima-nick-diaz-world-jiu-jitsu-expo-mma-ufc
So how did his match-up with Braulio come to be? Appearing on the most recent edition of The MMA Hour, Renzo reveals that Diaz himself asked for the bout, stating that he wanted to be matched up against the best and Gracie goes on to say that the match will be a very tough test for the Stockton slugger.

Check it out:

Quote :
"It's going to be a tough fight, especially under those rules of just jiu-jitsu, a very tough fight. If the fight was an MMA fight, it would be different ball game, but, the fact that it is just jiu-jitsu, it's going to be a real test for Nick because Braulio is the best out there. He is one of the best. You know, the funny thing is that Nick picked this fight, he wanted to fight the best. He didn't want to fight the second or the third you know? So that is how this match-up ended up happening. And to be honest, even I am interested to watch that very much."

Though Renzo states he's never touched pot in his life, he doesn't believe that Nick's marijuana use should be considered a performance enhancing drug (PED). In fact, Renzo says it's the complete opposite and his issues with the NSAC will not interfere with his participation in Nick's grappling match with Estima:

Quote :
"Not at all, not at all. My man, smoking pot is legal in California, you know, what can I do? I never smoked pot in my life, never, never touch it. To me, you know, I see a lot of people getting drunk you know, and I see a lot of people defending the flag of Bob Marley. Man, every time I see someone smoking pot, I see them lying on the couch and they don't want to move. So, I don't think this is a performance enhancing drug. I think it's a slow down drug. The guys, all they do is they smoke and eat and they sleep."
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight   Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight EmptyTue May 08, 2012 6:53 pm

[youtube][/youtube]

slick
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight   Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight EmptyWed May 09, 2012 4:46 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/5/9/3008126/braulio-estima-nick-diaz-jiu-jitsu-mma-ufc
Appearing on The MMA Hour, Estima talks about how his match with Nick, one he wanted, came to be and that he wants to be the first person to submit Diaz and says people should not be so quick to count out Diaz in the match.

Those comments after the jump.

Quote :
"I was going to do a seminar at the expo in Brazilian jiu-jitsu and I heard Nick Diaz was going to do a grappling match at the same expo. The first thing that came to my mind was, "Wow, that would be a great match because we have the same weight and kind of the same height and he fights with submission, I fight with submission, and he is a legend in the MMA sport. I was training in Florida when Junior, one of the man guys for the expo, approached me and said, 'How about a fight with Nick Diaz?' And I said, 'Wow. Man, I would love to have this fight.' This will help both of us. He is a top MMA fighter but came from Brazilian jiu-jitsu. It will be great for me to fight against an MMA legend so that I can hopefully show what I got. And his will be a very good highlight for my debut."

Diaz, who has not competed in an all jiu-jitsu match in over two years is going to be the obvious underdog heading into this weekend's showdown, however, Estima says people should not be so quick to count him out:
Quote :

"I think people underestimate a lot Nick. I think because of my name, because of what I have achieved , the pressure is all on me. Which it helps him, he has nothing to lose. I'm coming off of a break from and haven't trained as hard as I have for ADCC, I lost a lot of weight to make this fight at 180, I will be coming from Thailand which is 14 hours of difference, so the jet lag is going to be great. So this actually brings the match a little bit even. But even though, I push myself in every possible way, I think I will do well and I really want to be the guy who first guy to make him tap. To be able to perform Jiu-Jitsu in MMA the way that he does, you have to be very good. He doesn't have much of a record of just fighting in BJJ, because he stopped two years ago, you know, so it's going to be difficult. In two years, things change. I'm a completely different fighter than two years ago. But he has no pressure to win this fight, he just has to go in there and do a good job. It's going to be a great match to watch."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight   Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight EmptyThu May 10, 2012 10:18 am

Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight   Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:52 am

If you can’t make it to Long Beach, California, on the 12th of May, you won’t get to polish up your gentle-art skills under the expert eyes of the likes of Roger Gracie, André Galvão, Robert Drysdale, Rodrigo Comprido and Ronaldo Jacaré. Nor will you get to put on a show of your own at the inaugural IBJJF Spring Open, another monumental attraction to feature at the World Jiu-Jitsu Expo. But that doesn’t mean you’re excluded from the action at the Long Beach Convention Center altogether.

The all star cast on the supermatch card likely has UFC president Dana White burning with envy, and you can watch all the Gi and No-Gi action streamed live over the internet via mobileblackbelt.tv.

While the main event is a must-see, with UFC superstar Nick Diaz putting his black belt and incisive rubber-guard to a stern test in a No-Gi bout with ADCC superchampion Bráulio Estima, the rest of the card is no less riveting:

Three of the Jiu-Jitsu royal family’s top competitors will be defending the Gracie name: Pan 2012 champ with the tentacular guard Kayron Gracie will have his work cut out for him in the gi against Rafael Lovato Jr., the man who made history when he became the first black belt to win the European Open, Pan-American, Brazilian National, and World Championships all in the same year; the son of gentle-art legend Rickson Gracie, Kron Gracie will don his gi and seek revenge for his loss to Victor Estima at this year’s Pan-American Championship; while multiple world- and ADCC-title holder Kyra Gracie will have a bout of grappling with Alexis Davis, an MMA fighter on the Strikeforce roster.

Rounding out the six-match card are two intriguing rematches: Nino Schembri, a decorated world champion who is further distinguished by his knockout of Kazushi Sakuraba during Pride FC’s heyday, will be looking for redemption for his 2010 defeat at the hands of Paragon BJJ’s Bill Cooper (watch it here); and sparks are bound to fly in the No-Gi grudge match between 2007 No-Gi world champion Jeff Glover and the only four-time winner of the No-Gi World Championship, Caio Terra.

If Jiu-Jitsu or MMA is your thing, you won’t want to miss it. Pre-pay your live stream before the connections run out; click here. The action begins at 6:30 pm Pacific Standard Time on Saturday, May 12.

Supermatch card

Nick Diaz vs. Bráulio Estima (No-Gi)
Kayron Gracie vs. Rafael Lovato Jr (Gi)
Victor Estima vs. Kron Gracie (Gi)
Nino Schembri vs. Bill Cooper (Gi)
Kyra Gracie vs. Alexis Davis (No-Gi)
Caio Terra vs. Jeff Glover (No-Gi)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight   Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight Empty

Back to top Go down

Nick Diaz-Braulio Estima BJJ Superfight
Page 1 of 1