Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Betting Public Makes Myles Jury 3 to 1 Favorite Over Al Iaquinta For TUF Live

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Betting Public Makes Myles Jury 3 to 1 Favorite Over Al Iaquinta For TUF Live  Empty
PostSubject: Betting Public Makes Myles Jury 3 to 1 Favorite Over Al Iaquinta For TUF Live    Betting Public Makes Myles Jury 3 to 1 Favorite Over Al Iaquinta For TUF Live  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:50 am

Through two fights thus far on the Ultimate Fighter Live, UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz‘s team has been rolling with two straight victories.

As the third fight approaches this Friday pitting Team Cruz’s Myles Jury against Team Faber’s Al Iaquinta, the public appears to believe this is a trend more than just a blip.

According to Nick Kalikas from BetonFighting.com, the betting lines for the Jury vs. Iaquinta fight opened up earlier today, with the former Ultimate Fighter season 13 cast member as nearly a 2 to 1 favorite.

Jury came out as a -170 favorite with the comeback on Iaquinta at +135.

What’s happened over the last several hours however has floored Kalikas as the betting public has now installed Jury as a near 3 to 1 favorite, shifting his line all the way to -285, while Iaquinta’s underdog status has grown with +225 odds.

“I am surprised about the shift, I wasn’t expecting that,” Kalikas told MMAWeekly.com. “I think Myles Jury deserves to be the rightful favorite, and 2 to 1 close to my opening line is a fair number, but where it’s sitting the public might be underestimating Iaquinta slightly.”

Al Iaquinta is a student of former UFC welterweight champion Matt Serra and longtime boxing coach Ray Longo, who holds a 5-1 record overall.

There’s no question Jury comes into the fight with more experience, and also has the benefit of working with the same coaches on Team Cruz as he does on a daily basis being the UFC bantamweight champ’s training partner at the Alliance Training Center in San Diego.

Still it appears that Iaquinta is securing his place as a big underdog heading into Friday’s fight as he tries to stop the skid that Team Faber has been on since the first fight selection two weeks ago.

Jury and Iaquinta square off on Friday night during the next episode of the Ultimate Fighter Live airing at 10pm ET on FX.

Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Betting Public Makes Myles Jury 3 to 1 Favorite Over Al Iaquinta For TUF Live  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betting Public Makes Myles Jury 3 to 1 Favorite Over Al Iaquinta For TUF Live    Betting Public Makes Myles Jury 3 to 1 Favorite Over Al Iaquinta For TUF Live  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 11:02 am

Doesn't Iaquinta have a 13-0 ammy record? Losing to Pat Audinwood who is a very good figther is no knock. I am betting heavy on Iaquinta.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Betting Public Makes Myles Jury 3 to 1 Favorite Over Al Iaquinta For TUF Live    Betting Public Makes Myles Jury 3 to 1 Favorite Over Al Iaquinta For TUF Live  EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 11:15 am

Ninja wrote:
Doesn't Iaquinta have a 13-0 ammy record? Losing to Pat Audinwood who is a very good figther is no knock. I am betting heavy on Iaquinta.

He was 12-0 or 13-0. I'm thinking alot of people are basing this off his last fight which he lost, like you said against Audinwood. I've seen Al fight a few times and he's good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Betting Public Makes Myles Jury 3 to 1 Favorite Over Al Iaquinta For TUF Live    Betting Public Makes Myles Jury 3 to 1 Favorite Over Al Iaquinta For TUF Live  Empty

Back to top Go down

Betting Public Makes Myles Jury 3 to 1 Favorite Over Al Iaquinta For TUF Live
Page 1 of 1