Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Eventual tourney winner Brian Foster OUT

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Eventual tourney winner Brian Foster OUT Empty
PostSubject: Eventual tourney winner Brian Foster OUT   Eventual tourney winner Brian Foster OUT EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:31 pm

Damn, he was gonna take it too.
http://mmajunkie.com/news/27939/bellators-brian-foster-not-medically-cleared-replaced-by-newcomer-jordan-smith.mma
Promotional newcomer Jordan Smith (17-2 MMA, 0-0 BFC) has replaced Brian Foster (18-5 MMA, 0-0 BFC) in Bellator Fighting Championships' season-six welterweight tournament.

Bellator officials today announced that Foster has not been medically cleared for a scheduled appearance at next week's Bellator 63 event and has been forced to withdraw.

Smith now faces undefeated prospect David Rickels (8-0 MMA, 3-0 BFC) in an opening-round matchup.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Eventual tourney winner Brian Foster OUT   Eventual tourney winner Brian Foster OUT EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:34 pm

Always been a fan of Foster. Saw his first fight in the UFC live versus Story. Damn good fight. He was a little to raw for the UFC, but over the years I think he's improved and should get another shot in the big show.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Eventual tourney winner Brian Foster OUT   Eventual tourney winner Brian Foster OUT EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:41 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Always been a fan of Foster. Saw his first fight in the UFC live versus Story. Damn good fight. He was a little to raw for the UFC, but over the years I think he's improved and should get another shot in the big show.
Me too. He has stuck with me since then as well.
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/gallery/Personal-album-of-OUSOONERSOU/story-chokes-foster-ufc-103-pic_25.htm
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Eventual tourney winner Brian Foster OUT   Eventual tourney winner Brian Foster OUT EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 3:52 pm

He can't even get medically cleared for Bellator? He ain't close to getting back in the UFC
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Eventual tourney winner Brian Foster OUT   Eventual tourney winner Brian Foster OUT EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 3:53 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
He can't even get medically cleared for Bellator? He ain't close to getting back in the UFC
Are the standards stricter for the UFC? I would assume they are equal.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Eventual tourney winner Brian Foster OUT   Eventual tourney winner Brian Foster OUT EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 3:55 pm

Well they won't bring him back because of that condition and he's fought elsewhere since then
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Eventual tourney winner Brian Foster OUT   Eventual tourney winner Brian Foster OUT EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 3:59 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Well they won't bring him back because of that condition and he's fought elsewhere since then
He was cleared to fight 3 times since he fought in the UFC. He obviously thought he would be cleared for this tourney. They aren't giving us many details right now.

Quote :
According to Bellator officials, the Mohegan Sun Commission – which oversees MMA at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn., site of Bellator 63 – Foster "will need to be screened for additional testing before he is medically cleared to fight."
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Eventual tourney winner Brian Foster OUT   Eventual tourney winner Brian Foster OUT EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 6:45 pm

I didnt think he was going to win the tournament, but thats a shame considering he's such an exciting fighter with a horrible string of luck.

Maybe when he fought elsewhere he was healthy but something new has come up since then. Foster must have took a piss on some indian burial ground or something.

Jordan Smith is a solid fighter though. The american of Blackhouse.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Eventual tourney winner Brian Foster OUT   Eventual tourney winner Brian Foster OUT EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 10:11 am

http://mmajunkie.com/news/27989/if-not-cleared-to-fight-by-june-bellators-brian-foster-vows-retirement.mma
Foster said he is medically cleared to fight, but the paperwork proving so didn't get to the commission in time.

"This has been an ongoing problem for a year now since my release from the UFC," he said. "The doctors have released me from all my injuries or whatever the UFC released me for – the brain hemorrhage thing back in April of last year.

"I'm healed. I've been in the best shape I've ever been in, I've been training my ass off for 12 weeks, and I don't get to put up a fight. I'm a little aggravated."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eventual tourney winner Brian Foster OUT   Eventual tourney winner Brian Foster OUT Empty

Back to top Go down

Eventual tourney winner Brian Foster OUT
Page 1 of 1