Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito

Go down 
+2
timthebim
KingsOwn19
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito Empty
PostSubject: UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito   UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 11:37 pm

I was just watching this 90 minute special on comcast. Never seen it before and don't remember it coming out. I'm sure it's pretty old but was this made during the time Tito was out of the UFC post Machida fight? This is a complete burial of Tito Ortiz while pumping up Chuck. Everytime Tito would say something, cut to Dana ripping him to shreds while talking about how Chuck is the GOAT and how Tito is a scared pansy who wanted to destroy the UFC. This had to have been made during the huge beef. However you feel about a guy, it's fucked up that the guys who he works for dedicate half of a special in making him look bad. I don't know if it ws abou Chuck vs. Tito more than it was Dana vs. Tito.

Good watch though.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito   UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 11:44 pm

What channel was it on?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito   UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 11:47 pm

comcast sports net locally for me..probably fox sports net for many others.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito   UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 11:53 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
comcast sports net locally for me..probably fox sports net for many others.

Cool I will look for it and see if I can find it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito   UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 11:55 pm

Its garbage. The kind of shit white does to fighters who carried the sport on their back. Frank Shamrock vs Tito didnt even make the top 100 fights of all time. I hate that shit. I hope the fans in the future start holding the UFC accountable for that noise
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito   UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 1:34 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Its garbage. The kind of shit white does to fighters who carried the sport on their back. Frank Shamrock vs Tito didnt even make the top 100 fights of all time. I hate that shit. I hope the fans in the future start holding the UFC accountable for that noise

Fans voted on the top 100.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito   UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 2:17 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Fans voted on the top 100.

It wasn't included in the possible options. They limited all Tito wins and every Frank Shamrock fight.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito   UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 2:49 am

with Chuck 110 % always liked Chuck after reading his book, even if it was just him telling someone stuff and them writing it, the insight you got. He seemed like a genuinely nice person that viewed Tito as a basic arrogant asshole with the inclinations of a child.

I will forever be happy that Chuck got to hand Tito the beatings that Ken never got too.

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito   UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 2:53 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

you have to realize Zuffa i.e. Dana has tried to completely erase Frank from the history of UFC.

Its as if he didn't exist, and now Ken is just some crazy old guy that had nothing to do with the creation of the sport.

Frank was better than Tito was and its time to admit that Tito Ortiz had his great run after Frank, the man who made Tito tap to bitch smacks, left the UFC. Plain and simple, Frank would have had damn near 15 defenses if he had stayed active during that era in that division. Big if, but I believe it
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito   UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 4:50 am

Tito would have mauled him a second time around. He dipped to avoid a second Tito fight when there was no cash to be made for taking it. Real talk.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito   UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 4:54 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Tito would have mauled him a second time around. He dipped to avoid a second Tito fight when there was no cash to be made for taking it. Real talk.

who are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito   UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 5:21 am

allen goes...

FRANK DUR
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito   UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 5:45 am

I was confused didn't know if you were taking a shot at Ken, Frank or Chuck.

Gotta disagree. FIrst off Tito would have had to earn his title shot, Tito vs Frank wouldn't have happened right off the bat.

2nd you don't know what you are talking about, Frank retired because the UFC would have actually gone bankrupt if he hadn't. They could not afford to pay him what they were contractually obligated to do. I.E. Wolf don't know shit.

Real talk.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito   UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 12:12 pm

I thought it was pretty good. Dana was clearly on the opposite side of Tito during that whole time period about not wanting to fight Chuck and contract negotiations. I'd rather see him tell it like how he felt it was than go 50/50.

I thought I read somewhere that he said Tito watched it and then talked to him and couldn't believe he acted like that back then, but that could be total BS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito   UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC Bad Blood: Chuck and Tito
Page 1 of 1