Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign

Go down 
+7
Wolfgangsta
KingsOwn19
Thomasdrrn09
GDPofDRC
oggy420
captain organic
Birdofthad
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign Empty
PostSubject: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:48 pm

Great idea for a campaign, make the worlds most famous world criminal a known and hunted man. But doesn't mean you should donate.

"Invisible Children has been condemned time and time again. As a registered not-for-profit, its finances are public. Last year, the organization spent $8,676,614. Only 32% went to direct services (page 6), with much of the rest going to staff salaries, travel and transport, and film production. This is far from ideal, and Charity Navigator rates their accountability 2/4 stars because they haven't had their finances externally audited. But it goes way deeper than that.

http://jezebel.com/5891269/think-twice-before-donating-to-kony-2012-the-meme-du-jour
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:35 pm

just watching the 1/2 hr movie it was pretty clear the guy was into himself.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:18 pm

captain organic wrote:
just watching the 1/2 hr movie it was pretty clear the guy was into himself.

ya basically in the public records on what is known only 32% of donations went to helping the African children and villages. 68% went to pay for his recording and expenses.

Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:10 am

tell me more about how everyone has always cared about the Ugandan children...

amazing how purely fake people are becoming that they pretend to be so concerned about this when in happens every day in many countries in Africa
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:17 am

I think it's interesting that this spreads as a topic, a conversation, in a day, but where conversations happen on the internet, what people care to talk about is npo money.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:44 am

oggy420 wrote:

amazing how purely fake people are becoming that they pretend to be so concerned about this when in happens every day in many countries in Africa

I'm with you. It pisses me off people are acting like experts on Central Africa politics when they had no idea who Kony was three days ago and will forget all about him in a week. People are donating money to invisible children which help fund the Ugandan military, who has committed the exact same atrocities according to this report.

http://www.observer.ug/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17456%3Aupdf-in-kony-hunt-accused-of-rape-looting&catid=78%3Atopstories&Itemid=116

Also Oggy I bump heads with you a lot on conspiricay theories but I think it is pretty funny all the attention this is getting four months after oil was discovered in Uganda.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:58 am

oggy420 wrote:

agree, the whole Congo is a damn near mess, Somalia is a mess, Yemen, it aint pretty.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:59 am

Thomasdrrn09 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

I'm with you. It pisses me off people are acting like experts on Central Africa politics when they had no idea who Kony was three days ago and will forget all about him in a week. People are donating money to invisible children which help fund the Ugandan military, who has committed the exact same atrocities according to this report.

http://www.observer.ug/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17456%3Aupdf-in-kony-hunt-accused-of-rape-looting&catid=78%3Atopstories&Itemid=116

Also Oggy I bump heads with you a lot on conspiricay theories but I think it is pretty funny all the attention this is getting four months after oil was discovered in Uganda.

I think its funny this is a big deal 4 months after Rush Limbaugh defended the LRA hahaha
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:09 am

Africa doesn't need military intervention. The root of the problem is poverty. Putting a bullet in this guys head so his cousin or the Ugandan military can take over next week isn't going to solve a damn thing.
The people in these countries join the army to avoid absolute poverty and starvation. Not all of them are kidnapped. They join the army because they are put in a position where the must join, or starve. And it's not just like that in Uganda, it's like that in the Congo and many other places.
It's not just the figure heads of these countries, it's a systematic breakdown of the region.
What Africa needs, desperately, is debt relief. And you are right, if the US intervenes it certainly wont be for humanitarian interest, we all know that by now.
If you want to understand what has happened in Africa you should research neo-colonialism.
The long term solution is debt relief, economic recovery, and we need to stop crippling their economies with the IMF and the World bank with their perpetual debt scams. They need to leave Africa for there ever to be a chance of recovery.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:32 am

im on other forums where people are already crapping on this whole thing..can this be the fastest "brought up to be torn down" fad in internet history?

It was a nicely made film and Joseph Kony is sick like many other warlords not mentioned in the peice..but they were not getting a dime from me. I can count charities i trust with no fingers.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:50 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
im on other forums where people are already crapping on this whole thing..can this be the fastest "brought up to be torn down" fad in internet history?

It was a nicely made film and Joseph Kony is sick like many other warlords not mentioned in the peice..but they were not getting a dime from me. I can count charities i trust with no fingers.

this is exactly how I feel
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:59 am

I walked up into this thread ready to cus all yall out for supporting this but I am hella glad to see some sense here. Like I said in the other thread, we can find African kids who speak worse fucking English forced into pseudo military groups and given guns in shitty neighborhoods right fucking here. A DIRECT result from our own kidnapping and slavery of Africans we all, blacks included, pretend isn't the direct cause of modern social problems in poor black neighborhoods.

"but but but but but those are just problems of poverty!!" Suck my dick the hell off with that. Turn black people into consumers and everything goes away? Whatever. That is a myth the liberals who really ultimately serve the interests of the status quo perpetuate. There are deep seeded cultural wounds that have yet to heal and need to be directly addressed in our own population of citizens. Maybe with some type of reparations, but certainly with open dialogue and discussion. Something we don't do now.

Watch the First 48. Tell me those people live in the same country you do? They don't man. They just don't. The relationships with death and violence and substance abuse and prison and the list goes on and on inside insulated African American neighborhoods is so utterly different than the neighborhoods most of us whitey whites grew up in. Lets worry about north Memphis. South Central. Houston. New Orleans.

I used to really hate White Guilt. I felt like "I didnt take no slaves" and I felt that "you were never a slave" so we could just put the issue to rest. BUNK. We as a nation are far, far from healed. We aint got time to play capt savum with the rest of the world.

This kind of opened a pandoras box for me. If any yall wanna chew this stuff over with me we can.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 4:03 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I walked up into this thread ready to cus all yall out for supporting this but I am hella glad to see some sense here. Like I said in the other thread, we can find African kids who speak worse fucking English forced into pseudo military groups and given guns in shitty neighborhoods right fucking here. A DIRECT result from our own kidnapping and slavery of Africans we all, blacks included, pretend isn't the direct cause of modern social problems in poor black neighborhoods.

"but but but but but those are just problems of poverty!!" Suck my dick the hell off with that. Turn black people into consumers and everything goes away? Whatever. That is a myth the liberals who really ultimately serve the interests of the status quo perpetuate. There are deep seeded cultural wounds that have yet to heal and need to be directly addressed in our own population of citizens. Maybe with some type of reparations, but certainly with open dialogue and discussion. Something we don't do now.

Watch the First 48. Tell me those people live in the same country you do? They don't man. They just don't. The relationships with death and violence and substance abuse and prison and the list goes on and on inside insulated African American neighborhoods is so utterly different than the neighborhoods most of us whitey whites grew up in. Lets worry about north Memphis. South Central. Houston. New Orleans.

I used to really hate White Guilt. I felt like "I didnt take no slaves" and I felt that "you were never a slave" so we could just put the issue to rest. BUNK. We as a nation are far, far from healed. We aint got time to play capt savum with the rest of the world.

This kind of opened a pandoras box for me. If any yall wanna chew this stuff over with me we can.

Like I said in the other thread this times 1000
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:11 pm

you might be right wolf, but you can't deny that the socioeconomic conditions in inner city areas and things such as the war on drugs that specifically target African Americans has something to do with the current underlying problems. It's deeper than just slavery.

Im not saying turn blacks into consumers. Especially when we are talking about Africa. That is a whole other ball game. They don't even have a chance there with the debt and the unethical mega bankers and corporations stealing all the wealth and natural resources while enslaving an entire continent into massive perpetual debt.

And if you want to see how much we really "care" about these people... search Ghana trash dump. The west has been dumping all of our electronic waste there for years and the health problems there are ridiculous.
http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/ghana804/video/video_index.html
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:32 pm

It's always easier to find reasons not to give a shit.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:35 pm

Plenty of fucked up shit going on everywhere. Impossible to contribute or even keep track of it all.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:37 pm

Best to just ignore all of it and keep to yourself
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:38 pm

The video called it self an experiment. What are the results?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:45 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Best to just ignore all of it and keep to yourself
I think you need to help yourself, then your family, then your neighborhood, then your city, then your state, then your country, then starving children in Africa. In that order.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:47 pm

i wouldn't say it's best to ignore it. It is good to have an understanding of how much humanity is suffering outside of our dumb'ed down american consumer bubbles. But jumping on a bandwagon to pretend like you care about something for one day, when you never have before and probably will forget about next week, is disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:49 pm

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:52 pm

Did you slap yo mamma for giving you that name?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:17 pm

That was the first gay pic online. You just keep on negging me in place of saying anything remotely worth while. You're exceptionally off your game. Step it up.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:26 pm

I'm sorry. Your blog is awesome. You are the most sought after free agent in the blogging world. Everyone is dying to read it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign   Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign Empty

Back to top Go down

Think Twice before Donating to the Kony 2012 campaign
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next