Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What would you take?

Go down 
+8
Birdofthad
Wolfgangsta
Farmer1906
captain organic
Ludo
josh200612
killerofchicken
GDPofDRC
12 posters

Lump Sum or Annuity Payment
Lump Sum - 1 Time Payout
What would you take? Vote_lcap64%What would you take? Vote_rcap
 64% [ 7 ]
Annuity Payment - 26 Payments Annually
What would you take? Vote_lcap36%What would you take? Vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

What would you take? Empty
PostSubject: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 3:58 pm

If you won the lottery, a multi-million dollar jackpot, how would you accept the prize?

Would you take an annuity payment(26 total payments) or a lottery lump sum payout?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 5:39 pm

Lump...
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 5:44 pm

Lump.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 6:03 pm

Annuity. Having that much cash at once has a bad effect on the average person. Before you know it it's all gone and by then you've changed your lifestyle in light of such a cashflow.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 6:07 pm

depends on the #'s. How much is the lump, how much is the payment?

But I'd prob go lump. some sound investments and I'd still get an annuity payment.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 6:15 pm

I lean towards annuity to ground what desires I'd have to splurge it in an indulgent intoxication. In theory If you won a million, you would get a lump sum check of about 500k. But a 20 year annuity would be at almost 50k for 20 years, seemingly better value. But you could always work that 500k into something much bigger.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 6:22 pm

I want it all now. Money is worth more now than it is later. I have enough self control not to blow it either. I'd invest most of live off the interest and have trust funds set up so my kids will be set.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:34 pm

I'd know full well the lump sum would be the mistake and take the shit out of it anyway. I'd try and use it to launch some of my ideas, inventions, and stuff. I'd also develop an addiction to cocaine and strippers. Or rather, I'd actually be able to afford those addictions I was likely born with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:37 pm

wolf is pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:39 am

Lump

If I blow all that money at least I figured out I was a fucking moron in the process!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:18 am

I don't didn't need millions to find that out.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:50 am

captain organic wrote:
wolf is pretty funny.

So I have been told.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:43 pm

Lump. I just know 1 way or another I wouldn't get all my payments. Either the world would end, they would run out of money or just stop the lotto. I'll take it while you got it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Lump sum simply so you could check your balance and see that tasty figure.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 12:10 am

Lump for me.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 1:12 am

I'd also use the lump some to hire PIs to investigate every aspect of my exewife and her family and ideally send them all to prison. If that fails I'd use the money for my defense after the FBI busts me for hiring a fake hitman.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 1:46 pm

OU wrote:
Lump. I just know 1 way or another I wouldn't get all my payments. Either the world would end, they would run out of money or just stop the lotto. I'll take it while you got it.

Exactly, plus if you die you can't transfer the money.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:54 pm

Lump some!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:18 pm

MEGA MILLIONS HERE I COME!!!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:21 pm

If you win can I have your headset?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 3:37 pm

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/5-reasons-dont-really-want-190000583.html

LOL what a stupid fucking article. Basically if you are retarded, you don't want this money.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 3:45 pm

MEGA MILLIONS HERE I COME PART 2!!!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 3:52 pm

Can I have your house, xbox, headset and current piece of ass if you win? You won't need that shit anymore when you upgrade.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 4:04 pm

haha 640 million!!!! damn son
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 4:10 pm

I made a deal with Uncle Creepy. I'm gonna put the life savings on him vs Mouse and I'll split the money with him and he is gonna split his earnings with me. Then we will get matching tattoos and sword fight in the bathroom. Well we really did agree to the first part and my lawyer says it's a legally binding verbal agreement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you take?   What would you take? Empty

Back to top Go down

What would you take?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: