Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart

Go down 
+2
Birdofthad
oggy420
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:20 pm

editor of Drudge Report.

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:54 pm

not a fan but RIP
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:56 pm

Don't know much about Andrew Breitbart, but Drudge is amazing!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:02 pm

Guy was full of wet shit imo for the most part and a communal detriment to more than just the eager minds who absorbed the hate he spew on his soap box, but to live and die is a helluva a thing. RIP and more trash worthy than off-topic worthy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 2:47 am

sound like a bitter liberal
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 2:54 am

in fairness oggy, when Ted Kennedy died, all Breitbart did was talk shit about Ted Kennedy for the whole day, just saying.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 10:45 am

he was a bit of a douche, for sure, but i respected him for taking on the liberal media in this country and not backing down
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 1:25 pm

oggy420 wrote:
sound like a bitter liberal

The guy was a divider who fed off the hate he was able to stir in weak minded individuals, both those who did and did not support him. I find it kind of ironic how some people I know have claimed he stood up for truth when in reality his deceptive distortion of truth is what brought him to the national forefront, twisting context for class prejudice and race bating. RIP, but I won't miss the work he did, his brand of journalism pushed people apart more than anything and he profited with a smile from the peoples jobs he destroyed through his unabashed lies.
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 4:35 pm

GDP, was there anything other then the Shirley Sherrod situation that was controversial? I've read his websites for a long time and that was the only selective editing issue I saw...which turned out to be a situation where Breitbart posted the video that was sent to him, and not a case of him actually editing the video.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Yes there is, and if your taking his word on what he has done then I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 4:46 pm

Please cite an example...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 4:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:03 pm

personally I htought he was full of shit on the whole class warfare attacks. Any conservative who doesn't see that this shit all started 35 years ago with Reagan is either blind, not smart, or hoping the american people have a short memory.
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:05 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
personally I htought he was full of shit on the whole class warfare attacks. Any conservative who doesn't see that this shit all started 35 years ago with Reagan is either blind, not smart, or hoping the american people have a short memory.

What is "this shit" and how did it start with Reagan?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:14 pm

Reaganomics started the decline of the middle class. This is indisputable. There is a reason Reagan is referred to as the "Original Class Warrior".

In 1981 Reagan overtly aligned the government with the interests of the top 1% .
In those three short decades the income and wealth of the top 1% has tripled while the income of the bottom 99% of all Americans has stagnated or dropped.

This started with Reagan, not Obama to suggest Obama started class warfare is a comical fucking joke.

articles that may interest you.

http://www.thomhartmann.com/blog/2011/06/war-ronald-reagan-started-against-working-class-resounding-success-today

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ronald-reagan-the-original-class-warrior/2011/10/06/gIQAwuvDRL_story.html

hell there has even been books written on the subject

http://www.amazon.com/New-Class-War-Reagans-Consequences/dp/0394706471

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:17 pm

jimbojones1950 wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

What is "this shit" and how did it start with Reagan?

my fault I didn't clarify. Ronald Reagans policies lead us to this moment Where the top 1% is controlling 97% of our economy and paying less in taxes then the 99% who controls at best 3% of our nations economy.

The idea that Obama by taxing "job creators" is engaging in class warfare is a fucking joke, especially when you know the history of how we got to this moment.

Reagan waged Class Warfare on the "welfare state" , you have to realize Reagan and Margaret Thatcher believed welfare recipients had been given a free ride and it was time for the richest people to be given a break.

They have had this break for THIRTY YEARS. Time for the party to end.
Anyone attacking Obama for this (especially on the right) is a hypocrite unless they want to admit that Reagan brought us to this point.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:22 pm

lol the transfer of wealth from the middle and lower class to the elite has been going on long before Reagan
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:25 pm

When the AC3 comes out and I beat the game, I'll let you know who the original American traders were.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:30 pm

jimbojones1950 wrote:
Please cite an example...
What he was into was serious and effected a lot of people's lives, a game for him. A stunt. So let's just start with this one.

ACORN.

What it was, 500,000 member families, 1,200 chapters, 75 cities in America.

What they did,
Voter registration - Enemy of Breitbart because the people being registered to vote were not wealthy, not someone who might vote the way he wanted.

Foreclosure prevention advocacy, affordable housing, first time home ownership, predatory lending reform, and mortgage protection. A group watching out people against the schmuck banks that helped beat this country up. People in a tight spot, who didn't know what to do about the very real problems that swept the county, that didn't have the money and assets for legal assistance, people being foreclosed on that didn't need to be foreclosed on. This was a community group, local, to help people in those situations. A place to go for people who don't have the resources.

Fair wage laws, hard working Americans not getting paid what they should in accordance with law. This was where someone could go who couldn't afford lawyers.

That is what it was, help.

It had documented problems a like any big operation at the top. But at the bottom is point. About 50 million in fed money in 16 years went to the program or 10% of their budget. Or about 3 million a year on average, you cannot even build a highway interchange for three million dollars.

Breitbart made it a monster. It was his fun and games.

He played editing games with tapes at the expense of impoverished Americans.

His tapes were doctored but it didn't matter. The sensationalism of them vexed the masses, ACORN was a monster.

A Non-partisan Congressional Committee, Various State Attorney Generals and District Attorneys investigated them, every single one of them concluded the tapes were highly doctored and there was no charge of any substance against the organization itself.

There was no man that came in to ACORN in a pimp outfit like the Breitbart made video showed. A man dressed as pimp was filmed in a different scene and came to ACORN in regular clothes. When a news agency wanted to say hey, let's look at all these tapes and make sure we got this story right, they wouldn't hand them over. Now this is only known because one of those states that investigated this had a law stating that it is a crime to violate someone's privacy by taping them without their permission, to avoid a conviction a plea deal was agreed to for the tapes. If they hadn't insisted then this lie would of lived forever. All the documentation was handed over. This stunt was attempted many, many times and failed until they finally had the proper sound bites to splice the video from a low level ACORN screener.

They edited the tapes to make it appear he was in a pimp outfit, some portions of the tape had the original audio removed and different was audio substituted in. All the various investigations, Congressional, State, District determined that it was not known what questions the ACORN employee was even answering because it was doctored.

And what happened despite this? Federal funding pulled, ACORN collapses, hundreds of thousands of the people getting screwed the worst by the banks go back to getting screwed, their community y voce silenced, and many, many thousands of Americans who were put out of work because of a game, a stunt, an attack, one that Breitbart gladly profited from.
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:37 pm

That is a very biased characterization of what actually happened. The fact is, had the tapes been edited as you claim, and had the message from the filming been deceptive, the White House would have continued its support of ACORN, as they reinstated Sherrod. They didn't. There was much corruption from ACORN including voter registration fraud, bilking tax payers by encouraging people to lie on their paperwork, etc. I understand you view these issues from a specific narrative, but reading both sides of stories is important.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/cross_tabs/2008/07/the_truth_about_acorn.html

Bird, here is an article you may find interesting...
http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/92
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:38 pm

jimbojones1950 wrote:
That is a very biased characterization of what actually happened. The fact is, had the tapes been edited as you claim, and had the message from the filming been deceptive, the White House would have continued its support of ACORN, as they reinstated Sherrod. They didn't. There was much corruption from ACORN including voter registration fraud, bilking tax payers by encouraging people to lie on their paperwork, etc. I understand you view these issues from a specific narrative, but reading both sides of stories is important.

Bird, here is an article you may find interesting...
http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/92

The Defund ACORN Act was a snowball effect that won because perception was for the most part influenced by lies, not as I claim them but as they have been declared in the findings of the Various Attorney General's Investigations, Congressional Investigations, and District Attorney Investigations.

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:48 pm

oggy420 wrote:
lol the transfer of wealth from the middle and lower class to the elite has been going on long before Reagan

while this is true, Reagan made it the whole point and policy of his government. How can you act like he didn't? They don't call it Reaganomics for nothing
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:58 pm

i wasn't really around for Reagan, i was like 2. Still, we went off the gold standard and started robbing and shrinking the middle class through fractional reserve lending before Reagan, he was just another puppet for a flawed economic philosophy, one that we are still using today.

Austrian free market economics > Keynesian central economic planning
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 6:04 pm

oggy420 wrote:
i wasn't really around for Reagan, i was like 2. Still, we went off the gold standard and started robbing and shrinking the middle class through fractional reserve lending before Reagan, he was just another puppet for a flawed economic philosophy, one that we are still using today.

you have to realize the effects of what Reagan did. It was not just like Nixon getting us off the gold standard. It completely reshifted our tax system. Which republicans today seem to think is CLASS WARFARE on "job creators"

I am pointing out that when the Republicans god did it on a larger scale, it somehow wasn't class warfare. Kind of interesting don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 6:05 pm

oggy420 wrote:

I wasn't around for the 6 Days War but I still know what happened
Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart    R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart  Empty

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Andrew Breitbart
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next