Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How does one get addicted to pain medication ?

Go down 
+5
oggy420
OU
cheekynffc
Cu Bu
MMAEYES
9 posters
AuthorMessage

How does one get addicted to pain medication ? Empty
PostSubject: How does one get addicted to pain medication ?   How does one get addicted to pain medication ? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 12:57 pm

Just read that Butler is in rehab for addiction to pain medication, I've always struggled to understand why people get addicted to that type of drug.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: How does one get addicted to pain medication ?   How does one get addicted to pain medication ? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:03 pm

Well Ali doctors are nothing more than glorified drug dealers, they get people hooked on shit just like street corner dealers it's pretty much the same. It's either that or the addict is really just your regular addict and it's just a more excepted excuse.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: How does one get addicted to pain medication ?   How does one get addicted to pain medication ? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:08 pm

I am pretty sure I was addicted to pain meds in my early 20s. It was prescribed and I took as indicated it was a narcotic and ended up fucking my sleep and by that my life up. I began staying awake untill 12 pm then sleeping till 7 pm then being up all night untill repeat.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: How does one get addicted to pain medication ?   How does one get addicted to pain medication ? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:32 pm

Ali wrote:
Just read that Butler is in rehab for addiction to pain medication, I've always struggled to understand why people get addicted to that type of drug.

heroin is a painkiller ali.

people get addicted to things that take their pain away.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: How does one get addicted to pain medication ?   How does one get addicted to pain medication ? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:33 pm

Lot of people get addicted to it after having surgeries, even worse if you have to go through a series of surgeries. You just get addicted to that little pill that helps take your pain away. I remember Bigs talking about his struggles with this issue after surgery.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: How does one get addicted to pain medication ?   How does one get addicted to pain medication ? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:43 pm

synthetic heroin is still pretty addictive.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: How does one get addicted to pain medication ?   How does one get addicted to pain medication ? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 2:00 pm

Ali have you ever done any kind of drug or alcohol?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: How does one get addicted to pain medication ?   How does one get addicted to pain medication ? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How does one get addicted to pain medication ?   How does one get addicted to pain medication ? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:51 am

josh200612 wrote:

Only alcohol and marijuana, I'd never touch anything stronger than weed.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How does one get addicted to pain medication ?   How does one get addicted to pain medication ? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:48 pm

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: How does one get addicted to pain medication ?   How does one get addicted to pain medication ? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:10 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How does one get addicted to pain medication ?   How does one get addicted to pain medication ? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:16 pm

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: How does one get addicted to pain medication ?   How does one get addicted to pain medication ? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:25 pm

american guns imo
How does one get addicted to pain medication ? Paige-Wyatt-Feet-642945
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: How does one get addicted to pain medication ?   How does one get addicted to pain medication ? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:30 pm

yeah that lil skank is kinda hot
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: How does one get addicted to pain medication ?   How does one get addicted to pain medication ? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 12:00 pm

Ali wrote:
josh200612 wrote:

Only alcohol and marijuana, I'd never touch anything stronger than weed.

keep it that way bro life is short as it is
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How does one get addicted to pain medication ?   How does one get addicted to pain medication ? Empty

Back to top Go down

How does one get addicted to pain medication ?
Page 1 of 1