Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set

Go down 
+5
Farmer1906
cascade_run
Wolfgangsta
GDPofDRC
OU
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set Empty
PostSubject: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:41 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/2/10/2789060/forrest-griffin-and-tito-ortiz-to-meet-in-rubber-match
Forrest Griffin and Tito Ortiz will have a third fight, according to Lorenzo Fertitta.

The UFC CEO took to Twitter for an extended Q&A with fight fans today as he battled insomnia in Brazil, where is overseeing the initial stages of ‘The Ultimate Fighter: Brasil', which began shooting this week.

Asked by a fan what would be next for Griffin he replied, "Tito."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:41 am

Would make sense to have this as one of the 4 fights on FOX 3.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 1:09 pm

Double retirement fight?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 1:15 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Double retirement fight?
I actually think that is very possible. I expect both to get a nice pay day for this. I'm sure both will receive one of those famous off the record backstage checks to go along with a salary that far exceeds their current fighting level. Neither guy really posses that much power, so they could entertain for a couple rounds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 1:26 pm

Get this on Fox !
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:20 pm

Great fight. They are split 4 rounds a piece on my card. Im hoping Tito KTFOs him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:53 pm

Two shot fighter, that have put out less then stellar fights the last few times out, I love Forrest and what he has done for sport, but he looked like a shell of himself last time out, maybe it was the fact he was worried about his wife and baby, I will give him that, but if he loses I would have to say it is time to write some more books, Tito just go away.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:01 pm

3 rounds a piece*
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:59 pm

End of the day, this the only fight for either of these guys I'm interested in seeing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:19 pm

As much as everyone hates on Forrest, he is still a top 10 fighter and is going to crush Tito.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:30 am

Tito liable to knock his head off. His hands look better than ever while Forrests look worse
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:41 am

And Forrest would be killed by most of the top ten.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:46 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Tito liable to knock his head off. His hands look better than ever while Forrests look worse

Since the last fight where Forrest absolute owned Tito standing (just rewatched it) he's gone 1-1 where he didn't showcase his hands much versus Franklin, but for the most part got the better of him. He got caught by Shogun. Tito on the other hand landed one big shot when Badar rushed in then got tooled by Rashad and Lil Nog. All and all I think Forrest still ahas a big advantage on the feet. The think Tito has going to him is his block head while Forrest's chin isn't what it used to be.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:49 am

He was hardly owned on the feet. Ill sig bet Tito gets this.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:54 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
And Forrest would be killed by most of the top ten.

Forrest versus the top 10

Jones 0-0 Def loss!

Rashad 0-1. Looked great until he caught him.

Hendo 0-0. Has the ability to beat Hendo (if he uses the same strategy as Franklin) but one H Bomb and its over.

Rampage 1-0. Close fight and could go either way if they rematch.

Shogun 1-1. A healthy Shogun catches Forrest more often than that Forrest outlasts Shogun.

Machida 0-0. Hard to tell with Machia. Have to think Forrest is an underdog here.

Davis 0-0. Toss up. Davis's wrestling could be the difference, but if they stood then Forrest probably has an edge.

Gustafsson 0-0. Hard to tell at this point. Gustafsson has looked impressive.

Ll Nog 0-0. Bad match up for Forrest. Nog wins it standing.

Bottom of the spectrum 0-9. Top of the spectrum 4-5. Likely 2-7. I guess he would lose to most of the top 10, but then again he should lose to about 6 or 7 guys being ranked about 7th or 8th in the world right?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:58 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
He was hardly owned on the feet. Ill sig bet Tito gets this.

Done and yes he was.

1. I just watched it and Forrest owned Tito on the feet. Never really rocked him, but landed a ton and bruised up a guy's face who doesn't always show a ton of wear.

2. Fight Metric
Total Strikes landed from striking distance:
Forrest-61 (head-40, body-7, legs-15)
Ortiz-11 (head-9, body-1, legs-1)
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 2:07 am

Forrest has declined heavily. He was at his best an over achiever anyway who owes as much to luck as his own skills. I rank him outside the top ten. Hendo, Shogun, Rampage, Feijao, Mousasi, Alexander Gus, Mo, Evans, Machida, Jones and Nog id pick to KO him now.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 2:08 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Forrest has declined heavily. He was at his best an over achiever anyway who owes as much to luck as his own skills. I rank him outside the top ten. Hendo, Shogun, Rampage, Feijao, Mousasi, Alexander Gus, Mo, Evans, Machida, Jones and Nog id pick to KO him now.

Possible, but then again you think Ortiz is going to beat him so I have a hard time giving you opinion much credit.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 2:18 am

You act like they haven't fought tooth and nail for six rounds...
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 2:28 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
You act like they haven't fought tooth and nail for six rounds...

The first fight Tito was near his best and Forrest was an up and comer. Tito won with wrestling and Forrest almost made a comeback. Very close fight, but Tito won 6 years ago. Since then Forrest has grown as a fighter while Tito has gone down hill. He isn't as athletic and he relies on striking more than ever since he lost his shot compared to 7-9 years ago. The 2nd fight was Forrest all the way. He won a semi close round and maybe lost a close round. But by the end of the fight he dominated the 3rd and would have finished Tito if it would have went to a 4th. I know you have a thing for Tito and all, but I just don't see it.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 5:31 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

if i've ever seen tito knock anyones head off i've forgotten about it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 5:55 am

Bader. He was throwing well against Nog too. I'm not saying thats the most likely result, just dont sleep on it..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 2:10 pm

I wouldn't be shocked if Tito won this time, Forrest already seems to have one foot out the door and that was before he became a father.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Not that interested in this fight. I'd say not Fox worthy, but the last fox card set the bar pretty low.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 2:51 pm

captain organic wrote:
Not that interested in this fight. I'd say not Fox worthy, but the last fox card set the bar pretty low.

2 #1 contender fights?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set   Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set Empty

Back to top Go down

Tito vs Forrest 3, no date set
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next