Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Hunger Games

Go down 
+5
cascade_run
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
Ludo
GolbeZ
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

The Hunger Games - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:05 pm

Saw it last night. Hard to tell if it was good or not because like usual it wasn't in the same league as the book. I could see how someone would miss a ton of stuff or not understand why certain things happen or how certain people feel without reading the book first. They came close to covering everything, but still left things out. The shaky camera got annoying at times, but wasn't terrible. From most people I've read/heard who didn't read the book first still liked it.
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 9:05 pm

I liked it better when it was a tween book/movie and it was called battle royale
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 10:39 pm

Just got back from it and I enjoyed it. I love that girl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 11:00 pm

josh200612 wrote:
Just got back from it and I enjoyed it. I love that girl.

Jennifer Lawrence is something else.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 1:36 pm

I actually went and saw the midnight showing of it on thursday .. I also have read the books and thought the movie was awesome..

having some things missing/changed from the book in the movie adaptation is to be expected and I felt they did a really good job in following the story line.. they also had clever ways to explain things to the audience members who havnt read the books .. like cut to the games announcers

the addition of President Snow and Seneca in the movie was way better than Madge, the Mayor, people at the Hob (even though you saw 1 character there) etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 5:52 pm

$ 155 mill USA

$ 214 mill Worldwide

Safe to say sequels will be on the horizon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 12:23 pm

Gary Ross won't be directing the sequel.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33631
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 10:17 pm

Ali wrote:
Gary Ross won't be directing the sequel.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33631

Yeah something about timelines not matching up, as he wanted longer time to develop the script and they are giving him 4 months, seems stupid to rush
the movies out if they are just going to half ass em, I thought the movie was brilliant and the parts that were missed I didn't mind. Halfway through Mockingjay looking forward
to how it ends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:51 pm

Surprise surprise Mocking Jay will be split into two movies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2